It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T announce Isis, a mobile contactless payment network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Isis, the beginning of all things according to egyptian mythology, has graciously lent her monicker to a new joint venture. At&t, Verizon and T-Mobile today announced a plan to eliminate the need for cash, credit and debit cards, or even loyalty cards and travel voucher. Isis, part of a bigger secret call Project Mercury, is set to launch in 18 months

Link

Interested to know what the masses here at ats think about 3 of the biggest communication companies in the world partnering to usher in a completely cashless society...with mobile phones, no less. I am not a christian, not even religious for that matter, but I was raised in a home that believed strongly in bible prophecy and "end-times" predictions.

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
S&F for you, stumbled across this thread googling something else on ats.
You shouldve gotten more responses for this.
It all comes together, makes more and more sense doesnt it

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This will become a new standard.

The smartphone will become your life. It will be your wallet, your ID, your keys, your access to the web, your mobile office, etc. They will monitor your health, monitor your location, and if you commit a crime it will call the police...on you!

People without smartphones ten years from now will not be able to function in modern society.

Eventually they will even be implantable.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
One of the reasons i did not get more responses is because i make it a point to NOT shamelessly plug my threads on others threads...but back to the topic at hand...These "big 3," especially AT&T, are the perfect vehicles to usher in a system like this. They have inconspicuosly implanted them selves into the lives of nearly everyone in the US, and in several other countries as well.
As a side note, I happen to be employed by one of the aforementioned companies. One of their new product offerings, (that is already in place in over 3 million homes as of the time of this response), affords them extreme control over individuals. Although I do not have sources to prove it, I know for a fact that there are plans in the works to use the product I am referring to to start "direct marketing campaigns." They plan to monitor what types of channels and shows are watched most, as well as what types of websites are visited most frequently, and use this info to direct advertisements such as mailings, emails, pop ups and even on the fly commercials and banners at the bottom of your tv screen, enticing you to purchase the things they already know you are interested in. Brilliant business model, borderline invasion of privacy, and out right underhanded-ness...in my humblest of opinions.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This already occurring widely. What do you think cookies and search engines are doing with the data they collect?

I opened a brand new, untouched, gmail account. I hadn't given it out or used it to register for a site or anything yet. I was auto logged in when I brought up Google's search page. I had been under a lot of stress and I had developed some bags beneath my eyes. I wanted to search for something I could do to lessen them so that I would not look so tired and stressed out at work, as my job is highly social.

A few days later I gave out that new address to a friend and she sent me some mail. When I went to read the mail I noticed that my untouched, never used for anything email address had 3 emails in the spam box.

When I opened it up to delete them, what did i find?

All three mails had "dark rings under your eyes?" in the heading.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Im seeing that now more than ever on my computer. My daughter was invited to the FreckleFace Strawberry play in nyc. At the time I had no idea what this show was about, after some researching I find out it was based on Julianne Moore's book. This was this past week.

Since then, I see FreckleFace Strawberry ads on ats among other sites I frequent every day now since i haven't cleared my cookies, cache, etc

I find it Creepy.

top topics

join