It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Back At Ya: Bush rebuff to Chirac over Turkey

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
heres some french military history for ya.
- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

Dude you are killing me

Nothing like a world power wannbe throwing her weight around.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

How can you compare the two countries? One is serveral thousand years old, the other is several hundred. We lost three wars so far, Korea, Vietnam, ok, I'll say two since some would say Iraq is still winnable. By winning, I say acheiving the goals of the conflict. If we continue at that rate, we'll lose a war every couple of hundred of years, far outdoing your French history timeline.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

How can you compare the two countries? One is serveral thousand years old, the other is several hundred. We lost three wars so far, Korea, Vietnam, ok, I'll say two since some would say Iraq is still winnable. By winning, I say acheiving the goals of the conflict. If we continue at that rate, we'll lose a war every couple of hundred of years, far outdoing your French history timeline.

It's inaccurate to say Korea was lost if upon entering our role was to maintain status quo. In terms of territory there, we actually made territorial gains against the previous 38th parallel.

But Ivan was wrong with respect to WWI. We really didn't "save" France militarily. The war was primarily won by the French and Brits. We provided help, and 115,000 Americans suffered casualties, but it's inaccurate to say we saved them.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Eastern_Diamondback]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

Originally posted by GriBiT

Originally posted by Bleys

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
When exactly did france save americas a$$ I seem to remember the United states saving their a$$ in WW2.

Ever hear of little thing called the Revolutionary War?

Please elaborate. I'm interested in some of the facts, what did France contribute to the US winning its independence? I tried searching the web and found nothing. I don't really know too much about this war and you seem to.

Is this a joke? If you don't know, and you're American, then shame on you. But maybe this will help a little:

www.historyplace.com...

www.historyplace.com...

Shame on me! I can't know everything. I know plenty about the revolutionary war, but not all the specifics of Frances involvement. That's what I wanted you to elaborate on! I checked our your links, Thanks for those. They still don't go into too much detail, which is what I was asking. I know they were on our side and helped with arms and such. So sorry to ask you for your knowledge since we're here to find out such things.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I can tell you that WE (Europe) defenetly don't need his advice and he should back off. Im happy Chirac stoop up. No one in Europe listens to what Bush says, luckely and I hope no one will do anymore so he looses the elections.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join