It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Epic of Gilgamesh code.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even though this is the first story written, only a few people have heard of it and fewer people have read it. It is about precession and there is a lot of symbolism connected with it. If any of the Planet X believers have read this story they would have seen that Gilgamesh was a giant as well, but not a space alien one, he was a giant descended from a lost civilisation.

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would like to contribute to the thread and help you explain Gilgamesh. The story that influenced Noah's Ark and countless others.
Gilgamesh
The Epic of Gilgamesh
Epic of Gilgamesh story
The Epic of Gilgamesh
Squashed the epic of gilgamesh
Gilgamesh tomb believed found
Gilgamesh
More Gilgamesh
Even more gilgamesh

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
Even though this is the first story written, only a few people have heard of it and fewer people have read it. It is about precession and there is a lot of symbolism connected with it.

Thank you for creating this topic. I am a fan of the Epic of Gilgamesh and relish any opportunity to discuss it.

You are right, there is a lot of symbolism connected but I think your link draws the wrong conclusions. Too much there to go into here; I'll instead focus on what is relevant to our conversation

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
If any of the Planet X believers have read this story they would have seen that Gilgamesh was a giant as well, but not a space alien one, he was a giant descended from a lost civilisation.

Was Gilgamesh a giant? Doubtful. Look at how he and Enkidu are described in the standard version of the Epic. Their height changes depending on the circumstance. Both Enkidu and Gilgamesh are small enough to have sex with human women, then are alternatively described as being twice as tall as a man, taller than the city walls, then large enough to not be swallowed by a hole that consumes one-hundred men. Their gigantism is more likely an artistic license than a true description of the men.

Was he a descendant of a lost civilization? Not in the way your link argues. The Deluge story was added to the standard version of the Epic from the Epic of Atra-Hasis. Utnapishtim and Atra-Hasis are one in the same. In arguing that Utnapishtim/Atra-Hasis was from a lost civilization, your link ignores what the Epic of Gilgamesh, Epic of Atra-Hasis and the Sumerian kings lists tells us, that Atra-Hasis was from Shurrupak.

join