It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-German leader: Bush lying about Iraq in new book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ex-German leader: Bush lying about Iraq in new book

www.rawstory.com

Former President George W. Bush just isn't telling the truth, says one ex-world leader in a position to know.

In his new book Decision Points, Bush claims that former Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder offered him full-fledged support should he decide to invade Iraq.

Bush wrote that Schroeder told him, "What is true of Afghanistan is true of Iraq. Nations that sponsor terror must face consequences. If you make it fast and make it decisive, I will be with you."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For most, it doesn;t take a world-leader to figure out that Bush is lying in his new book. In fact, Bush lied so many times, it is expected that his book would be just another propaganda piece. However, it is at least good that Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder is speaking up.

Of course, Chancellor Schroeder could be making these claims for political reasons or to get out of the hot seat with the German people, though given Bush's history of lying through his teeth, I'm more inclined to believe this former German leader.

In fact, I wouldn't doubt it if the majority of the book was a heap of doo-doo. Normally, I would have interest in reading a book such as this, regardless of whether I liked the author (or subject of the book), though Decision Points, would seem like a huge waste of time, given the probability that most of it fairy-tales or propaganda, designed around some ulterior motive.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon, I love you, but we are not hanging out on the same ATS apparently. Many people don't believe Bush lied. They are going to come in here and tell you he didn't (or just avoid you). They always do. Hell, it seems the fool is making a comeback around these parts. Well, I remember that ass said there was WMD's in Iraq and if we didn't go get them they would come get us. That ass lied and thousands of good people died.

Most people in this country can't face the facts though-We are fighting for the dwindling of this planet. It's not freedom, it's not about democracy or capitalism. It's about resources. All these high ideals are simply man-made abstractions to justify the looting. So there will never be a discussion about this in the public. The government owned media is not going to talk about it (no, it's not liberal). The Tea Party isn't going to talk about it. Pelosi isn't going to say anything about it. No one in government will. It's not politically advantageous to talk about it.

But, you know people are going to get what they are asking for. Obama will be a one-term president and in 2012 you will get a new Neo-Con. That was the plan all along. We'll bomb Iran and kill a few thousand more people. People will write similar books about that ass and we'll be here doing the same thing all over.

Is there another planet I can go to?

edit on 11-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR

edit on 11-11-2010 by antonia because: RAWR again

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Airspoon, I love you, but we are not hanging out on the same ATS apparently. Many people don't believe Bush lied. They are going to come in here and tell you he didn't.

Plus the thing about it, they think he is a christian, like them and church goer. These peopel think bush was good, lol.

Its amazing how the image of this man was made and peopel just beleive, like tony blair. Amazes me that religious leaders that should be thinkers applaud this guy.

Sick world.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I sure would not want to be in George W Bush's shoes, ultimately he could be held accountable for some of the worst crimes in U.S. and world history.

He has a compelling reason to get out ahead of that and try to stay out ahead of that, and to shape the story and public opinion to the greatest extent he can.

In a nation divided along party and religious lines, as long as he can mantain some kind of credibility within some of those circles he has a good chance of staying one step ahead of the hangman.

He knows he has a lot to answer for, and getting out ahead of the questions, and asking them himself of himself before a International Tribunal or Congressional Committee does is going to be key to him in the long uncertain years he has to face for the remainder of his life.

I don't see Obama rushing to undo or repeal Bush era laws, the Patriot Act, the FISA Acts, Homeland Security, the TSA or any of these other Nazi, liberty infringing organizations he created to turn America into a paranoid police state for the sake of a fascist Military Industrial, Security Industrial and Prison Industrial complex dominated system of governance.

Obama really is four more years of George Bush!

I wish people would stop buying those rose colored glasses.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The guy lies every time his lips move. Just like his daddy, remember, "READ MY LIPS, no new taxes!!".

Like father, like son. Just watch their lips, thats how you know when either of them are telling a lie.
edit on 11-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: TYPO

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Great, more holes in this ill educated morons tale of woe . If anyone is still questioning George Bush's guilt in terms of his BS regarding the Iraq war, and wider war on terror, then that demographic might need to have a serious rethink about misplaced loyalties.
Its becoming clearer and clearer as time wears on , that all George was ever good for, was digging increasingly large holes , and jumping in head first (one can only assume that the head first approach was used to protect vital organs that he actualy USES from impact and compression damage).

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
bush hasnt and wasnt any better then any other third world dictator in my opinion
i still have a hard time understanding when seeing people defend him

pride and glory often blinds
but
so does lies up on lies upon lies upon lies,...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
bush hasnt and wasnt any better then any other third world dictator in my opinion
i still have a hard time understanding when seeing people defend him

People defend Bush because they have an emotional investment in the ideology he espoused. They believe he was a conservative when infact he was a corporate Fascist with a "good ole boy" demeanor that chumped them out.

A clear case of people letting their ideology get in the way of their common sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Bush, a liar? You must be a "terrorist sympathizer".

Study: Bush, aides lied 935 times in run-up to war

"In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003," reads an overview of the examination, conducted by the Center for Public Integrity and its affiliated group, the Fund for Independence in Journalism.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't see Obama rushing to undo or repeal Bush era laws, the Patriot Act, the FISA Acts, Homeland Security, the TSA or any of these other Nazi, liberty infringing organizations he created to turn America into a paranoid police state for the sake of a fascist Military Industrial, Security Industrial and Prison Industrial complex dominated system of governance.

Obama really is four more years of George Bush!

Nothing you mentioned was created by any US President. None of it was conceived in the mind of any politician. Politicians at all levels simply obey the orders of whoever is really in charge. Blaming Bush for creating the Homeland Security Department is like blaming Moses for the ten plagues of Egypt, and expecting Obama to undo any of it is like expecting Moses to give that Pharaoh his first-born son back. Obama, like every President, does what he's told. They all have zero power, zero decision-making ability. They are scapegoats and puppets so we don't go after the jackals who are actually responsible for everything you listed (and no, I do not mean the Legislative Branch, which is run by lobbyists working for the real powers of the world). You want hope? You want change? Better start looking outside America, because that's where those suppressing hope and change live. "Decision Points" is just more propaganda designed to convince you that everything I just told you is wrong. "I'm the decider! I make the decisions!"

Bull#.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Ah if only you knew what I knew, great news you can, because I sure do love to share it here on ATS here are but a few popular examples...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the truth is that while there are a good number of members on ATS who understand to various degrees about the Shadow Government and the International Oligarchs who truly run our nation and the world, the vast bulk of members still are deeply entrenched in left/right politics, and do see a solution through them.

These people may never give up the myths and the illusions of that system, but they like everyone else have to learn to walk before they can run.

So just getting them to see that something isn't quite what it seems becomes the fist crucial step.

Trying to keep political breaking news stories that attract a lot of the members who are here just to take part in left/right politics focused in on a level that they will accept and can understand and pointing out the obvious flaws often is what will then lead someone trapped in the left/right political divide to taking that next step.

Thanks for sharing the link, if you enjoyed and learned something from that, you are likely really going to appreciate the threads I linked above.

edit on 11/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I happen to believe that the Bush family (to include GWB), is a staple of the "shadow government", whatever you believe the shaddow government to be. It becomes pretty evident when looking back through history and the things that the Bush/Walker families took part in (or the positions they held at key moments).

With that, I do not believe GWB to be a mere puppet who was simply following orders from some shadowy cabal. Was GWB, as President, running the show? Certainly not, though I do think that he was/is one of many running the show, therefore I do blame (along with his family and others) for the depletion of our freedoms and way of life.

FWIW, I do not believe GWB to be stupid or moronic, as so many people seem to believe. You should have seen him as Texas Governor and even before that. This whole idiotic persona only came out after he was installed into the Presidency. I believe that it was all an act, to cast an illusion over his eliteness and to help his administration get away with things that they got away with. I think they learned a few lessons after the Iran/Contra/hostage/coc aine affair. I might add that it is quite effective, as so many people still use that as an excuse. I can't tell you how many times I hear people argue that Bush was too stupid to plan the Iraq war around a lie (and everything involving the Iraq war, such as the insurgency) or even the 9/11 cover-up. His evilness was cloaked by his fake moronic persona.

Also, people tend to think that he didn't intend for everything to happen as it did, rather it things happened as they did because we had a moron for a President. Instead of believing that Bush knew exactly what he was doing, which would imply criminal actions, they simply believe he was too stupid and thus our country and economy took a hit because of his contempt, as opposed to his criminal intent.

Do I blame Bush for our state of affairs? Absolutely, though I'm under no illusion that it is solely the fault of GWB. I think that he is a player, as opposed to a mere passenger.

--airspoon

top topics

join