It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergence of the Fascist American Theocratic State [The death of Democracy]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Death of democracy

Historians will record that between November 2000 and February 2002, democracy-as envisioned by the creators of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution-effectively came to an end. As democracy died, the Fascist American Theocratic State ["The State"] was born

Politics is NOT my bag, and I hope this is in the right place. I much prefer a good earthquake or volcano

I came across this article whilst searching for a particular volcano like you do (OK I wilfed) and it caught my eye, first because it was by Pravda, second because it was by two American writers and third because it seems to sum up quite well much of what has gone on recently on the political scene. Of course that is only my opinion and I am neither American or (as I said) into politics.

Pravda News Article by John Stanton and Wayne Madsen. It has a dearth of paragraphs but is a good read.

But in the aftermath of 911, with the media now indistinguishable from the "war effort" and the public instructed to fly and buy for patriotism, The State achieved in a mere 15 months, the utter decimation of American democracy.

Pravda News Article by John Stanton and Wayne Madsen

What say you good folks? Right or Wrong?
edit on 14/11/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

One could easily state that this writer is ignoring history and only looking at a small time-frame to fit their political views and understanding.

A few points: "Democracy" as the Founders saw it, was to be disseminated to the lowest levels of governance except in the case of the House of Representatives. It was also to be diluted as much as possible so that large populace States could not easily 'out-vote' smaller populace States.

- The Presidency is not electable by democratic vote, the United States of America uses the Electoral College to accomplish this. One of the major reasons is that the Presidency is not a powerful entity as people, the media, and others make it out to be. One of the last barriers that is constantly attacked is that of the Electoral College. Lack of education and understanding the reasoning behind such a system leads to such attacks.

- The Senate, prior to the 17th Amendment was to be elected by the States' legislators.

So this article is only looking at recent events without taking in the context of the past and the destruction of the "Founders" envisioned experiment in redefining the Republic.

The fall of America began just after the Civil War, with Reconstruction policies and the notion that States are not sovereign. It continued through the late 1910s with the creation of the Federal Reserve Act, 16th Amendment and the 17th Amendment.

Consolidation of power at the National level has been accelerated through the period the authors have mentioned, but that is not where it began. I also reject the notion of a "Theocratic" State.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thanks for posting. I take it you did not actually read all of the article then since I am having difficulty relating anything that you mentioned with the contents.

The whole point of the piece was to refer to later - very recent - events and how the American population has lost any control that it had.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I did read it, albeit a hard read without paragraphs....there is a reason we have them, these writers should learn how to utilize them to make their material easier to read.

I was pointing out that the writers could have dug deeper and farther back to realize how "Democracy" was never a goal of the founding fathers. I questioned the article from the beginning with this opening line:

Historians will record that between November 2000 and February 2002, democracy-as envisioned by the creators of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution-effectively came to an end.

The creators of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution never envisioned a democracy. They sought to redesign a Republic to maximize liberty to the People while limiting Government as much as possible without becoming a fully realized Anarchy.

While part of this statement is correct:

Post-911 saw suspension of US constitutional and international law and modifications to suit the needs of The State.
with the passing of the Patriot Act, International law can always be suspended as it has no merit within the borders of the United States of America. Given that, the Patriot Act is and will be a stain upon the United States.

But then comparing it to the scraping of the German Constitution during Hitlers rise to power serves nothing but sensationalism. What should be pointed out is the effective sidestepping of the Constitution and the blurring of the separations of powers since the late 1800s. Reconstruction, the Federal Reserve Act, 16th and 17th Amendments are all products of a power hungry National Government.

There are some aspects of the article that are warranted, but my first reply was to point out that they are looking too narrowly if they want to find the true demise of the American Experiment. Governments fear its people having the ability to pick and choose what Government they wish to have. Thus consolidation of powers occurs to ensure that the Government chooses what the People want.

top topics

join