It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Reaction to the 'Poppy Burnings' in Words.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am not 'Racist'... I am concerned for the heritage of my Country... Foreigners/Immigrants start out in the country with nothing, we pay taxes to allow our government to attempt to give them everything i.e. income, food, shelter, security etc. They take advantage of the benefit system without ever having contributed to the British economy in the past. Atleast the typical 'chav dole bum' has or grew up from a family that contributed and worked towards a brighter future for Britain in the past. And what do they give in return? No thanks, but a demand for more. No respect, but a demand for us to accommodate their religion and abide by their rules/laws. No pride for Britain, but a burning of poppies as a stand against OUR OWN forefathers that made the ultimate sacrifice to allow them to be here!

Our soldiers died and are continuing to die to maintain British heritage and to ensure the future survival of Britain. We even have our people dying in Iraq to try and make their country a better place.

Our roads, schools and general infrastructure of our major towns and cities are being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of immigrants. The government know this and our trying to drive us into a state of civil war, to rival against them so we can turn to the government in times of need i.e. gain more power and control. But the government have underestimated the tolerance of the British people. We just put up with everything.
I say this in hope that one day, we will wake up as a nation and realise that this tiny little island we call 'Britain' can not sustain any more 'British-born Foreigners' and 'Immigrants'.

They have no form of financial security yet continue to have 6-8 kids on average per family. Why? I hope, but I know that nothing will be done. They have worked their way into the 'system' they are now taking the wheel and are in the driving seat of Britain. Why else do you think that the Immigration plans promised by both the Lib Dems and Conservative parties (note - THE ONLY VIEW THEY AGREED ON) were dropped.

Wake up Britain, or we're f**ked.

source - casualsunited.files.wordpress.com Keep This Alive

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For a moment there, I thought you were talking about the US.
That is exactly what is going on here with the "illegal" so-called
immigrants, because they are not immigrants in the slightest
stretch of the inmagination. But they are doing the same exact
thing here as you described in your country. This whole planet
is like the Planet of the apes movie, upside down and no sense
at all. We also are having the problem of sharia law that some
are already trying to shove down our throats. I think it really is
time to kick some serious butt, because that is what is coming
in the near future. It isn't going to be a pretty scene for some time.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Greetings my welsh brother, what i dont understand about this whole situation is this, these troublemakers must be in the minority, i dont understand why the imans in the mosques are not saying, ' look enough, these people have given us a good county to live, jobs, freedom of speech, respect their war dead who have given us this free country to live in,' i mean these extremist nutters must go to pray surely the moslem leaders must have some power over their congregation.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hi.
First off i dont think your a racist but its a shame that when threads like these appear they are usually swarmed with comments accusing the poster of wanting another holocaust. This country has gone to pot since in the influx of foriergners there is no denying it, though you have to keep your feet on the ground and stick to the facts - Not all muslims hate this country. More broadly, not all migrant workers hate this country.
The world is in a terrible state and its driving people thousands of miles away from their homes in order to find abit of work, food and a place to safely raise their familys.
The Poppy burning was a huge slap in the face for Europe - embarrasing for this country that we tolerate such hateful and offensive gestures because the offender is of a certain faith or race. Though this attitude seems to be serving a higher purpose for the elite.
But i'd just like to say, being of irish decent, My grandmother left ireland before the age of 20, and came to the UK met with nothing but abuse - She didnt return home because there was nothing to go home to. The pakistani's came over roughly at the same time and they to, were met with nothing but slanderous racist tones, but they didnt leave because they had nothing to go home to. Lets not forget that after the 2nd world war there was no workforce in this country and immigration was needed for the rebuilding of europe.
Everyone criticise's the polish, but ive never heard anyone call them lazy. Most of them have gone home, and do you blame them? This country is a mess. But lets not make it worse by generalising. Our little island isnt going to improve until the WORLD improves, and that can start when there isnt a greedy elite of capitalist's squeezing every penny and every drop of blood.
I'd bet that most foriernger's dont want to be here anyhow.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Well said my friend! When I gave my opinion, I was not talking of every muslim, pakistani, polish, foreigner and I do not judge them by the colour of their skin or their nationality but by their actions (how they choose to react) and the general census of their moral fibres.

To give an example, to follow a religion that encourages their follows to kill other people to chase a wonderful afterlife is damn right dangerous, and scares me to the bitter bone. To know that these people could be my next-door neighbours is abysmal !!

To follow a religion where its taught that husband's should beat their wives and see them as an inferior almost separate species is pathetic. It scares me how easily these people are influenced and how they believe that violent and disrespectful acts like 'suicide bombing', 'poppy burning' are RIGHT. They are WRONG and how they can see otherwise is beyond me. I'm not saying people who don't follow that religion are perfect; but you will not see such a mass majority influenced on such a massive scale in any other religion.

Back onto your point, I completely agree with you. Many people will all have to suffer until the world improves and I don't see this happening any time soon.

My point is simply that if they choose to migrate to this country, just as you grandmother did from Ireland and just as my Great great grandfather did from Malta back in the 1800's of the coal mining and shipping era; they should respect our beliefs our way of doing things and not demand for us to change our ways to suit their religious beliefs.

I would not go to their countries and demand that they no longer wear their Burqa's because they offend MY religion.

Some of our local primary schools have stopped teaching Welsh (our national language in Wales) and have started teaching Arabic instead upon request of their families as they claim they don't want their children learning Welsh.

The best part... I am a Roman Catholic, I went to a Roman Catholic primary school and had a wonderful learning experience that taught me good morals. 10 years on, I visited my primary school recently, they are no longer allowed to display the crucifix, cross or rosary beads as they will offend children with Muslim beliefs. I can tell you now that the teacher's are not happy about this and have said that they do not like the changes that have been made since I attended. The school remains to be called Saint Philip Evans Roman Catholic primary school, but I don't think it should be called this any more; and that upsets me.

new topics

top topics

join