It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKYLINE MOVIE A SCIENTOLOGY PLOT?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Seriously, the only possible explanation for this horrible, horrible, poorly written and ill conceived film's existence would have to be to make Battlefield Earth look GOOD!
My dear fellow ATSers and friends, I know this film is heavily promoted on this site...so, perhaps my post will be short-lived...but PLEASE allow me to help you ALL to save your time, money...and dignity by suggesting you avoid this truly awful film like the plague.
Don't make the same mistake I have just made this afternoon by seeing this over-hyped cinematic piece of trash. TRUST ME...you will thank me later! -TAT

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
so that all you say about it is that it sucks? Give some examples and stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Ok, aside from the film being poor, I just have to ask....where does scientology come into it? or was that for dramatic effect? I hate scientology as much as the next sane person but I fail to see the connection..

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Also does Turk die by being crushed in that car?

link   
Dont know what this has got to do with scientology but thanks for the movie review, ill avoid it.

link   
Just saw it and i agree: truly awful.
I was hoping for something cool like "District 9" with a dose of "Independence Day" but it's a mess with lots of bad acting and not one character to give a damn about.I do NOT want to "spoil" for anyone but there's NO background whatsoever provided for the "ailens" or the how/why they "arrive..."They just show up and people react.

Just a few vapid females and guys with bad ideas through the entire movie...the effects are cool but honestly,I've seen several of the "intense" scenes" done in similar ways in other movies,not a lot of original going on throughout.
edit on 12-11-2010 by irishchic because: added a bit more opinion of the movie

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinster

I believe the Scientologists were responsible for BATTLEFIELD EARTH.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the warning. It looked promising in the ads. Didn't think you could go wrong with an action movie based on aliens taking over the world. Thats good material!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Is it really that bad ? I was going to take the wife and see it this weekend. How about the action and the aliens ? are they any good ?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I saw the movie trailer for it last night, and I could tell it would suck. The trailer includes ZERO plot, just circumstance by way of special effects.

When a trailer only shows you circumstance, and no plot it means it HAS NO PLOT. So all you are going to see is a movie with special effects. The movie will spark no curiosity, no wonder, no imagination.

You will leave the movie like, "meh...
" and go home and watch some X-Files on Netflix!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Gee, I was going to go see it this afternoon. Maybe now I will wait for it to appear on ON DEMAND, which should be soon, if it sucks that much

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

piece of trash

One mans trash is another s treasure.

I will see it just to judge for my self

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by l3363

The "aliens" are sorts of cool but you really get NO glimpse into what makes them tick or why they are there so to me,they are just some CG things to be watched because you never get a sense of their purpose or intent other than to absorb humans.I wanted to know what makes them tick I guess?

The "action" is limited to a few characters which would be fine if they were intelligent or creative in their attempts to solve the "problem" ie,they are being taken over by aliens,LOL! The acting is not good and they pretty much act like idiots.I had high hopes too as I LOVE a good sci-fi ride but this isn't one,so sorry.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Seriously, the only possible explanation for this horrible, horrible, poorly written and ill conceived film's existence would have to be to make Battlefield Earth look GOOD!
My dear fellow ATSers and friends, I know this film is heavily promoted on this site...so, perhaps my post will be short-lived...but PLEASE allow me to help you ALL to save your time, money...and dignity by suggesting you avoid this truly awful film like the plague.
Don't make the same mistake I have just made this afternoon by seeing this over-hyped cinematic piece of trash. TRUST ME...you will thank me later! -TAT

Sorry that you have no imagination..Why don't you let people make their own decision? I just saw it and I loved it. It was lacking a plot basically but I dont really care about plots with alien invasion movies. I want to see aliens invading!

I will not be thanking you.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by l3363

The CGI was fair, however it was spotty and inconsistant in quality throughout the film. The action was really not worth the price of admission and the Skyline storyline was just inane. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news in this case, as you were planning to see this. This being a truly awful film was mine and my family's unanimous opinion...and we seldom agree where films are concerned.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Scientologists werent really responsible for battlefield earth (which is the worst movie i have ever seen). But it was an l.ron hubbard novel he wrote before the quack started scientology. But still dont really understand what skyline has to do with it, just that they are both really bad movies.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by l3363
Is it really that bad ? I was going to take the wife and see it this weekend. How about the action and the aliens ? are they any good ?

Don't listen to anyone. If you want to see it go see it and make your own opinion. Everyone I know loved The Fourth Kind and I hated it. I personally liked Skyline. It was lacking a plot but like I said earlier I just wanted to see aliens and well you do.

Go to an early or afternoon show if you don't want to pay full price.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
reply to post by IAMTAT

piece of trash

One mans trash is another s treasure.

I will see it just to judge for my self

exactly!
2nd line

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Alien WINS for the first time, thats pretty much the only thing I dig. Other than that, acting is poor, very very weak storyline. If you folks go watch it and expect to see "humanity triumph at the end, forget it.....this round belong to ETs. Lolz

edit on 12-11-2010 by the_0bserver85 because: additional

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

i hope aliens actually come and win for the first time so they can kill me and take my for some dumb reason so i never have to see skyline ever again. after that horrible movie the sweet release of death is would be a the best thing ever

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join