It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest warrant issued for WikiLeaks founder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Arrest warrant issued for WikiLeaks founder

www.thelocal.se

Swedish prosecutors submitted the request for the remand order to the Stockholm District Court earlier on Thursday.

"It has been decided that he be detained in absentia," Alan Camitz, a Stockholm district court judge on the case, told AFP.

Prosecutor Marianne Ny, who had requested the detention earlier Thursday, meanwhile said an international arrest warrant would soon be issued for the founder of the whistleblower website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So once again, another arrest warrant has been issued for Assange. Assange was issued a warrant few months back on rape charges, but they were dropped hours later. Now, the case has re-opened.

Assange had been detained in his absence "on probable cause suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion," she said in a statement, adding that "to execute the court's decision, the next step is to issue an international arrest warrant."

www.thelocal.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Playing the victim card again eh?

How utterly predictable, and pathetic.

Carry on.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Sorry, who are you referring to as playing the victim?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Can we get that code for the "insurance" now?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Our client has always maintained his innocence. The allegations against him are false and without basis. As a result of these false allegations and bizarre legal interpretations our client now has his name and reputation besmirched. Thousands of news articles and 3.6million web pages now contain his name and the word “rape”. Indeed, three out of four webpages that mention Mr. Assange’s name also now mention the word “rape”—a direct result of incompetent and malicious behavior by Swedish government prosecutors. My client is now in the extraordinary position that, despite his innocence, and despite never having been charged, and despite never receiving a single piece of paper about the allegations against him, one in ten Internet references to the word “rape” also include his name. Every day that this flawed investigation continues the damages to his reputation are compounded.

Source
I really don't see this smear campaign taking ultimate precedence over WL, but damned if there aren't people insecure and gossipy because of it.
edit on 18-11-2010 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff

As much as I would like to have that code myself, I would prefer for the code only to be released when Assange dies of a natural peaceful death.

Nothing is worth anything if a human being has to die.

Julian, WL, members of HAR and other clans/conference members; are more useful to the public alive, than dead. I would like to see them live, you don't get it, it's not just Julian, there are groups of hackers out there that we the people need and need to protect as they are exactly what us civi's need to keep things on the straightened arrow.

Hackers are VIPs in this war against terror, that's; the terror of corrupt governments, corrupt military and private corporations.

What J.A. & Co. can do is something more incredible than what Raz0r and Blade did

Let's hope J.A. can get away with these claims, such lies they are.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Originally posted by MGriff

As much as I would like to have that code myself, I would prefer for the code only to be released when Assange dies of a natural peaceful death.

Nothing is worth anything if a human being has to die.

Julian, WL, members of HAR and other clans/conference members; are more useful to the public alive, than dead. I would like to see them live, you don't get it, it's not just Julian, there are groups of hackers out there that we the people need and need to protect as they are exactly what us civi's need to keep things on the straightened arrow.

Hackers are VIPs in this war against terror, that's; the terror of corrupt governments, corrupt military and private corporations.

What J.A. & Co. can do is something more incredible than what Raz0r and Blade did

Let's hope J.A. can get away with these claims, such lies they are.

I suppose my comment was a poor attempt at humor. I don't want the man to die, that information isn't worth it to me either. I was making the vague relation that an attempted killing his character and credibility should be grounds for the release of the insurance file.
edit on 20-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry didnt see this up already. Mods ill leave a note on my post for it to be taken down.

Taken from my thread.

"This reminds me of a film. When someone gets just a tad bit too close to the truth for comfort the powers that be come along and discredit you. Personally i don't buy it...

This man is obviosuly in amongst the thick of things and I am sure he was about to go public with something that would expose TPTB and their agenda.

TPTB Suck!!"
edit on 20-11-2010 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

top topics

join