It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help getting into the Media Center, My Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi, I'm kinda new here, but totally in love with your site. I worked for days to develope my avatar to become more involved and "one of the kids" here at ATS!

Now, I watched Simon's avatar tutorial, and I have gone to the "Pictures" page. It asks me to log in. The page gives me an error, it does'nt recognize me. So, I tried "sign up." It then gives me a "Signup Disabled, try again later." I've come back for 5 days now. Is there another way? What am I doing wrong? HELP!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

Hi eaglewoman,

By saying you're having problems in the media center makes me think you may be in the incorrect location. The correct place for pictures is in your picture gallery. To get there you should click on TOOLS+ from the blue menu at the top of the page, then click pictures from the same location and then click on upload picture from the my picture gallery in the left column. If this is where you already were then I'm unsure of the problem and would suggest you message a moderator for assistance. You can find a list of them near the bottom of this page. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Hello Three_Moons. Thanks for answering my thread. It is my first.

Anyway, I went to "Tools" hit the "Picture" button and it took me to media.abovetopsecret.com. It asks for me to log in there. That's where I am stuck. Will use your link to ask a moderator. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Login in with the same username and password you use to login into the ATS main page.
That should work. You do not need to register.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Tried that. I even logged out and back in again to make sure I was using the right password. So, I am logged into ATS but the media page wants me to log in "to use this feature" but doesn't know me. I'm stuck!

I went to your link. Do I have to post another thread to find a moderator? I posted this in the "Freshmen" forum.

AAWWK!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ok, one other question: did you change your ATS password or are you using the same password that was auto-generated and sent to you when you registered and if you changed it, did you do so before the new 2010 upgrades went into effect? It used to be that the passwords did not link and so if you changed the ATS password, it did not automatically change the media.abovetopsecret password (that had to be done separately) and may still be set to that original password...

I would try this: (presuming the email you used to register is still valid) sign out of ATS and then go to the login page. Request a new password at the ATS login page (pretend you forgot your password) and when it is sent to your email login with that and THEN try logging into the media.abovetopsecret. They should be linked. If it works, you can then change your password back to whatever you want (in your account profile) and it will change for BOTH ATS and Media.

If that is too much trouble to go through (I know it's a hassle) hit the "alert" button on your opening post and send a note to the mods. That's the quickest way.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Having the same problem as the OP, nothing I do gets me into the media center.

I tried the old password, tried changing my password, etc.
And I can't sign up as it's disabled.

Now what?
edit on 10-2-2011 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i am not sure ,but good luck for you

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
bump

Does anyone else have this problem, or know why I am having this problem?

At least I am not totally alone.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if someone fixed this for me or not, but it seems I can sign in now.

If someone fixed this for me thanks, if nobody did, well...thanks for nothing.

Perhaps it was me, stuck in a sign-in brain fart loop?

Don't know.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I am having this same problem... can a Moderator help me? I feel lost

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by misszrnia

I am having this same problem... can a Moderator help me? I feel lost

*embarassed* ...please disregard...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by misszrnia

Did you post the avatar according to the guidelines under the avatar url.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I get the exact same thing and as yet haven't recieved an answer to solve this problem. Still waiting. Password disabled so it won't let me change anything.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

Request for Mod to help us out here please and thank you.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have tried on several occasions to upload pics, unable to do so. I tried the new password to my email, still didn't work. Not sure what's going on, I have never had this kind of trouble before. I finally gave up, but since I saw the topic on the feed, figured I would mention it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Same here. Been here a while, and once in a while I decide to give it another whirl. Same experience as the OP has. Changed the password etc...

Going to "tools", then "pictures" brings me to a login. When the login is complete, I see the same screen again, requesting that I log in. It would be funny were it not so frustrating.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Im having issues too, I wish they had the easy browse files option.

top topics

join