It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun With Old Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A little messing around with the Heflin photos to see if I can get one of those wiggly 3-D images out of it. Partial success. Does it show a relatively large object far away, or a little object closer up? Can't tell.

edit on 11-11-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think I just had a seizure! j/k

Maybe next time don't shift the other image quite so much.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I think I just had a seizure! j/k
Maybe next time don't shift the other image quite so much.

Well, the center focus point of the image out in the field doesn't shift a lot. Concentrate on that. That's about where the saucer should be straight up from. Just the stuff that is closer to the camera(s) shifts. The closer it is, the more it shifts. That doesn't say anything about the saucer, though, because it could have moved to create the illusion of it being closer.

I can make the stable focus point any point in the photos, but believe me, if I use the saucer or the mirror, the whole thing shifts way worse and it really gives you a headache.

edit on 11-11-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

the bushes and the field behind it give a pretty good effect though. maybe if you skew or distort both images slightly it may work better. just my opinion though. keep at it!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Yeah, I need to fiddle with them more. Apparently, what happened was Heflin probably moved closer to the window for the second shot. That would be a natural reaction, and it would be odd if he moved further away from the window for the second shot. Anyway, if you want to do good 3-D, it's best to have both images taken from the same lateral distance, and he moved forward a little, so the images are distorted from each other, and don't quite match.

new topics

top topics

join