It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big News: AboveTopSecret.com is 1,693!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+90 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We'd like to take a moment to thank all our contributing members and visiting guests for a rather stunning milestone in ATS history, a Quantcast ranking below 1,700!

Quantcast is an increasingly popular website traffic ranking service that has just over 22 million domains being tracked. Everything from Google.com to some of the most obscure personal blogs are being traffic-ranked through a combination of techniques. To put our 1,693 number in perspective, as of November of 2010, ATS is in the top 0.0076% of all websites on the Internet.

For even better perspective, our current traffic is in the same range as:
zune.net
villagevoice.com
shopzilla.com
fbi.gov
totalprosports.com

And our current traffic is beating these other popular sites:
foxsports.com
thesmokinggun.com
popularmechanics.com
zdnet.com
bbc.com (US)
technorati.com
breitbart.tv
gigaom.com

This is an incredible validation that the combined efforts of us (ATS staff) doing our best to ensure civility and decorum, and you (our members) are doing your best to to fill the information voids of mainstream media with compelling content. It's also a clear fulfillment of our continuing promise that AboveTopSecret.com will work hard to ensure the world notices what our members post, as clearly you're being noticed.

Make no mistake, a user-generated "alternative topics" website such as us beating out popular online destinations such as Fox Sports, BBC.com (in US traffic), Technorati and The Smoking gun is a stunning accomplishment. More and more people are discovering your opinions, ideas, and alternative take on mainstream news and information. And that is why we do what we do.

edit on 16-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That is fantastic!! Just remember...if it ain't broke don't fix it. I love the way this is laid out, easy to use and browse.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i would like to be the first to congradulate ats for showing the world the user generated sites are the way of the future
im sure ATS will keep going higher and our members will get even more coverage as this happens
this is a validation of the idea that people want and need a alternative veiw on current events
as the main stream media is propaganda there was a need for real info with good perspective
that is open for real discusion.

wooooot woooooot
lets get ats higher in the ranking

XPLodER

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Perhaps at some point you will be telling Larry King, on air, how much his show sucks...

Congrats to the entirety of ATS...!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm curious, there was a peak on Nov 9, what story drove that?
edit on 13-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is great news! Congrats, and thanks for running such an awesome site!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Congrats, I love this site. I send all the people I know here to see some of the unique and interesting content. Not too shabby ATS and from the looks of that growth curve you aint seen nothing yet as they say.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That's wonderful SO. It's nice to know someone is profiting from all my skepticism, cynicism and down right paranoia somewhere in the world!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

congrats

edit on 13/11/10 by mcrom901 because:

link   
I'm amazed that fbi.gov gets that amount of traffic!
What are people doing over there?

Well done on your rising web status!

link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I'm curious, there was a peak on Nov 9, what story drove that?
edit on 13-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

If you look at the Recent Posts page, towards the upper right above the post list...you will see a few fields where you can input a date.

This will bring up the 'Recent Posts' page of that date...one of the coolest new features I have ever seen on any discussion forum...

This is likely the story which helped the spike...www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:03:20 -0600 by MemoryShock because: To Add Link

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Now THIS is breaking news we all love to hear around these parts!

Congratulations, to all the members whose contributions made this possible!

Keep it up, ATS!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm amazed that fbi.gov gets that amount of traffic!
What are people doing over there?

Well done on your rising web status!

I think the two numbers are concordant... as in one reads a few threads on ATS and then feels a deep and compelling need to check to FBI site to make sure they've not been added to any lists!

In general though, congrats ATS! Now to find a way to take out the next 1,693 spots without compromising the things that make this site our home!

~Heff
edit on 11/13/10 by Hefficide because: grammatical travesty

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well done.
In essence i think this shows that the sheeple are starting to open their eyes (slowly).
But the other side of the coin is we would be very very heavily monitored.A target.
So well done ATS,
Mr gov Agent, go screwyaself.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe, I have never felt the need to look at it until just now when it was mentioned, I've probably done got my IP address all compromised and stuff now

The "Most Wanted" list is pretty interesting but the wallpaper section
who has the director of the FBI as their wallpaper?
edit on 13-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theories have now passed BBC and the FBI as sources of Information. Who would have thought....

Congratulations!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
AWESOME NEWS!

I love ATS!!!

Glad so many others also agree (secretly or openly).

I guess this explains all those black helicopters over your house, SO!

Thank YOU and all the members, and of course the staff, for giving us ATS.

My hands down favorite website on the net.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Conspiracy Theories have now passed BBC and the FBI as sources of Information. Who would have thought....

Congratulations!

I think ATS has largely moved from the realm of basement conspiracy theories to real analysis of real world events. We have several members who are in tune with the financial world, politics, the military, geo-politics, health and safety issues, social issues, the whole works.

ATS, in the nearly three years I have been here, has managed to elevate it's credibility by shining a light on CREDIBLE information, and stimulative discussion.

Much of what we say here winds up on the MSM as well because they're too lame to do their own research. None of this is surprising to me.

If it's not on Above Top Secret.com, then it probably doesn't matter!
edit on 13-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join