It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German sketch-plains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Look on this intresting WW2 plain and see some of american flying plains!

Ar TEW

All Images Originally Produced by www.luft46.com...

Arado Ar E.555 serie

Arado Ar E.560

Arado Ar E.581.4

Arado Ar E.654

Arado Ar Projekt

Arado Ar Projekt II

Arado Ar TEW 16 43-15

Arado Ar TEW 16 43-19

Arado Ar TEW 16 43-19 nachtjager

Arado Ar TEW 16 43-19 schnellbomber

Arado Ar TEW 16 43-19 Zertorer

Arado TEW 16 43-23

Arado

BV P.202 (don't understan what is it?)

Ar e.530

fw1144-1

GO P.60 C

Go P.60B

Gotha Go P.60A

HeS 011 jet

HO XVIII A (seems exactly like b-2)

hsp75e

Mistel (jet powered) lower component project

P.209.01

Weserflug P.1003 1

[edit on 11-7-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
think about it some og this plain are flying today like experimental models (for example x-progect), but in those days engeners do not have computer and calculeter. All calculations was on paper. German engeners was exelent scientist and best in the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wow, a nice selection of planes. But I think I've seen some of these on ATS before though.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yes the Germans had some good designs and smart people to bad they had an idiot for a ruler who thought he could take over the world and he might of if some of those designs had been produced in time but thast another story

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
These seem to be images taken from www.luft46.com... , there are many more image on that website if anybody is interested.

I especially like the german "UFO"

www.luft46.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You forgot Silver Bird the germans plan for a orbital bomber in WW2 america hasnt even built one yet that they addmit too atleast but I wouldnt be surprized if they have on in the black projects. Im sure theres better sketchs of it but this was the first I found.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
A variable wing aircraft like the BV P202 (in photo - Me p 1109 - which one?) was tested by NASA only a few years ago and was said to work perfectly. It is a similar idea to a normal "swing wing" aircraft like the F-14 Tomcat, except the whole wing is one pece and swings instead of each wing swinging back and forward.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I didn't of an Arado German plane producer; I knew only Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Dornier und Junkers;
Any data on Arado?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
ShadowXIX, the Sanger spaceplane was designed in the 20s before they even knew anything about supersonic effects (eg, the joys of compressibility). The aerodynamics just wouldn't work - NASA learned much from the X-15 (a descendant of rocket technology pilfered from the Nazis). In fact, the original concept for the X-15 was sketched on a napkin during a lunch break at a conference. But this was some time after they had begun to learn about supersonic effects.

The Sanger was designed to be able to complete one (1) circuit of the earth, ie a suborbital flight around half the world (dropping a dirty bomb on New York or other major US city) and then skipping its way to a re-entry back over Europe, where the plane would be ditched and the pilot would eject for recovery. In other words, the thing was a throwaway space bomber. What we would use these days is an ICBM. No point in putting a human in it and giving it wings if you can't at least recover it!

Von Braun, however, was keenly interested in making a manned, winged version of the V-2 which would have a big first stage to lob it into suborbit. That design shares many commonalities with the X-15, aside from the first stage, which was replaced by a B-52. In fact, the spaceplane concept was supposed to take American pilots (eventually) into space, which it did - some of the X-15 flights topped 100km. It was only the Russians putting an angry cat down everybody's pants with their huge rocket that force NASA to hastily respond with a Mercury-Redstone launch. As a result, we have a legacy of ridiculous cost and excess for space programs with governments' insistence on using 1960s technology to launch satellites, manned missions etc.

But do check out the HyperSoar / FALCON thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
I didn't of an Arado German plane producer; I knew only Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Dornier und Junkers;
Any data on Arado?

Arado has the distinction of producing the worlds first jet powered bomber, the Arado Ar234 which actually flew in combat during WW2.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Although this thread is nearly 20 years old, the names TEW 16/43-13, TEW 16/43-15 and TEW 16/43-23 cited for a handful of Arado backswept wing fighter aircraft designs from 1943 are actually drawing numbers by Arado, and these were used for the R-Jaeger, K-Jaeger, and TL-Jaeger respectively. The drawing of a night fighter iteration of one Arado two-seat fast combat aircraft at the Luft46 entry titled "Arado Ar TEW 43-16/19" is pure fantasy by Justo Miranda because all iterations of the Arado multi-purpose combat aircraft using the TL 1500 engine layout studied by Arado in June 1943 had a nose section similar to that of the E.560 tactical jet bomber project.

The Arado E.530 was Arado's submission for the late 1942 Schnellstbomber competition that was won by the Dornier Do 335 (the Messerschmitt Me 309Z and Junkers EF 109, EF 110, EF 111, and EF 112 were also submitted for the competition, but too lost out to the Dornier design).

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

don't remember the designation. proposed intercontinental bomber.

edit: Focke-Wulf TA-400
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add useful info

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Lot of luft 46 stuff was either fantasy or taken from sketches on napkins or designer notes mixed with a few prototypes or test models.Was a big thing back in the day when flight sims like Il2 Stumovich 1946 were popular.

top topics

join