It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Battleground, 1000 years of war in 5 minutes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I thought you folks might enjoy this video posted up on Rense.com today. It covers all the major conflicts in the past 1000 years as you can guess from the title. It is very similar to the nuke testing video which can also be found on YouTube. It has to be said that there has never really been a significant period of peace in the past millennium! Doesn't that just make you feel all warm inside?

We often get posts and threads about the dangers of new battlefronts opening up and how it could lead to the 3rd World War etc, and I know because I often make them. From watching this video it nicely sums up the fact that the world is pretty much constantly at war, of course we all know this to be the case, but when nicely laid out like the this video it is much easier to ingest the scale and magnitude of global conflicts.

War appears to be endemic of human nature, although personally, as I sit and type this, I can't think of anyone I would really love to wage war on and kill...
...Justin Bieber?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
S&F

1000 years!

as Plato supposedly said:

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
AHHA man that was funny.

WW1 was a big boom and i cracked up laughing, then WW2 happened and i cracked up even worse because of how large the booms were. Felt like the whole world was going BOOOM, which will probably happen during WW3... Well that is unless 2012 gets here first ;-P

Actually WW2 contained the biggest booms during war.... Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It didnt seem too bad there for a minute.. but then it exponentually got worse and worse..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
WWI and II were epic.
Also, have anyone noticed how middle east is allways at war ? (And France too)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The video misleads by saying `World Battleground'.

I only see European wars in the first few hundred years.

That alone signals the shallowness of the historical research done, the shallowness is of course needed in order to bring you a video which will make you go "oooh" "aaah" and then stick a misrepresented bit of history in your brains. Just like public schooling does to so many millions.

PS. Lovely how China is entering history, is it not? How coincidental is it?

edit on 15-11-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Agreed. It's very euro-centric.

It's difficult to tell where exactly the wars took place and which wars they were. It's just a convuluted mass of explosions.

Also it gets to 1940 and suddenly seems like every battle from the Second World War is shown at once. For example I saw the words "Siege of Leningrad", which is kind of impossible seen as the Germans didn't invade the Soviet Union until 1941.

So overall, a pretty rubbish video.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Aren't you picky!
Fair point though.

He is off by like a split second there, which unfortunately for him equates to one year making it inaccurate. I think he probably just couldn't fine tune it to get it spot on, as I know from experience movie making software can be fidgety when you get down to that time scale. Also trying to make the titles of each battle visible would be very difficult particularly during WW2, I have no doubt that he has got the big ones in there.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Yeah, I suppose I was quite picky.

The video was interesting, just whoever made it didn't execute it as well as they might have done. But as you said such things can be tricky and I doubt I could do a better job.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
AHHA man that was funny.

Yeah, it's really funny when you think of how many people have died due to these (and other) conflicts.
While it is by no means complete (it misses the New Zealand Wars for example) it is quite sobering and serves to reinforce what an angry bunch of bastards we are.
edit on 15-11-2010 by aorAki because: spelingk

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Well, with all of the nit-picky-nay-sayers... My first thought when it finished was 'they missed alot'. But okay eurocentric true...

But still...

Pretty friggin' cool! Star and Flag. Neat find.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I thought for sue the New York part of the map would show 9/11, but it didn't. also, i don't think i saw any conflict in Australia at all...Not bad for a country of thieves.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

S&F for bringing this to ATS.

Great video.

I mean terrible video.

Ah you know what i mean.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hmmm....Didn't see any Vietnam War from the mid 60's to the early 70's. Must not have happened.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
War appears to be endemic of human nature, although personally, as I sit and type this, I can't think of anyone I would really love to wage war on and kill...
...Justin Bieber?

Violence may be part of Human nature, for protection, but war is created by social institutions *.

No one chooses to go to war, we are sent by those we accept as authority. We wouldn't go to war without that authority.

And if you really look war is always about appropriating, or protecting, wealth and privilege.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

War is a Racket

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To be continued?

Why? and who says so?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Damn, According to that video, you Europeans are constantly at war, every where you go. I didnt see anything in Texas though. What happen to the Alamo, and San jacinto

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Of course war is inherent in humanity. We didn't even begin recording our wars or history until we were done killing every other human-like species off. We killed to get what we are, and we'll always kill to be that way. Anybody who tells you different is too optimistic or they're a liar.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalis
WWI and II were epic.
Also, have anyone noticed how middle east is allways at war ? (And France too)

are you kidding me?

have you seen how europe is always at war?

its only in the past 50 years when it shifted from europe to the middle east, it took a lot of wars to civilise europe... i think this is what it will take for the middle east and later africa... a lot of wars!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The crescendo at the end was pretty telling to where the world is headed, and the booms just keep getting bigger and bigger, too. I was expecting a little more with Hiroshima, but all in all, a pretty interesting clip.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join