It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male star leads field hockey team. Is he an unfair edge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Maybe the school doesn't offer a male field hockey team?

Well, that's just unfortunate for him.

He could just go and find the nearest men's hockey club, if we wants to play the sport. Or he could attempt to drum up interest in creating a men's team at his school.

Schools are forced to allow girls to be able to play on men teams, so this is fair game in my opinion.

Maybe if more guys did crap like this then we won't have to worry about spending school money on seperate football locker rooms for girls.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Schools are forced to allow girls to be able to play on men teams, so this is fair game in my opinion.

Maybe if more guys did crap like this then we won't have to worry about spending school money on seperate football locker rooms for girls.

There's a clear difference.

Men, on average, are superior to women at sports.
If there is a talented sportswoman, then she is gaining no unfair advantage by playing on a men's team. Even if she's very good, she will still only be about the quality of an average male player.

An average male sportsman playing on a woman's team, will be head and shoulders above the female opposition that he encounters. This is why it's unfair.

From the article, it seems like this German boy is a pretty decent hockey player, and is giving his team a hugely unfair advantage over the rest of the girls that they play against.

It may be in the rules, but any success is a pretty hollow achievement, both for himself and his team.

I would feel rather embarrassed if I was tearing apart a defence made up of a bunch of girls.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Guy's a genius.

Gets to hang out with pretty fit girls all of the time as well as being the leading scorer on the team.
It's like "the Waterboy" but instead it's just The"Boy"
Let's hear it for a more equal society.

You out there playin the foossball with all them pretty girls?
Girls is the Devil!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join