It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's to be made of this unusual info from a new member ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have no way of being able to make a judgement on that, but I suppose anything is possible. I have certainly seen a few strange things in my life that did not *seem* possible. Who am I to say?

You're probably right about the email address. I always thought of it as etiquette to not display it though.

As for whether or not this person is baiting or is actually revealing some strange nature about themselves... can't make a call on that. I will make one call though... whatever the case is, you're in on it.

Sorry... I had to poke you on that one.
edit on 23-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I have no way of being able to make a judgement on that, but I suppose anything is possible. I have certainly seen a few strange things in my life that did not *seem* possible. Who am I to say?

You're probably right about the email address. I always thought of it as etiquette to not display it though.

As for whether or not this person is baiting or is actually revealing some strange nature about themselves... can't make a call on that. I will make one call though... whatever the case is, you're in on it.

Sorry... I had to poke you on that one.
edit on 23-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

Hahahaha - poke away :-)

But strange that I haven't exactly gone out of my way to keep this thread going. I've only responded occasionally to various posts, such as yours. Otherwise, the entire thread has been allowed to slide into oblivion and only resurfaces when someone else makes a new post.
Anyway, check the majority of my posts and you'll see that my personal opinion (beyond my original curiousity) has tended towards a hoax.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername

... just makes me recall how "dull" life was before electronic communication and the internet came along !

Seems like an unusual way to phrase such a sentence as we've had electronic communication of one type or another for at least 100 years.

Electronic communication was not as common as it is now. Modems were pretty rare in the 1980's and routinely cost a few hundred dollars. They became a more visible technology insofar as Joe and Jane Doe are concerned by the mid-1990's. Not many people ever knew what BBSes were because the Internet all but killed the community by 1997.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Another BS thread, that's all.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan
There ARE medical breakthroughs coming that will extend human life by decades, at least; and they're talking about indefinite lifespans by the end of this century. But, WHO DECIDES who gets to live forever?

At first, whoever can get their hands on it and pay for it. I rather doubt that such procedures will be available in North America for many years after they are developed. Other countries, sure, but they'll be incredibly expensive. After the information gets out and whatever techniques are more widely disseminated, who knows? Senescence is a complex enough phenomenon, though, that it's not likely to be an easy procedure (complexity of technique tends to be saddled with a requisite cost).

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
Deaths of Inmortals sound like a contradiction in terms to me.

'Immortal' simply means that one will not die. While it's often assumed, this doesn't mean that one cannot be killed. Perhaps 'will not die naturally' would be more precise.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Op have you had any more contact with M1937? if so would you please elaborate, M1937 if you still frequent this forum and particularly this thread i would be interested in contacting you and would be willing to take the questionare. please respond to this thread then i will u2u you.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Please, think about this. Seriously,IF there were immortals amongst you... do you actually think they would reveal themselves to you in one way or another? The answer is : NOT UNLESS THEY WANTED TO DIE.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I plan on living till atleast 113

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, if ol' grandaddy Methuselah never gets back to y'all
I have a whole load of snake oil I'd like to sell you...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

A mistaken thought maybe, or someone who is really old and doesn't quite know where they are maybe? But I just wanted to ask is that snake oil as good as cat oil?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Oh, it's better.
It's better than anything else, ever.
First, though, I need you to fill out this little questionnare...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Very, very interesting.

Methusaleh, it appears the fountain of youth was not a legend. No idea how many are spread around the world, but the combination of required components would indicate only a handful.

Wow.

It really IS a spring.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ummm- sounds like somebody has watched "Highlander" a few too many times...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

On the other side of the coin, if we however make the assumption that methuselah1937 made a truthful claim regarding the apparent loss of those 4 individuals, then can we also make a further assumption that there ARE indeed extremely long-lived individuals currently amongst us (not necessarily immortal) and that for some of them, extreme longevity can and did take a toll on them ultimately driving at least 2 of them to suicide ?

Hi everyone

I'm a fairly new ATS member, still locating threads which are of interest to me, on the subject of immortality / extreme human longevity

This particular quote is very insightful, and ties in closely with my own beliefs, although as yet I lack solid data to substantiate those beliefs ...

I believe that Longevity for the sake of it would be boring for 99% of the population

In fact, some answers I've received on other threads echo this very point, who wants to be immortal / One life is boring enough etc.,

BUT what if you had a goal? Some social, political,economic, or scientific goal which quite simply wasn't going to be accomplished on one lifetime. If someone held out the opportunity for you even double your life span (and for you to continue to exist in good health), wouldn't you grab it with both hands?

I fully believe that a prerequisite for surviving the "toll" of immortality is to have a goal to achieve. Whether one would be willing to accept death having reached that goal is another question entirely

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well if nothing else... that was very strange email application rather it be auto-respond or if he/she had it on hand. but i havent seen anybody touch on the implications of the response email in relation to earlier posts
look at this for a second from my a+b=c possible scenario (follow me through c... this scenario hasnt been touched on yet)

a) it was said with a implied certainty that there where only ever a total of 12... but then there would be no need for a application... the app would suggest that they where looking for others they are unaware of which is inconsistant with the whole there are only 12 idea

+b) obviously though if u have a vetting process for whatever purpose u have purpose for those who make it through the vetting (deeper than hey u just won yourself a new ipod lol) and keep in mind long-lived does not equal benevolent especially if they are human at the core (so why would i a long-lived person want to just automatically hang out for eternity with u just because we share a common anomoly bad associations are hard enough in one lifetime)

=c) so what im getting at is not a claim either way that they do or dont exist, but a claim that he/she isnt one (u dont live that long wearing your secrets on your sleeve) but im not jumping straight to hoax, could be something worst... a cult taking advantage of people who poorly came to the conclusion they are immortal or still worst a agency who knows there are some among us and are weeding them out online

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayln2010
why would i a long-lived person want to just automatically hang out for eternity with u just because we share a common anomoly

a agency who knows there are some among us and are weeding them out online

Interesting argument. Travallian (I've posted links to a download for his ebook elsewhere on ATS but will post them again if anyone is interested) suggests that there is no "secret society" of immortals. I guess the reason that long lived people may wish to associate is the same as why any people with a common interest choose to associate - mutual support and exchange of information. Just my guess.

As for your mention of an "agency" are you suggesting (for example) that it might be a Governmental Agency? Or a private group? And what exactly is "weeding them out" supposed to imply? That an agency (Governmental or not) wants to secure a long-lived human - for the purpose of ...? Experimentation perhaps? To establish the mechanism behind their longevity? (paraphrasing Travallian again).

I'm quite intrigued by your argument, please expand it it?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Methuselah is the longest living recorded person in the bible.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bellarina
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Methuselah is the longest living recorded person in the bible.

Even before the bible 12 was a number of importance in pre-Bible religions. It was adopted to get people to buy into the bible. Hence why we don't have packages of 10 things, but have a DOZEN. 12 is still an important number....

Maybe 12 is the number of people left on Earth from somewhere's else. Life spans started getting shorter due to the radiation around Earth.

We've put ALOT of radiation around Earth..making life spans shorter. Which is why they've tried putting satellites up there with those super long tethers to get rid of the Radiation....and they all failed.

The radiation belts ended long life on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join