It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Forum Suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have a thought if a mod is watching/listening. I know that I spend most of my time on ATS on the new topics tab. I watch as new topics come up and check in on the ones that I am interested in. It seems like the average life span of any given new topic on the new topic page is about an hour. Then if it gets enough flags or stars its life of exposure on ATS is extended by a day or so.

I would like to propose we split the new topic bar into two new topic bars... kind of like a preferred bar and a standard bar. When merited the mods and only the mods would move a good informative new topic into the preferred new topic bar. This would keep the good posts on the new topic page longer and keep them from getting drowned out by the deluge of new topics that normally stream across the page recycling every hour.

I know there is currently the star and flag system for sorting out the good posts from the bad… however I sometimes think that some good posts don’t get the shelf life they deserve while sensationalized posts by time traveling monks and doom swilling prophets get flagged and starred for sheer entertainment value.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I really like this idea.

If I could do something about it personally I most definitely would, great idea.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I love threads by time traveling monks and doom swilling prophets.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I believe a very important thread would be one regarding the Electric Universe. This theory has been confirmed by recent observations and will turn the world upside down, litterally! The electric universe is so fundemental to evertything, the paranormal, aincient technology and how it worked, pole shifts, ghosts, the recent incidents of people seemingly going crazy like the french students or the mexicans. The whold 9 yards.

The electric universe theory pulls together everything, and everything becomes clear. Totally incredible.

Essential New Board: The Electric Universe.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes this is a great idea. I am tired of seeing interesting and informative posts being pushed to the back by some of the rediculousness and/or novelties that are posted on the site. The star and flag system can be missleading. As some members star and flag things that they have not personally looked into, resulting in stars being awarded to missinformation and stupidity.
edit on 17-11-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wanted to say, Kudos to ATS for rising to the top of the list of known, respected and acknowledged Web Sites.. CONCRADULATIONS !!

Scott

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Exactly .....

It's like living in a democratic society only to realize the citizens who vote are mentally handicapped........

oh wait.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

reply to post by wisintel

That really wont work out well. See Mods & Admins. are humans and are susceptible to biasness and their "preferred" kind of thread. Lets take an example:

A moderator opposed favoring official story on 9/11 would have highly unlikely view of any new info. that comes out challenging the official story. Such a thread will have extremely low chances of coming into 'Preferred bar'.

I am not "alleging" all moderators will be susceptible to biasness to their own preferred subjects but it is human nature to prefer what they like and have dim view of what they dislike.

The main page of ATS already shows "Top Discussion Forums" maybe based on the amount of traffic and discussion held in each forum:

top topics

join