It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.T.S.A. for Addicts!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not getting any work done! I'm driven to post! I can't stay away from this site! I need a 12 step program!

So I propose a new area of ATS for Above Top Secret Anonymous! I'm even embarrassed to admit the above.

Perhaps members can support each other - get 'sponsors' who will help them get this ATS monkey off their backs!

It's a compulsion! It's an addiction! AWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww!

HELP!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The first step is to admit you have a problem.

The second step is to hell with it, just read and post.

The third step is get a good divorce lawyer so she doesn't get the computer.

The rest are irrellevent.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm not getting any work done either!

It's turned into an ATS sickness
I just can't get 'enough'!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You know , there is no cure for this ailment. I've been here for nine months now and it's just got worse. I think there have been several support threads started around the board, but the problem is that no one seems to want to be cured. You just have to accept that this is the way your life will be from now on.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
About half a year ago or so, I was able to stay away from ATS for 3 days very easilly.

I just tried to stay way from ATS several days ago. My goal was 3 days and I achieved only six hours.

It gets worse with time. Repent now

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What can I say, my husband is starting to seriously believe that I have been brainwash, but that is ok, when I come out with news that has not been on tv yet, he looks at me funny.

The first thing I do in the morning is get up turn the computer get some coffee and sit for hours, yes I am addicted, and I love it.

But I have to go back to work in the fall, (I think............) and I will getting into ATS from work

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Lol same here,

I used to go to bed sooo early before i found ATS land,
Now im dragging myself of the computer at 3am,

Lol you got problems when you start dreaming of peoples avatars,
lol

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
*stands* My name is Dan......*sighs* i have a problem

asala keeps stalking me, if she likes me that much she only has to ask
lol *dances around to the sound Insane Clown Posse* mmmm vodka

*kisses everyone in the room*

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
hi everybody my name is quadricle, my friends call me quad.

I've been an ATS junkie for the past month now and I'm out of control

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's good to know I'm not *alone*!

I keep comin' back for mo' - that's all I know... I'm almost p*ssed when I don't see any new predictions every hour on the hour! Where are all the psychics, man? How 'bout some new *meat* to sink our teeth into?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlespy Where are all the psychics, man? How 'bout some new *meat* to sink our teeth into?

Chill man, we're here. Gotta pick your battlefields.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ive got a plan! I based it off of weight watchers...here we go.

Take a look at your post number you make per day on average. This is the problem. Once youknow your problem, we can work toward a solution....together!

Limit your posts to half the number of your average posts daily (edits count as another post!!!). Keep counting!

After one week- asses! Has your average post daily been struck in half or at least decresed slighty? Good! THis is a victory! Now coninue to aim for half until you, and your non ATS colleugues, believe you are in a healthy range. keep with it!

FEEL THE BURN!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlespy
I'm almost p*ssed when I don't see any new predictions every hour on the hour! Where are all the psychics, man? How 'bout some new *meat* to sink our teeth into?

This is how I feel, but about the writers! Im addicted to just sitting here WAITING for somebody to start writing again! im so frazzled!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hi everbody. I'm Ben and I have a problem.

Before ATS, I was a promising student; full of...promise and such. I had scholarships coming every which way, I was sure to succeed, I would have a family...a life...and then I made the fatal error. Clicking a alluring link "Deny Ignorance", my life changed.

*sigh*

That's me. Ben. And I am addicted. To ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
...me, too.
But, I've learned my limitations *cough, cough* somewhat. My husband wondered what I could possible be doing on the PC soooooo long. My retort is there's nothing on tv anyhow. I think he wanted me to suffer watching inane and asinine programs WITH him.
My solution: vidoes. This way we are wathing a movie now and again together.

**please don't tell him about the even more evil chat**
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I found out a way to keep off the ATS boards.
Crash your hard drive.

I was kept away for over 2 weeks when my HDD failed. But as soon as I got the new one, I was back.

I don't think theres any hope for any of us.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Pisky, bad idea. I think I'll just deal with the affliction.
I won't even type the words of what happened to you. Isn't there a Pixie charm to ward off that happening

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately theres not a pixy charm to stop some obnoxious little git kicking the computer and damaging the HDD, which is what happened to me.
However the comment 'Kick that again and I'll kick you' seems to be working now - plus the fact that I have moved the desk to a safer place.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hey!/

Rehab is for quitters you lot, long live the back breaking, eye-straining world of ATS!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I am bored, unemployed, and lazy not addicted. Waves, money, and booty motivates me to loose the ly disease. Not having any of that tonight so Im back to boredom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join