It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Foreign Policy Change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There is a good article on the BBC entitled:

US policy: Fresh start or more of the same

news.bbc.co.uk...

What do you think will happen to US foreign policy if George Bush gets re-elected?

I hope he doesn't get re-elected as I believe his policy has made the world a far more dangerous place since he came to power. But I am quite unsure as to whether he will start another war because of the huge problems of Iraq.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If Bush gets re-elected I doubt our foreign policy will change much. If we get to a point during his next term (assuming he is re-elected) where we are able to withdraw our troops from Iraq (highly doubtful), i'm sure he would continue the "war on terror" elsewhere in the middle-east. He would continue his stance versus North Korea and Iran but he wouldn't dare take military action versus either (atleast I hope, since both undoubtedly have nuclear potential, and such action would be disasterous). So what does that leave? Saudi Arabia maybe?

On the other hand, if Kerry is elected and we are able to remove our troops from Iraq during the years he is president, i'd wager that we would cease the "war on terror" after withdrawal of our troops from Iraq.

Of course once you consider that both Kerry and Bush are Skull and Bones and even related to each other (both through family ties and clout), there is the possibility that Kerry would continue Bush's legacy.

-Attero

new topics

join