It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My views on Zecharia Sitchin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by dontreally

Mircea Eliade (Romanian pronunciation: [ˈmirt​͡ʃe̯a eliˈade]; March 13 [O.S. February 28] 1907 – April 22, 1986) was a Romanian historian of religion, fiction writer, philosopher, and professor at the University of Chicago. He was a leading interpreter of religious experience, who established paradigms in religious studies that persist to this day. His theory that hierophanies form the basis of religion, splitting the human experience of reality into sacred and profane space and time, has proved influential.[1] One of his most influential contributions to religious studies was his theory of Eternal Return, which holds that myths and rituals do not simply commemorate hierophanies, but, at least to the minds of the religious, actually participate in them. In academia, the Eternal Return has become one of the most widely accepted ways of understanding the purpose of myth and ritual.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is some information on Mircea Eliade, sorry I have the University wrong, it was Chicago not Illinois, he has written some amazing books, I only have one but maybe will check out his other writings.

Have you read Erich Neumanns 'history and origin of consciousness'?

Probably one of the most interesting books ive read on ancient myth, in light of psychology (or more, so in the terms of modern psychology, seeing these myths were fully understood by the high cultures as being allegory)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It is interesting that you should mention this book, I happen to have it in my library but sadly haven't read it, you don't want to know how many books I own, there never seems to be enough time to get to all them, I have been distracted the past few years on the Gnostic's and doing a lot of reading and research on them, there is a great book by John Lamb Lash called Not In His Image: A Gnostic Legacy, check out his website.

metahistory.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

It is interesting that you should mention this book, I happen to have it in my library but sadly haven't read it, you don't want to know how many books I own, there never seems to be enough time to get to all them, I have been distracted the past few years on the Gnostic's and doing a lot of reading and research on them, there is a great book by John Lamb Lash called Not In His Image: A Gnostic Legacy, check out his website.

metahistory.org...

I will check it out. I was sorta amused by the image of a Grey alien. I always suspected that they were in truth a modern 'fairy' or troll, made to accomodate modern mans secular understanding of reality. However, 98% of people take the metaphor, for truth. Cant blame them though, when the authors backing up these theories try to sell them off as literal (this is especially bad with UFO cults who believe in alien races, etc. I believe it was Crowley or maybe HG Wells who first depicted these 'beings' in their current form.. Whats really occurring is that the archetype has taken on a more modern visage - of an alien. This is also why so many 'alien' encounters are spoken of in the exact same sense as 'demonic encounters' which earlier generations experienced, as demonic forms different from todays popular grey alien image. And instead of being probed, they were molested in some other manner.

I wonder why people dont put two and two together. Maybe because they read a David Icke book and think theyve learned everything there is to know about the universe.

I had a pretty fantastic sci-fi dream back in the summer that left me completely exhausted, that when i woke up in the night my thyroid was hurting me and i felt completely warn out. The dream was remarkably vivid and i remembered most of what happened and recorded it in my journal. It involved "ufos" but i interpreted them in light of my knowledge of symbolism. I was brought to the 'shore' (the edge of consciousness) led by another person, who i interpreted as my higher self (guardian angel etc). That was the 'edge' of the physical, since land is associated with consciousness, the ocean is associated with the unconscious, or spiritual realms. When i got there my guide left, and he was replaced by a orb from the sky which lowered down. I was immideately 'sucked' up through a beam and entered the ship. The men in the ship were human and they brought through the universe. What i saw was especialy amazing. I saw a solar system galaxy that paralled the order seen in the sefirot - tree of life diagram. It was as if i was being shown the spiritual worlds through the imagery of outer space. I had a series of conversations about their nature and i lef the ship to look closer, but i cant remember exactly what i had learned. I know i was instructed on what i saw, but i simply cant remember.

Anyways. Thats just an experience i had awhile back that i still think about from time to time. An example of how 'alien' experiences are no more than a spiritual experience, which at times can be projected physically on the person (just as a christian mystic can sometimes experiences the universal monad as 'stigmata' recieving the same marks that jesus experienced while on the cross), or so many other cases of demonic possession where the person is actually physically violated by a spirit. In a moral spiritual sense, the demonic archetype in itself can only nestle on people who are spiritually defiled. So, if youve done evil things, or are in the habit of being guided by your lower nature, youre certainly a prospect of demonic encounter.

My Dad has always told me a story about his time when he lived in Madeira (a portuguese island off the coast of morocco). he lived in a large house with a big property for a few years when he was 11. While there he repeatedly experienced a poltergeist of some sort. The house itself was cursed. During the night all the chairs of the kitchen would be flung against the wall and all the plates and cups would be thrown out of their cubbards. This would wake the entire family up and you could imagine how terrifying that would be. This culminated on one night when my grandama was sleeping, her bed rattled. She was awakened by it and when she became fully aware the bed lifted straight up into the air, smacked the ceiling and was brought down to the floor, with this up and down repeating itself 2 or 3 times. She was PETRIFIED. Can you imagine that?
edit on 18-11-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join