It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, STOP trying to find UFOs with web cams!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
... people looking for UFOs with web cams.

I didn't know that UFOs had webcams?
I guess though, when you think about it, they probably suffer from a similar tourism syndrome and want to record every moment so they can beam it back to their loved ones on Planet Asswagglefogaggle.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You haven't been here for long, don't worry you'll get use to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It's never ending nonsense. It is destroying legitimate research.
edit on 13-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

How long have you been researching UFOs? Could you please give me a brief synopsis of this 'legitimate research' and why the results are better than those from webcams? From where I sit there isn't much that is convincing, webcam or no. Surely if this legitimate research was worth its weight we would have convincing UFO reports being touted by the MSM by now?
IF there are UFOs, to my mind they are most probably Black Ops projects or (at a stretch) drones from alien civilisations who would have worked out that to circumvent the vast distances of interstellar space involved in such travel, and bypassing the manipulation of the space-time continuum as too costly and dangerous. Mechanical/synthetic means were more rigorous and up to the mission of space travel rather than sending out 'manned' (aliened?) spaceships.

Originally posted by zorgon

1: You are not there to personally witness it.

So if I am say watching the web cam at Yellowstone park waiting for the geysers to erupt...
and say a big foot strolls by and gets caught on that camera...
You mean that would not have any value?

How do you know it was big foot and not some guy in a suit? You don't, you were not there. The video would be useless and only cause endless debate. Sure entertainment wise it would be great, but it would be useless none the less. If you were there, you could at lease have more information about it being a guy in a suit or not, how big it was, how far it was, what noises it made, etc...

edit on 13-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Sometimes it is not feasibly possible for someone to be in every location at once (at left not in the same timeline
). Thus, webcams can be exceptionally useful tools to aid our observations and notes and even to help do the job when we're not around.
I know that they are exceptionally useful for monitoring volcanoes. However, I do get your point in a small way, that the refresh rate of most public webcams is not ideal and that can lead to artifacting. However, just because it isn't the magic bullet for finding UFOs doesn't doesn't mean it should be thrown out with the bathwater.

They are a tool. What is the saying?

Oh: A poor workman blames his (her) tools. thus, it is not the poor, much-maligned webcam that is at fault. It is the lack of critical thinking from people who profess to be UFO researchers yet don't apply enough of their grey matter because they get caught up in the moment (possible scenario).

Oh, and a white horse walks into a bar. The barman says " What'll it be? "
The horse says" Whisky , please..and another, and another"
After the tenth dram the barman says "you sure like your whisky. No wonder they named a brand after you!" To which the horse replies
"What, Eric?"

Seemingly off-topic, this humorous anecdote actually illustrates how jumping to conclusions can end up with different results than first thought.
edit on 14-11-2010 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Please do read this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It describes what I am talking about.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I have read the whole thread :/

I do understand your distrust regarding webcams but I reiterate that it is not the webcams that are the problem, rather, the people.

Now, I had some more questions.
See my post above

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

here is another still from earlyer on what is the large luminous object because everyone seams to have a different explination as to what it is so that kinda fits the bill for unexplained here is the pic i mean so far i have yet to have the object in the upper right of the pic identifyed to my exacting standards

That is the moon dude!

Jeez, seriously?
edit on 20-1-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join