It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French cabinet resigns ahead of Sarkozy reshuffle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

France's cabinet has stepped down in preparation for a planned reshuffle by President Nicolas Sarkozy.

In a statement, Mr Sarkozy's office said he had accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Francois Fillon and his other ministers. The move, described by analysts as a formality, allows Mr Sarkozy to appoint new ministers without first having to dismiss those holding posts.

Read more at:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is this evidence that protesting can make a difference? I really hope that this works out well for the French people, the rest of the world needs a model to follow. This is breaking news, so it will be interesting to see which way it goes and who will be chosen to replace the cabinet.
edit on 13-11-2010 by kyle43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I wonder did the french ever work out what happened to there football team over last year.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Already posted earlier by me!
Just wanted to get that out of the way!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
Is this evidence that protesting can make a difference? I really hope that this works out well for the French people, the rest of the world needs a model to follow. This is breaking news, so it will be interesting to see which way it goes and who will be chosen to replace the cabinet.
edit on 13-11-2010 by kyle43 because: (no reason given)

From your own headline though:

The move, described by analysts as a formality, allows Mr Sarkozy to appoint new ministers without first having to dismiss those holding posts

Sounds like soup du jour here. I'm of the opinion that general protesting does very little other than to piss of the very people who may agree with you in principle. However a violent protest is another story.

brill

top topics

join