It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Directed Solar Flare Eruption Coming To An Electrical Grid Near You On 14th November...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
EARTH-DIRECTED ERUPTION: Active sunspot 1123 erupted during the early hours of Nov. 12th, producing a C4-class solar flare and apparently hurling a filament of material in the general direction of Earth.

Coronagraph images from NASA’s twin STEREO spacecraft show a coronal mass ejection (CME) emerging from the blast site and heading off in a direction just south of the sun-Earth line. The cloud could deliver a glancing blow to Earth’s magnetic field sometime on Nov. 14th or 15th, sparking auroras. Stay tuned for refined predictions later today when SOHO images of the CME become available.
www.spaceweather.com

What was that really important tipping point date again? It uses algorithms to predict future events, it predicted the 9/11 attacks, whats it called again? Didnt It say the tipping point was the 14th of November?...

edit on 12-11-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Buy your food, water and medicines now people.

Better to be safe than sorry

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Do you sell food, water and medicine by any chance?

This is a very minor event and it is not really Earth directed.
It just might be barely visible in this SOHO image at the 4-6 o'clock position with no sign of the "halo" effect which indicates it's headed for Earth:

STEREO B shows it as a very mild ejection directed well "south" of Earth.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

edit on 11/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol no I dont sell any food water or medicine

Can the direction of a flare change while it is in transit at all?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

The products of a CME can get redirected some, but I think it's a more in an east-west direction rather than north-south.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Wow...here we go again.

Another sensational thread declaring an 'event' that is not going to happen. I really think you need to do a little more reading and research before you start a thread. This small flare will have no affect on our electrical grid. Did you actually read that from a reliable source? Because if you will notice, the info you provided only said that it may increase auroras. That has nothing to do with the electrical grid.

I don't usually get on threads unless I have something nice to say, but come on. You are making a habit of this.

If you want to share some info, great. But your thread title is extremely misleading, and your comments about the food and water bit WAYYYY overboard. This serves a great discredit to the people that share relevant info regarding the sun. When there are so many threads like this, a lot of people are going to ignore it when something substantial really happens.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
C class flare is a pretty minor event. We had numerous earth directed flares (cme) much larger than that during the last solar maxum. Geo-effective X class flares is something to keep an eyeball on though.

Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project at ATS
edit on 12-11-2010 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list. Considering my health and all, every time one of these things happen I find myself gazing to the stars at night with hope to be able to see them ... but they never arrive and I'm always disappointed.

When I was a kid in Connecticut we'd have both the Northern and Southern lights. But I was too young to be able to stay awake long enough to be able to see them. I missed them all.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Thanks OP for the news S&F for your efforts to alert. I do think that the "mega" we would have to worry about would be released so fast with so much power it would travel here faster then it would be reported. Something to consider friends... Its only warning would be a beautiful global display of AURORAS mainly purple then orange in color then LIGHT

edit on 11/12/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I'm pretty sure we only have to worry about X class flares..
Even Ms aint that bad...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A C class flare is so small we won't even feel it, even if it is spewed directly at us. Even an M class isn't anything to worry about, they just give us nice light shows.

X class is our only worry, and only if it hits us directly. And maybe not even then. Maybe it depends on the strength of our magnetosphere. Not sure thought. All is still well.

It is a good idea to have a well stocked pantry though, just in case of other emergencies.

edit on 12-11-2010 by snowspirit because: adding

top topics

join