It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2002 "taken" film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I recently posted a thread about my thoughts on a alien,s agenda for visiting our planet.
Well i started watching Steven Spielberg,s "taken" on you tube and true to Spielberg style its fantastic.
I'm currently on episode 7 of 10 whether its pure sci/fi or based on any true events i find irrelevant .
I thought anyone who had missed this, may like the heads up so to speak;
www.youtube.com...
or those who have seen it may like to give their views?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I personally didn't care for it that much although I watched every single episode back ......2002?

I think it was hyped up way too much so the expectations were extremely high so some people (me) were sorta let down. It was okay though.

And yes, it's based on real events and the person who telepathically communicates with the alien is Clifford Stone.

I did name my cat "alley" after the character so I s'pose it did have some impact on me (unless I just wasn't feeling that creative back then...)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I think because Ive stumbled across it and can watch at my own pace i am enjoying it more,I missed the hype back in 2002 so its a good find for me

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There was quite a fascinating series made a while back called "Invasion Earth" . It was an anglo american venture and shown on the Sci Fi channel. Well worth tracking down and viewing. Very downbeat sort of story that stretches back to WW2.

There's a clip here.. www.youtube.com...

2 cats... Strophic and Tonic..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just felt this thread needed a good bump to the top after collecting dust

The taken series can also be watched on Voeh if your inclined (need to download the veoh player...its malware free)

I find it to be an amazing series myself..I missed the initial hoopla about it and only watched some of it in a marathon showing on crappy syfy the other day...I shut it off (I am trying to boycott syfy for cancelling all intelligent programming and replacing it with wrestling, reaity ghost hunting, and cooking shows) and instead watched it on veoh (no commercials)

If you have never seen the series, its really effing good. they try to follow as much as possible the overall development of the UFO/ET story of america from roswell to now(ish...actually 2002).

They really need to consider doing a part 2 as they did leave it as a bit of a cliffhanger (and someone is about old enough for breeding..time to do the final chapter...what a great way to bring in the 2012 stuff)..

So ya, if you haven't seen it, its totally worth the watch..don't expect endless action as its more of a sci-fi drama and mental candy verses explosions...

Linky
its listed as t8k3n. best not to question why.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I thought Taken was great, I do recall being glued to the TV for each of the ten episodes of it.
Scenes such as the implant being removed from that man's head, and the entire room of military personnel going nuts and killing each other (with that one head honcho officer somehow knowing it was a bad idea to be in that room, and driving by as they were shooting each other - The scene with Dakota Fanning running through the street and manipulating time to avoid getting run over (she was great in it and only like what... 7 or so years old at the time?). Good times, wish I had it on disk or full definition to watch... How's the YouTube version of it? Guessing butchered quality (omw out the door so can't check atm).

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
I thought Taken was great, I do recall being glued to the TV for each of the ten episodes of it.
Scenes such as the implant being removed from that man's head, and the entire room of military personnel going nuts and killing each other (with that one head honcho officer somehow knowing it was a bad idea to be in that room, and driving by as they were shooting each other - The scene with Dakota Fanning running through the street and manipulating time to avoid getting run over (she was great in it and only like what... 7 or so years old at the time?). Good times, wish I had it on disk or full definition to watch... How's the YouTube version of it? Guessing butchered quality (omw out the door so can't check atm).

Thats why I linked up to the veoh...its hi-def there.
donno about youtube though.

Its certainly worth a rewatch for all the stuff you missed first time around...good weekend viewing I guess

top topics

join