It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Young quits as Cameron's adviser after claiming that Britain 'has never had it so good'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Lord Young quits as Cameron's adviser after claiming that Britain 'has never had it so good' in this 'so-called recession'

www.dailymail.co.uk

A senior adviser to David Cameron quit today after sparking outrage by declaring Britons had never had it so good.
Lord Young of Graffham resigned this lunchtime over the crass remarks, which led to a storm of protest.
David Cameron had earlier stopped short of ousting him from Government but had declared he would be doing a 'bit less speaking in future'.
But the Tory peer decided to walk after seeing the horrified response from critics today.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail. co.uk
edit on 19-11-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To edit title!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Cuckoo Cuckoo!

Alright for some I suppose. In the mean time average Joes like myself are working two jobs! I wonder has he heard that Prince Charles' friend has just killed himself today by jumping in front of a train, due to his recession hit business going under.

These are the folks in power ladies and gentlemen, completely out of touch with the rest of society. Make no mistake this guy's opinion is not just his own, I'm fairly certain there are a few more Tories holding the same sentiments, albeit behind closed doors

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's another article about this character's comments.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I think the thing that really aggravates me about this posh twits words is not that he said them, it is that he THOUGHT them at all ! Dont get me wrong, I hate the very idea of a thought crime, but how can a person who is so clearly a capit-o-fascist get work in a democratic nation? The man is incapable of empathy, incapable of compassion or understanding, and obviously has either never BEEN in dire straights or has forgotten what it feels like . In either case a man who has so drasticaly failed to connect with the nation he serves , should never even have been employed by a modern government!
People who think like this disgusting bigot ought to be removed from ALL positions of political power, and in my veiw, any other position of power. The very idea of persons so utterly hateful of people they believe to be less important than themselves, having ANY say in the affairs of a nation is quite frankly insane! Its no wonder nothing bloody well changes for the better round here, when dusty old farts like that fellow are still allowed to sit in the Lords!
I wonder how well he would do in a debate against the council house tenants who will be evicted from the capital under Conservative-Lib dem plans to cut the housing budget ? I think I have a pretty good idea how he would do actualy. He would get mauled. Either by being on the side of the debate that will always loose in terms of morality (that would be the side who think that money is of greater importance than people) , or by dint of being right next to the very people that he hates, and being unable to keep a lid on his venomous and utterly unjustifiable hatred for those of us who actualy have to worry about bills.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hey Truebit sorry for the late reply! I enjoyed your rant as it was right on the proverbial money!

I wonder how well he would do in a debate against the council house tenants who will be evicted from the capital under Conservative-Lib dem plans to cut the housing budget ? I think I have a pretty good idea how he would do actualy. He would get mauled.

Damn right, and not only for the reasons you mentioned i.e. him publicly embarrassing himself. But also because alot of the working class council house tenants know their business very well, and the bureaucratic bull jobby that comes with it. I suspect Lord Young would go into such a scenario with the arrogance and complacent attitude that he would not need to prepare for the debate. Whether as the tenants would know their stuff, for the simple fact that it is their livelihoods under scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I wonder whoever gave the impression to Young everyone who's unemployed eats with Ivory cutley, gets cauffered in Taxi's everywhere they go. Has Jaguars in their Driveways and 52' LCD TVs in every bedroom.
What a sheltered life he leads, shame he's not in the REAL world and just his little fantasy.

new topics

top topics

join