It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can watch you on your built in webcam if you come to my website!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Again.. I can see this as a microsoft OS issue not a linux issue. I don't see how this can effect linux users. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just to expand on some of the previous posts & back up what they've said:

This is an issue that has concerned me since one of my relatives applied for a job in a Government/Military establishment some time ago. This relative has worked in various military places for over 20 years & applied for an administrative job at a well known, highly secret research establishment in the UK. (no names, I'm too paranoid to go there, sorry!)
Anyway, long story short, the interview was conducted by 2 intelligence officers & to quote my relative: "they wanted to know EVERYTHING about my life, you name it, there was no subject that was off limits. The questions were extremely intrusive & embarrassing, a lot of them seemingly designed to catch you out"

(Pretty much what you'd expect if you wanted clearance to work in a place like this).... but then it got weird....

"then it got really scary. Once they were done humiliating me, they pulled out a file with a load of information in it. They proceeded to tell me some of the stuff they already knew & that they were merely testing when they asked the questions. They showed me more... & Jesus! Honest to God, you would not believe what they keep on record or can find out. They know EVERYTHING!" You name it, friends, habits, internet use", etc etc etc.

Relative didn't elaborate, but I pushed on the subject, asking about various stuff & yes.... better believe they know about it or can find out in short order if they want to!

So anyone out there paranoid about their email/txt being read, or their cell phone being a location device, audio/visual eavesdropper etc or Facebook being a great data collection tool. YUP! Why do you think we all either own, or have been encouraged to own one or more of these things?

The webcam thing is just the tip of the iceberg... probably hard wired into your laptop & operating system. Just cos the light on your webcam doesn't come on, doesn't mean it's not broadcasting or taking snapshots!

Is this the so-called illuminati 'all-seeing eye'? Certainly feels like it. If you knew peoples personal info/private behaviour/friends/buying habits/ideology etc, how powerful would the people with access to this information be do you think?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am sorry but I have to say this:

I am going to use free ware because I hate those globalist scum bags that steal all my hard earned cash and go and buy jets and stuff.

or

I'll use a cracked version of windows my friend has

or

I'll just try this free trail version of this great program

No one will ever get in my PC as I would never be stupid enough to grant access to my PC

Sorry forgot the biggest joke of all:

JAVA and Microsoft Update
edit on 13/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: forgot something and stop sodding asking me!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

WOW.. I thought I had a few beers to many tonight. A cracked version of windows.. ][
Edit to add.. ?!
edit on 11/13/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

No this is possible. You can use several methods but to me packet injection is by far the best especially using adobe flash media. Trojans work as well but you don't even need to do that. Most peoples computers (windows based) has remote assistance enabled by default. Unless you turn it off it silently runs in the background where their are 10,000 ways to make it do what you want it to do. If you run windows look at all the services that run on your computer and then go look them up and see what they actually do. When you get done with that start looking at google at all the hacks and exploits for those services. The possibility is literally endless.

Find an IP
Fire up wireshark
Inject

You an tell the software to do whatever you want to make it do whatever. The op is correct in his statements and it is far from a fantasy. Adobe always tries to fix these exploits but they can never put the final nail in the coffin to stop them

They even have scripts that will do it for you now.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme

Sorry teenage hackers using programs that make Trojans is not what we are talking about. This is simply coding that any professional or amateur could do should they wish!

contradict yourself much?
edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: trimmed nested quote

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Support appreciated - There are always so many that need to be made aware of our reality!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Thank God I am on an iPad with no camera! Lol

ehm you sure the ipad dosnt have a build in camera? im sure it has!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

An Amateur being someone proficient in a certain field but not paid, a professional is someone that is paid, a teenage hacker being a spotty little mite who uses a program that creates a program that he has no understanding of.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
teenage hackers = pups = script kiddies......not real hackers....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

check you web history !

edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: Replaced quote of entire previous post with "reply to" tag.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

ERR exactly! thank you for making my point

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Odd.. I have to edit this even tho I quoted you and responded with -]. Works for windows how about linux?
edit on 11/13/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme

An Amateur being someone proficient in a certain field but not paid, a professional is someone that is paid, a teenage hacker being a spotty little mite who uses a program that creates a program that he has no understanding of.

That's why I quoted Sub7.....
edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

SO can either of you give me a single instance of any reported case where packet injection has been used to access a web cam?
Anything at all apart from claims to "know what your talking about"

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok so let us presume that this is possible and somewhat easy to do ... is this a MS Windows thing or do I have to worry about it on a Mac/iSight, and what would be the remedy?

Also to the OP ... I refer you to line item 6.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

It works with Unix and Micor$oft Windoze. You can find several builds with no gui at all for several different linux builds. I think freebsd even has one now.

The best thing to do is fire it up on an xp machine with an Oracle Vbox running on it that is running Linux in it. Very simple to do and the cool part is when you get found out everybody starts trying to beat down a linux box that is emulated in a windoze machine lol.
Oh noes they are attacking my emulated OS! :O

Don't ever make the penguins angry.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

remedy is tapeing over your cam.. I have yet to hear if this exploit is microsoft only and im sure it is. I'm a programmer and use linux and don't see this effecting linux users.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm going to do a HUGE U-Turn here and admit I was wrong wrong wrong with an extra helping of creamy wrongness on the side.

ClickJacking indeed

Link that proves how wrong I was

Why is there no "I was wrong" emoticon

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Also to the OP ... I refer you to line item 6.

Roger roger, understood and assimilated !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join