It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's Islam Channel Censured for Guests Advocating Marital Rape

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Agreed. In the UK if a wife accuses a man of assaulting her they WILL arrest him. No question. Domestic violence is a huge issue there and they stamp on it. In many counties the police get no discretion in DV cases either, 'positive action' must be taken. This usually (nearly always) means arrest, even if the wife doesn't want him arrested. This is a fact.
edit on 21-11-2010 by 3finjo because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

No, they won't. If they did, there is a serious failing somewhere. Procedures may differ from force to force but that certainly doesn't happen in this area.

I have been heavily involved around violent relationships, even those with kids.

From what I know, and what I have seen, when the wife goes to the police, the police will advice them to sort out the issue, for example family council etc. Ofcourse the Police will not let her go back home alone to sort out the issue.

The advice is simply an advice, get it? The wife can still go ahead with the charges, and get her husband arrested.

My friend is in prison right now, serving one year for male over female assault.. He smashed his babies mama..

He is serving 6 month of a year.

Guess what, the Mrs still visit him in Prison and still wants to continue the relationship, for the sake of kids, or for the sake of love..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am sorry mate but you are wrong. In the UK the police will NOT tell them to sort it out themselves. I worked heavily in this field in the UK and I know the law (read between the lines). What I said in my post was fact about UK law, not my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I had to comment - despite saying was done - specifically on this post you made. Making no more comment on what I have already stated...

Things like this infuriate me. Your precious mate beat his wife and mother of his child to the point he is serving 6 months and yet she still visits him for the sake of love or the kids?
I would advise her to leave him for the sake of the kids - where does his anger stop? Does he start striking the kids when they don't listen to him?
Weak, cowardly people like this deserve much harsher punishments and should lose the right to be fathers - the kids safety is far more important than some violent idiot who should know better.
How you can feel this is the way to treat the person you love is beyond me - yet you make that statement as though you agree with what is happening as if it proves a point -and that disgusts me.

It says a lot about you that this is still your friend, if a "friend" of mine treated his wife and mother of his child like that i would no longer consider him a friend because that behaviour is despicable.

If I am wrong and you do not agree with this then I apologise please just state that your intention was not to show that his behaviour is ok as people still live normal happy lives - is just that you make the post in the context of saying "look this happens and she still loves him" so perhaps you can clarify that, especially given you made a comment earlier to another poster about how you would turn his face backwards (or words to suggest violent retaliation) if you saw him beating his Wife in public - yet you still condone this behaviour by keeping friends who do just that!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
reply to post by oozyism

I am sorry mate but you are wrong. In the UK the police will NOT tell them to sort it out themselves. I worked heavily in this field in the UK and I know the law (read between the lines). What I said in my post was fact about UK law, not my opinion.

ZZZ, it is not about the law.

Think about it.

Assault is assault, but if the charges are not laid, it is not assault, and the individual can get away with it.

Here in New Zealand, which kinda copies UK laws, the cops almost always says to sort it out first, or in other words, are you sure you want to file charges against your husband, or against your kids dad?

Get it?

The situation is not as simple as you think.

Ofcourse if the wife, or Girlfriend says yes, the cops can't do nothing but to arrest the husband, because that is the law, but they have been around the law long enough to give advice.

The cops have been around the law for a long time, and in my book, they can give legitimate advice.

Some cops are a$$holes, everyone knows that. Been there.
edit on 22-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

New Zealand just like England has a bench drinking culture, you know, mix that with the new rising P culture, and other drugs, domestic violence has boomed.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I live in NZ (am a kiwi) but lived and worked in the UK for many years in the legal industry. This is how it is there: police get called to a loud domestic incident at an address. The call may come from someone in the address or a concerned neighbour or even just someone passing along the street who is concerned. The cops arrive and talk to both parties. As soon as either party makes any indication that an offence has occured ( eg. 'He pushed me over and I fell on the floor', 'she hit me across the face', etc) the police are duty bound to arrest the offender, even if (and this is very common) the partner tells them that they don't want their partner arrested. If it is very minor such as a slight shove and no injuries occur then they may just tell one party to leave for the night. But usually there will be an arrest. In most crimes police have discretion, which means that they can decide to use common sense to resolve things without arrest, but in DV cases in many UK forces this discretion has been removed.

I don't want to keep arguing this point, Oozy as i am talking from experience here, not just venting an opinion. Take my word for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by facchino

New Zealand just like England has a bench drinking culture, you know, mix that with the new rising P culture, and other drugs, domestic violence has boomed.

On this, at least we can agree. Alcohol is a horrid thing that causes most DV cases that i have been involved in.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

There is a huge difference between filing charges and sending your kids father/husband to prison, then getting locked up over night to calm down..

Second line.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oh yeah i agree, and its frustrating to see a woman get beaten by her husband then withdraw her complaint because it almost always happens again. A lot of women withdraw complaint or refuse to make a statement and therefore the case never goes to court.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by joewalker

When the whole of Christianity condones a behaviour that the vast majority of society finds reprehensible? In a word?

Hell yes it would, and does, deserve to be called out on it. Did you think I'd say otherwise?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Assault is assault, but if the charges are not laid, it is not assault, and the individual can get away with it.

This one statement is busting at the seams with a contradiction so big, I can't believe you didn't realize you were saying it.

So what you're saying is an assault is not an assault when no charges are brought against the assailant. If it's not assault, then what is it?

Your words appear to give the illusion that you're anti-violent but it's easy to get through to your underlying tone that you defend the abuse, assault and battery of a wife or any female for that matter.

Besides, assault is the attempt at physical contact. A person doesn't have to strike another person to be charged with assault. They can be charged by only by making an attempt and it's still an assualt whether charges are brought up or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Hell yes it would, and does, deserve to be called out on it. Did you think I'd say otherwise?

No, having lurked these boards for a while now I knew that you, personally, will highlight stupidness.

My comment was aimed as a reminder to those who are trying to infer that Marital Rape and Spousal abuse is somehow unknown in non muslim societies, or that Islam is the only Abrahamic religion which allows women to be seen as subservient to men.

From (un) equal wages to a lack of status and marital rights, all justified by words written fifteen hundred years ago..There are fundamentalists from all the middle eastern cults who would take society back in a heartbeat.
Its gods will ya know.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Anyone who advocates this crap does. What is your point?

Other than it was Sunday when I posted and I was bored.

This thread is about the Islam Channel in the Uk, one of the biggest of such channels on the TV at the moment. If you wanted to do a valid comparison, you should find an example of the BBC or ITV airing a programme advocating beating your wife and raping her.

Rather than comparing mainstream channels wouldnt it be better to compare Pat Robertsons Christian Broadcasting Network? Pat et al have said some equally as interesting things over the years.

Heres one of the quotes which brought OFCOM's wrath, courtesy of Josh Haliday of the Guardian newspaper:

Ofcom ruled that the Islam Channel host Nazreen Nawaz condoned marital rape when she said: "And really the idea that a woman cannot refuse her husband's relations this is not strange to a Muslim because it is part of maintaining that strong marriage. But it shouldn't be such a big problem where the man feels he has to force himself upon the woman."
www.guardian.co.uk...

So not much different to the views expressed by Moss, Schafly and Green then. Except the cult is different of course, christianity being so much bigger in Europe and America.

At any rate, I am not sure why you bring up Christianity as some sort of example to compare.

Its what I know mate. I could compare it against Judaism's treatment of women if you think that would be a better, fairer comparison.

You'll have a hard time finding any church going Christians in the UK these days and only those of a fruity, slightly wierd bent will even be interested anyway

you may think that, I couldnt possibly comment..

edit on 22-11-2010 by joewalker because: spwellings getting worse

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Fake British citizens, you forgot to put in fake.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
Fake British citizens, you forgot to put in fake.

British citizenship is bestowed upon people who are born here, have one or both parents from here, or who qualify by residency.

The only ''fake'' British citizen, would be someone who had claimed British nationality without meeting this criteria.

As much as some people would like it, citizenship is not based upon race or religious and political beliefs.

Sorry about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join