It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no revolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

Originally posted by kennylee
I believe it is brewing, has been for a while. As more and more people lose their homes and can't feed their kids, it will come. It will be very bloody and one of the worst things this country has ever seen. A violent revolution is the last thing anyone should ever want, but like I said, it will come someday.

I wrote a song about the people standing up and the president standing down this morning. I can't sing but I hope the words get out. If you are interested here is the link. The lyrics are in the comment section if you want to follow along.

www.youtube.com...

I definitely agree with you on this. It will come and I believe it needs to come.

I also liked the song that you wrote, it has a good message in the lyrics. I doubt though that he will step down. However I especially liked that his slogan of change was used in the song.

edit on 11/12/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

Thank you first of all. And I agree that he won't step down. I wrote the song because I know of nothing else to do at this point. I am hoping that somehow someway he will see it though. I'm so freakin fed up with how our country is being destroyed, I wanted to start SOMETHING! Hopefully, somebody that can sing will take the song and make it sort of a theme song for Americans to finally Stand Up!

It's almost to the point that a revolution will be the only way to go I hate to say.
I guess at some point we will be able to start this country all over again. I'll be ready....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Thank you first of all. And I agree that he won't step down. I wrote the song because I know of nothing else to do at this point. I am hoping that somehow someway he will see it though. I'm so freakin fed up with how our country is being destroyed, I wanted to start SOMETHING! Hopefully, somebody that can sing will take the song and make it sort of a theme song for Americans to finally Stand Up!

It's almost to the point that a revolution will be the only way to go I hate to say.
I guess at some point we will be able to start this country all over again. I'll be ready....

Your welcome. Definitely agree it is extremely sad where our country is heading and something does need to happen to start the movement towards REAL CHANGE. Revolution will be the only way and the day our country starts all over again will be a beautiful day. We all must be ready!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Well I can see form the thread there most of the reasons are there, be it apathy, programming, theres not one simple answer.

However all this is irrelevant since even if all these where gotten rid off, NOTHING WOULD CHANGE. Even if you got 500,000 people in front of the white house what would happen? Riot cops would apear and beat the sh*t out of you all and that would be the end of it, and there in lies the problem.

They wouldnt do anything because they KNOW YOU WONT DO ANYTHING, its as simple as that, even the people that do fight back when the riot cops attack, dont really fight back, so they have NOTHING to fear. nothing what so ever, you cripple a few hundered cops in the first few hours, thing may be different but that would be "wrong", so here we are, and here we will stay.

They will use violence on us at the blink of an eye, and we will do nothing, at most hold up some signs and chant some slogans (because as we know this has fixed all of mankinds problems in the past!! (LOL!)). We just sit there & take it just like we've been trained to! That is why NOTHING will ever change, well not at least until we are all starving to death or dying from some man made disease,and are forced of our collective ass's but until we are ALL effected by the BS that makes this world work most if not all of us will DO NOTHING WHAT SO EVER.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The problem with revolutions is they don't end in freedom, at least not in the short term.

("Revolution" in "American Revolution" is a misnomer as that was actually a war of sectional independence, like the American Civil War, another misnomer).

Revolutions historically have basically gone down something like this:

1.) Conditions start to get bad. People are losing their homes, can't feed themselves, can't feed their families, and nobody cares because government doles have replaced charitable brotherhood so nobody thinks other people's problems are their problems. This strains the doles and conditions keep getting worse.

2.) Eventually the whole thing reaches a critical mass. Violence erupts. Government tries to maintain order but no longer has any legitimacy in the eyes of the people and is ineffective. General violence and terror and chaos is the order of the day.

3.) People get sick of the destruction in a pretty big hurry and begin to pine for order. Eventually they want order "at any cost". Some demagogue promises to bring order. The people rally behind him.

4.) Dictatorship ensues. Society becomes regimented like a big military unit. Freedom is abolished and people are monitored and dissent is crushed brutally. But the people love the order the dictator brings because the memory of the chaos is so fresh in their minds.

5.) Dictatorship fails eventually (how long varies historically, could be a few years to a century or more). People begin to want more liberties again, and liberty produces more material prosperity, creating a "virtuous cycle" resulting in people wanting even more freedom, which results in even more economic growth further weakening the dictatorship, etc. (sort of like what's been happening in China over the past few decades).

In short, revolutions aren't fun. If you want a revolution, be prepared to live under a dictator for a while.

edit on 15-11-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This reply isn't meant as an answer to the thread question...
i'm just adding more elements that people are considering before they reach their own tipping-point...

from my briefcase:

The list is extensive and includes hundreds if not thousands of individuals;
Wall Street executives who committed securities fraud and have still not
been indicted, the Federal Reserve under the leadership of Alan Greenspan,
which caused the global bubble, and virtually every politician that has
held office in Washington for several years.

Summers, Rubin, Weill, Emanuel, Gramm, Clinton, Gore, Bush, Cheney,
Rumsfeld, Mozilo, Fuld, Dimon, Blankstein, Lewis, Raines, Syron,
Greenberg and Cayne; these are just a few of the architects and benefactors
of America’s destruction. * ( i personally add Bernanke, Geithner, Paulson)

If these individuals are not brought to justice,
I can guarantee you the exploitation, pain and suffering will continue
indefinitely as a repeating cycle until you have been completely enslaved.
Some argue that this has already occurred.

Already, the evidence is clear that the U.S. is run not by a democracy,
but by a fascist government that partners with corporate America
* ( i say Goldman Sachs for one of the leadership) and the
wealthy elite. This crime syndicate has been in control of the U.S.
for many years, but has gained a particularly high level of control
over the past ten years.

source: www.marketoracle.co.uk...

* note- official poverty for a US individual is $10,956 in 2009
.......official poverty for a US individual was $ 9,645 in 2004

= each year required $261.80 per year to stay even,
but the CPI figuresthat rated the increases were based on the Jul-Aug-Sep figures
for the annual COLA, which was regular before Øbama
but has been suspended until after 2011... under the Øbama form of Austerity program

lets see, a WH aide leaks to the MSM that Øbama is stringently against any
permanent extension of the (Bush era) tax cuts for the Rich.
~news scroll- 6 AM, on CNBC, 15 Nov 2010~

I suppose that he is slowly going towards extending the tax cuts which are
scheduled to expire on 31 Dec 2010...except for the rich, that's the only
reason i can see for this mild leak from the WH aides.

see, just these 3 items affect or dis-affect different peoples situations in a variety of ways...
there is no single, unifying point that will galvanize the populace... we've been 'Balkanized'
over the decades
edit on 15-11-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I vote it won't happen because everyone is to secure in their material "secure" world to notice their illusion of freedom is falling apart.

Exactly. In other words, it's simply not bad enough yet. Once the grocery stores stop providing food, sh#t will really hit the fan. As long as we can maintain our current lifestyle, we will not act against anything. Once the masses are affected on a personal level, things will change rapidly.

In my opinion, it will go as follows: the Dollar collapses -> extreme global and domestic unrest -> explains the FEMA camps as well as the deployment of US troops at home -> war with Iran and not unlikely eventually with China -> World War III -> aftermath.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

It has been brewing, just wait until those social security checks do not come, then all hell will break loose, believe you that. I personally know former solders that have a small arsenal in their home, and, being former soldiers, they are not afraid to fight. Neither are the Militias all over the States. We are many, they are few. Never forget that. We the People gave them the power, they abused it, and used it to makes themselves rich. All that is missing is a flash point, just one good one, and I would not be in Washington D.C. for love or money.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by kennylee

It has been brewing, just wait until those social security checks do not come, then all hell will break loose, believe you that. I personally know former solders that have a small arsenal in their home, and, being former soldiers, they are not afraid to fight. Neither are the Militias all over the States. We are many, they are few. Never forget that. We the People gave them the power, they abused it, and used it to makes themselves rich. All that is missing is a flash point, just one good one, and I would not be in Washington D.C. for love or money.

They will keep coming, but at the cost of hyperinflation. When people cannot buy bread any longer, things will get pretty intense. Moreover, you are saying they are few - that means nothing. During the second world war, thousands of Russian prisoners of wars were guarded by very few German soldiers, yet it - if ever - happened that these soldiers dared to take control.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
three milions marched against Iraq war and war still happened...protest are not useful . ..we need huge individual non viloent action against the system happening by actions of many individuals in short time

top topics

<< 1   >>

join