It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian Answers to the Gay Issue...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
And I'm sorry but Homosexuality is as wrong as Beastiality. Both are lifestyle choces under your definition, and you are correct, Sin is a lifestyle choice too

Homosexuality is two consenting adults.
Beastiality is an animal that cant say "no".

Nothing like each other.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Both are degenerate sexual acts. And yes I do have the right to base my decisions on what is right and wrong on what the bible tells me. just as you have the right to decide based on what the DNC tells you.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well spoken, Shidge

MWM,

Another important point here I believe is the "nunya" principal.

It is simply nunya business what other people do in the privacy of their homes. Stop judging everybody else and take a look in the mirror and consider a little personal growth and change towards the only person on this planet that you can change or order how to live. That would be Yourself, my friend.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
But thats the whole point its not what they do in ther homes that bothers me. what bothers me is when popular political belief requires me to accept thier lifestyle by attempting to give them Marriage rights. Its when being P.C. means I have to accept that a gay couple have the right to adopt. I'm not the one saying homosexuals can't have kids thier sexual orientation is. two men or two women can not procreate thats a simple biological fact. So if nature itself states that these individuals are not fit to be parents why is it wrong for the government to say it? I don't have a problem with homosexuals, I think that thier lifestyle is wrong but its thier choice not mine and they have the right to live thier lives anyway they see fit. However that does not mean that they have the right to impose thier views on me or anyone else. And regardless of how unP.C. it may be I dont beleve sexual deviants should be allowed to raise chldren.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
By your logic, infertile couples should not be allowed to adopt either.
Or single parents.
Or any of those who are unable to/unwilling to have children themselves.

After all, nature has stated that they are "unfit", right?

I don't have a problem with homosexuals, I think that thier lifestyle is wrong but its thier choice not mine and they have the right to live thier lives anyway they see fit.

What a lovely lovely double standard, eh?

They can live their life anyway they want, yeah sure, BUT I just dont want them marrying or adopting children or anything else that remotely involves me or anyone I know. But other than that, live and let live!

Also, by asking to have marriage rights, we arent saying "HEY! EVERYONE GET GAY WITH IT! Comeon!" we are just saying "Give us the same rights you have." How will that at ALL belittle your weddings? As the you and your bride are cutting the cake, would you think to yourself "Gosh, I just can go through with this knowing that, ew, gay couples have cut cakes like this before! How disturbing and terrible!!!!" How can it do any more damage than the 50%+ divorce rate has already done? You say its in the bible? Arguements against interracial marriages can also be found in your bible, so you against that too? Lets not pick and choose here, shall we?

Live what you preach, sir
Let us live our life, free from your impositions.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
And I'm sorry but Homosexuality is as wrong as Beastiality. Both are lifestyle choces under your definition, and you are correct, Sin is a lifestyle choice too

That is so wrong and I must correct you. Since when do people go one the social chain; heterosexuality and then homosexuality and bestiality? Homosexuality and bestiality are not comparable. What your saying doesn't even make any sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Shidge the difference is that for heterosexual couple the abillty to concieve is the norm, not the exception. However there has never been a situation where two men or two wmen without a third party ( sperm donor, surrogate mother etc.) have ever born a child. Also don't put words in my mouth, I have no problems with civil unions, with death benefits or shared property for life mates or any of the other rights OF marrage being conferred upon monogamous homosexual partners. The problem arises when I am forced to accept that civil union under the title of Marriage. Both homosexuality and beastiality are sexual deviations. A deviation is defined as a depature from the norm. The fact is that heterosexuality is the norm in America therfore both acts are rightly classified as deviant. As to rising chldren how can we expect a child raised n a homosexual household to have any conception or understanding of a normal sexual relationship if that child has never been exposed to one?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I fail to see how a gay couple raising a child would at all be detrimnetal to it.
In studys looking at the amount of children of gay couples who turn out gay, the percentage is equal (with like .02 diff) to that of the chidlren of straight couples. So how are they at a disadvantage? (I can already see you talking about "They will have a warped sense of morals" etc.. but you have to realize that you believe that because of your personal morals. And because of my morals, I dont see a problem with it.. So this is something that is unarguable between us
)

If the only problem you have with gay marriage is the word "marriage" then you are a very strange case indeed lol. (Just for the record,I dont really agree with gay marriage. Cant really explain why, just dont. BUT, someone has to play "the devils advocate" and it always turns out to be me hehe)

About the children not knowing what a 'normal sexual relationship" is because they have never been "exposed" to one.. Well.. The children should NEVER be exposed to the SEXUAL relationship. If you are talking about the kids dont know how men and women should act in relationships, that is a fallacy. One of my friends at school has lesbian parents, and he has had healthy (probably more so than the majority of guys at my school) relationships with girls. He has 0 problems with it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join