It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i walk through a portal ???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok this is going to sound straight out of a book or movie but its not. I just want to make clear that this was the only time this had happened to me and I have no reason to make this up. you’d have to be a real loser to make this up just for attention…so let me get started…

I was probably around 7 years old. I’m 24 now yet I still remember it as clear as day. I was playing around in my grandmother’s backyard here in Queens, New York when my handball bounced way far back and into the bushes that lined the back wall of the yard. I ran over there not thinking of anything other than just getting the ball and going back to business as usual But as I got closer it looked like there was a heat wave in front of a small portion of the bushes. I remember thinking that it was just that a heat wave even though it was spring and not really hot enough but I was a kid so I didn’t pay to much mind to that. As I got closer it seemed to have a shimmer to it. Mind you that you could see right through it though everything behind it was distorted just like a heat wave would do. I was able to see where the ball was but the only way to get behind the bushes to where it was at was to go through this “heat wave” I decided to place my hand in it just to test it out.

I felt nothing…well I believe I felt nothing. So I just went marching on through it. That’s when things got a little strange. I felt like a vibration/hum all over my body and my eyes were closed this lasted for a split second it was like an extremely weird sneeze just without the blowing out. Now mind you it was around mid afternoon and bright outside yet when I stepped through it was dark as hell and I felt like I was in a forest at night. I looked around and saw very strange things like florescent bugs and plants. I remember specifically seeing mushrooms and a large snail like thing. But there was a lot going on just like a forest here.

Imagine it like this taking green construction paper cutting it into grass and shrubs and doing the same for insects with different colors and then placing it over black construction paper as the back round. That’s what the effect looked like. Very dark yet you could make everything out in detail. I was scared as hell to say the least. I was in shock and awe. Then I heard something big start to move in my direction and noises I had never heard before. So I did what any kid would of done I ran the same direction I came in. I was immediately back in my grandmother’s back yard and extremely confused. Standing way far back from the bushes. I looked to where I’d seen the ball and to my surprise it was gone. Its absence gave me such an eerie feeling that I just ran inside the house. I never told anyone.

Ok now you guys can blast me and call me crazy and a fake. Even though it won’ phase me. I’ just trying to get some insight on the matter and also see if anyone has ever experienced something similar.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Very interesting experience. You could of course had something go wrong with the brain but I am inclined to think what you saw and felt really happened. Many strange things happen to people and like you I think we don't tell anyone and don't talk about it as we know for a fact even people who love us and trust us, will either believe we have a physical brain problem or are mentally ill.
I found a website once where people shared these stories and you could really get a feel for those who were telling you something that really happened to them, there were a lot. wish i knew where i had found it. Many of them described momentarily being somewhere else also..somewhere either not here or another era of here.
My first "odd" experience was when I was between 3 and 4 years old. I walked out of my home where i had a mother, father and 3 older brothers and sisters. Suddenly I just froze and a strange feeling like fear and awe came over me, I looked around me and said outloud.."I don't belong here". I felt like this place and me being here was all wrong, It was gone in a moment but was such a strong feeling that I can never forget it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've never actually heard a real story of somebody stepping i a portal of any sorts like that, I'm not going to say I don't believe your story because I kind of do, it seems likely to happen. Although, you were seven years old and it could have even been your imagination, but to imagine something like that is unlikely as well....
I look forward to the responses, I wish I could say more but I really don't know anything about holes and everything...
edit on 17-11-2010 by GraveDigger because: fixed a few words

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Your story reminds me of the show Sliders, it is possible you slipped through a portal ,or you had a wild imagination as a child, only you know the truth.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very interesting account, thanks for posting it

I have a question - when you talk about the forest and describe it by talking of construction paper, do you mean to say that it looked artificial somehow - say cartoon-like, or did it appear natural but that the colours were vivid and the different features more strongly defined than you might expect as if caused by some quality of light there?
edit on 17-11-2010 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Traveler

I tend to believe you. Either you are a master of human psychology or your words are the truth (and even so, that doesn't mean you didn't imagine it). I want to ask, did you notice any other difference when you came back, other than the missing ball I mean. You've probably wondered yourself if you came back to a different universe...so have you noticed anything weird that might suggest this is a different universe?

edit on 17-11-2010 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe the wavy lines were a gas leak and you were hallucinating?

Otherwise thats a REALLY scary experience for 7 yr old to have, and also to keep to themselves and not wanting to show anyone else what happened.
edit on 17-11-2010 by vqsnapp because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey, its a cool memory you got there

But couldn't it be that you have been mixing memories together?

Like, I had this very vivid memory, of me standing in a garden, and there was a gateway thing, and I looked at the gate and I saw this massive white castle.

Of course , I knew it didn't happen, so I tried to find out what it was... I found out that it was just a scene from a kids TV show, which I saw as a kid, and then another memory mixed up with it.. I still remember it as a vivid dream and I even still get a warm fictional sensation in my body, becouse it's such a good memory, and it really felt like a punch in my body when I saw the clip in real life, which didn't look as nice as my vivid memory.

Couldent it be a memory? All people tend to make memories better, than they actually are. Like if you saw a movie as kid, and you remember the movie to be THE BEST MOVIE EVER, with the best graphic, and then I see it again... Woah I hate it everytime

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Interesting experience.

I do remember when I was very young, some strange things happening to me, but I was about four or five then.

Nowadays, I tend to think of them as dreams which I couldn't distinguish from reality at the time, even though now, forty five or so years later, they still seem as real as they ever did.
I suppose it's just my way of trying to rationalise things otherwise unexplainable.

Do you think something similar could have happened in your case?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illegal Alien
Interesting experience.

I do remember when I was very young, some strange things happening to me, but I was about four or five then.

Nowadays, I tend to think of them as dreams which I couldn't distinguish from reality at the time, even though now, forty five or so years later, they still seem as real as they ever did.
I suppose it's just my way of trying to rationalise things otherwise unexplainable.

Do you think something similar could have happened in your case?

Or this really did happen to you and we natuaraly deny even to ourselves when things do not fit into the reality we are taught to believe in.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Your experience sounds facinating. Makes me wonder what your life might have been like if you either a) hung around long enough to face the loud noise coming for you or b) ran into the darkness and lived out your life in another dimension/universe.

I have a similar story except it didnt happen to me. Unfortuantly i havent been lucky enough to experience something like that

My Grandmother-in-law grew up in England. She has always kept an open mind on most things but is very grounded and borderline skeptical when it comes to aliens/ufo's/ghosts etc. Except for one thing. She has told me this story a few times now, in the exact same amount of detail and recollection years apart which says to me she couldnt have made it up or she'd miss parts or add in things. Also the fact that lying and decieving is a mortal sin for most folks from the old school.

This is her story. She was about 9 or 10 at the time.

Every day she would walk the same route home from school. Along her journey she walked down an alley way which had small shops along the right side and old, run down buildings along the left. Halfway down the alley way was an abandoned propety, half demolished and left to slowly decay over the years. There was a rusty old gate which she used to open to cross the property and reach the next lane over then continue on home. She did this every day for as long as she could remember.

One afternoon she took her usual route home but when she got to the abandoned property instead of an old rusty gate, there was a brand new wooden door with a gold handle and hinges. She stood there for a few moments wondering why anyone would bother to replace an old rusty gate with a beautiful new door on an abandoned property. Giving up on trying to figure it out she turned the handle and walked through the door.

Her tired old eyes light up when she describes finding herself walking along a beautiful white sandy beach with the ocean gently rolling in on a warm summers day. She remebers the smell of salt and crisp tropical air, the wind in her hair and the hot sand between her toes. She almost doesnt notice the massive wreck of an old ship near by. Further down the beach were more shipwrecks. Leaving her shoes and socks at the door she runs up to the nearest ship and begins to climb it. A sharp sea barnacle on the hull cuts her toe as she climbs. An overwealming feeling that she wanted to stay there forever began to come over her. She snapps out of it as she realises her family must be expecting her home by now and she had better get going before she really is trapped in this strange yet beautiful place. She climbs down and finds her shoes and the door. Taking one last look she steps though the door and she's back in the old abandoned property under a grey sky near on dark.

On arriving home she tells her mother what happened but gets told she only imagined it and to cut out the silly nonsense. She shows her mother her cut toe as evidence but gets told off for getting hurt playing in that old abandoned property. That was over 60 years ago but she still remembers it like it was only yesterday.

I dont doubt a word of it. She isnt the type to make up anything - ever. It's just not in her nature. Why would she make something like that up?

I find it interesting that things like this happens to people when they are young. Maybe because whoever lures these people into these portals knows no one will believe their stories. Maybe its all an induced dream while their sleeping bodies are tested or examined. Who knows. In this world anything is possile!

Btw, Sliders was an awesome show! Watched almost every episode! Funny how they always seemed to loose or break their 'remote' but fix or find it only seconds before the portal closed. Great show.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Interesting story. My question: When you were on the "other side", was the gaseous/heatwave thing visible? You say you just ran back the way you came and ended back up in the garden. Now I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, but the only part of it that doesn't make sense to me is no "visible" portal on the other side. But who am I to know if it would even be visible in a distant universe

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Very interesting...never heard anything like it before...thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
These stories are fantastic. Wormholes are amazing things, and they seem to change location and open up in places they never were before and never will be again. Consider yourself blessed! OP if you are an artist of any sort you should try to draw or paint the dimension that you saw, it may help you remember some more details that are fuzzy. I am a regression hypnotherapist and have my clients use this method to help them remember details.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

hey! that website you mentioned....do you remember anything about the name? i love reading about this stuff and would love to check it out. if you remember ANYTHING please tell me so i can look for it!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Is been said that childs are more of an atracction to strange phenomena from imaginary friends to monsters in the closet.theres no doubt things can happend unger the rigth conditions.One of the reasons kids are more like a beacon is because their clear brain waves.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Considering your age at the time, I am going to vote that it’s a very vivid dream that you are now recalling as something that really happened. Believe it or not it’s a pretty common occurrence. I used to have such vivid dreams when I was younger that sometimes I would have a hard time remembering if it was something I had dreamt or something that really happened. To this day some of those dreams, which I can still recall, seem just as real and any other actual waking memory.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Wow I mean just wow!!! Just when I was bored! Excellent story and I do beleive you!!!!
S&F!
I'll tell you why I beleive you, it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland a lot. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Lewis Caroll didn't have the vey same experience. They say you write what you know.
Fantastic. I am so jealous, it sounds so amazing!
I am a true believer in the parallel worlds/ alternate realities theories. I really do beleive they exist and always wished I could go to a place like you described! I also think soemtimes, things like portals can and do open, I wish there were a study on it and some kind of way to know when/where one would appear at any given time!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i think our world is made up of different dimensions, CERN are looking into this as well, but i believe that all over the world there are doorways, which are invisible, that we can pass through, i dont think that we are alone on earth, not in the sense of aliens, although what are in these other dimensions may seem alien to us.

also we dont use all of our brain capacity why that is , is unclear but i feel that we can have moments of pure enlightenment, when the other parts of our brains that we dont use, gear up for a moment, giving us the ability to see other things, other dimensions, this could be what happened.

i believe that what u saw was real, and in a year or so we will have CERN tell us if in fact these other dimensions exist, personally i believe there is, things of wonder all around us that we cant physically see because our brain hasnt evolved enough.

great story and thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That’ exactly what i thought when i got older and really thought about it. I figured that it could have been my imagination or my brain released '___' somehow during waking rather than asleep. I wish you could remember that web site. sounds interesting and insightful. The feeling you had in your experience is exactly how I felt in mine that I didn’t belong there. I felt alienated. Who knows though I’ve read stories about crazier things happening with these situations where a cloud or fog would be seen engulfing the person and then they’re somewhere else or that exact spot but in an altered realm. This world never stops amazing me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join