It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1 found in Hong Kong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
healthland.time.com...

Please take a look at this link. Seems someone has come down with bird flu for the first time in 7 years! Is this going to be the one?

If there are virulogists or docs out there that can comment on this, please do!

As for the rest of us, I suggest we follow this and see where this goes.

Worrisome to say the least!

By the way, this is the first time I have ever started a thread, but this seemed like something we should all pay attention too!
edit on 18-11-2010 by MimiG because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hi there,
i am living in Hong Kong since 7 years, and it is going to be the same as last year's swine flu !
nothing to see here i think. This lady was also 59 years old and probably caught it somewhere in mainland china.
these stories are getting to much attention. Sure there is a thread out there about a killer virus ot what ever,
but even the swine flu which we all witnessed....nothing came of it and it affected only already weak people.
Bad enough sure, but as some other people also say, is now suddenly all Bird Flu, Swine flu ????
where are the normal seasonal flu's ????

I honestly do not think this will lead anywhere and if, then it is just an other well used incident to keep the people
busy and not think about something else .....

cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't think being older has any bearing in this report. I believe the issue is that this is the first time H5N1 has been found in 7 years. My thoughts are that if this were to combine with H1N1 there would be a world of hurt out there!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is interesting. I would not worry at this point, but it is always good to keep a watchful eye. Questions I would have concerning this would be along the lines of where she got it, and if it was contained or not.
H5N1 has a much higher mortality rate than H1N1 does, and I would go so far as to say that it actually could pose a very real threat if it does mutate.
The problem today is somewhat akin to "The Boy who Cried Wolf." If the media and government continue to cause ludicrous amounts of anxiety over every new mutation or disease we detect, when a real threat comes along people will not prepare.

I personally believe that the amount of new dangerous things in our world has not increased significantly. Instead, I would like to propose that our awareness and ability to discover these things has expanded.
Worrying is for the birds....
edit on 18-11-2010 by Negotium of Verum because: birds

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh deep joy - something else to worry about! Sales of prozac will go up
Maybe a downside of the internet - we get to know just how MUCH there is to worry about!

But worry won't change a thing except ruin the life we have now, while cool, calm contemplation and planning will help us make the best of it - should the S H T F.

Of course you realise that there is one condition that is 100% fatal in all cases - it's called 'being alive'.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

A star for you.

Why worry about the inevitable?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basel77
Hi there,
i am living in Hong Kong since 7 years, and it is going to be the same as last year's swine flu !
nothing to see here i think. This lady was also 59 years old and probably caught it somewhere in mainland china.
these stories are getting to much attention. Sure there is a thread out there about a killer virus ot what ever,
but even the swine flu which we all witnessed....nothing came of it and it affected only already weak people.
Bad enough sure, but as some other people also say, is now suddenly all Bird Flu, Swine flu ????
where are the normal seasonal flu's ????

I honestly do not think this will lead anywhere and if, then it is just an other well used incident to keep the people
busy and not think about something else .....

cheers

yes, my friend from japan asked me about it. mo mon tie!

no big deal here. not like sars, just being cautious.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Caution is great, just something we should all keep an eye on!

new topics

top topics

join