It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god's gonna cut you down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I bet you'll never, ever will hear me see this. I feel like I miss my old self. When I was a Christian. I became what i hate when I left my faith. When I was a Christian I was made fun of my faith. I was rude to few yet I and no one else should be disrespectful. I just miss the good ol' days. Maybe it's to late to become a Christian again.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I thought you wanted to be Jewish? It's never to late to change religions.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I have been doing soul searching. Yes I wanted to be Jewish. Because it clicked better since I lost my faith. Religion now seems to be a mad science experiment.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Same thing here but with my findings I think the church is the actual problem not the religion. I have been dealing with this in one of my own posts. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Three people that religion hop all in the same thread. How did that work out?

Well hopefully we will each find our right path to follow. Best of luck to you two.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Guilty as charged! Seriously it has to be one of the most confusing things to get a grasp on. maybe it is just faith that holds it all together. No faith=No religion? Who knows.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Then the question is what do you want to have faith in?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Religion now seems to be a mad science experiment.

Skepticism is the only way to go.

Pearlism maybe?

Physical Evidence And Reasoned Logic.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Uhm???
:shk: God doesnt REQUIRE you to go to church at all, so you should question why and more importantly WHAT you are going there for and I think you will find that regardless of all the godspeak that goes on that church is just a social exercise in helping building a community spirit of togetherness in ideaology [i.e our a-priori base attitude and outlook as a cultured civilization]!

Now, the reason why doesn't God require you to go to church as an a-priori requirement for your continued god blessed survival in this world and possibly the next IS because...

... being good is being good when no one else is around to see it as that is when you are literally your own authority and one doesn't require a church around to aknowledge this because God being literally omniscient, God already knew/knows what you did/do!

Oh and you haven't lost your faith at all...you still believe in you don't you???

FAITH is where we all start out [unethically so btw] and we haven't stopped since then [self evident as we are here yes?!] and here is the why of that...

Cogito ergo sum (by Rene Descartes) [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Please stop being so squeemish and make a descision you'd be comfortable dying with OK! WHY???
Because God is watching you right now!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

the thing is you dont need to be a religious christian, you need to be a spiritual christian, what jesus intended, a fundalmentalist who cares about being saved. It doesnt matter what they think, only what god thinks. God loves us all.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
IMO you are the most confused person here. I dont know if you start threads for responses, or attention, but there is NO connection to what you say or do.

If someone was to try to figure you out based on your threads they would be more confused than ever. You write to write. This is not a way to find yourself. But if this is your thing, then maybe you should figure yourself out, rather than post thread that contradicts everything that you have said in the past, or even the present.

Peace, NRE,

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

First of all it's never too late until you're dead. Second of all, Christianity isn't about going to church, it isn't about a holier-than-thou attitude or being able to recited the bible or look up any scripture in 60 seconds or less.

What it really is is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It's breathing a prayer in the morning, it's a thirst to understand as much as humanly possible about Him, it's always having a peace with you that most people could never understand, it's praying for your enemies and forgiving those that try to harm you or your faith. It's loving everyone and trying to see the good in all situations - even if at the time, you're left desolate, later on God reveals to you His plan in all this.
It isn't easy. Although you can backslide, it isn't something you can put on and take off like a coat. I personally believe that if your initial commitment was true, you are still His child, you've just backslidden and fallen into the mud. I know you were made fun of back when you claimed Christ, but the Bible says it best. We are strangers in the world, and the people of this world hate us for being different. At least we're not put to death anymore like we were in Roman times!
It IS a blessing, and a huge one at that. God allows his children to be tested and tempered, trying to purify us as gold is purified in the fire. Eventually you come out such a strong person though! As hard as my life has been, I wouldn't change a thing.

Please, U2U me if you have any questions. I'd love to talk with you more!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
At the end of his ministry, Jesus revealed to his disciples the purpose for what he had done up to that time.
He wanted them to share in a love for each other that was like the love he had for them and the love between himself and God.
A church would be a convenient way to possibly meet other Jesus believers in order to have a mutual Christ-like feeling towards each other.
If you go to such a place and over a period of years nothing of the like materializes, then there is the crux of the problem. It is not you, and it is not religion, or faith, or spirituality, it is the hardness of the hearts of men who think that being a Christian is going through the motions and making an appearance in the pew.
edit on 12-11-2010 by jmdewey60 because: fix punctuation

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Romantic_Rebel,

Don't be just fooling around and I do tell you this the Lord God does strive long with us that we might take hold of the salvation offered. He is True and Faithful and He wants you to be also. Here's a verse, please read -

2Co 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

There will come a time when He no longer strives with your heart, soul and spirit.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

Same thing here but with my findings I think the church is the actual problem not the religion. I have been dealing with this in one of my own posts. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

The words and actions of Christians themselves are most often a bigger thorn in the side of Christianity than anything atheists or those following other religions could say or do.

Most Christians do not study their Bibles, yet have an opinion on everything and end up doing more damage by saying stupid things. I have been guilty of this myself on more than one occasion.

I truly believe that if you seek God and the ways of Christ, you will find the answers you are looking for. Just be discerning of what any Christian says. I'm not saying that no one knows what they are talking about - many people can offer good insight into questions you may have, but research everything for yourself to make certain.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well... why do you want to believe?

It seems to me, if God does exist, he wouldn't want someone who had to make themselves believe.
False belief is false belief, right or wrong. If God knows your heart of hearts, then best to be honest with yourself.

Then, if when you do die you are judged, best to be able to admit you did the best you could.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Mark 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
God wants us to be a little more functional than we would be if we were in a state of not believing in anything.
I doubt that means believing in a particular religion as such, but a belief that God does things, whether it is just exactly like what the local professional holy man says God does, or not.
Jesus did practical things and then people could believe what they witness and attribute it to the power of God, or they can ignore it, or think it is a trick or maybe some other natural force that is not connected directly to any sort of god. So there is a thing, somewhere, that is evidential, even if it is something really small. That's a step, and then you can build on it, but you need to develop an intention to do that, to believe.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So, if I understand this correctly, if you make yourself to believe, in order to get something from God, he may grant you what you're praying for, right?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't understand the correlation of the thread title to the topic.

My God isn't punitive.

And Christ, my brother, was a teacher, human, and full of compassion for the human experience.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I don't think that is the right interpretation I would want someone to get from that post.
You don't make yourself, you allow the little message God is giving to sink in a little. I can not put myself up as an advocate for thinking of God as just some sort of wish-master. God does what He wants and let's say for example God wanted you to go to a particular place and do something that forwarded God's agenda in maybe a small sort of way, well isn't that special. For one thing, you wold be alive, that's nice, and you would not be so decrepit as to be completely useless in a given situation, that's nice too.

edit on 13-11-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join