It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to Elliot Spitzer: "Your Personal Agenda Is Getting In The Way Of You Being A Good Broadc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Wow, Rand handled himself fairly well for someone as green as he is, it's almost like he's been doing this for years.

I never was a fan of Spitzer, he just seems like someone who does what he is told to do and I often don't agree with anything he says.

But going over every dept. or process and seeing what can be cut live?
I mean is that something that any viewer would fall for?

What do you think the general impression of viewers will be after watching this show?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I saw the whole interview, and he did not handle anything, just dodged a lot of questioning. . I don't care who the interviewer was and if he has an agenda. That is a journalists job, to uncover truth by prying it out. He didn't defame him in his questioning. Paul was very effective at shifting the focus off of him without answering a damn thing. It should make you wonder when politicians avoid questioning and turn it upside down on the interviewer. His tactics are getting in the way of him being a trustworthy man. He is obligated to explain himself, he's a member of the government, and works for the American people now.
edit on 10-11-2010 by patent98310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Too many of the candidates in this last election (especially Republicans and Tea Partiers) ran away from media trying to ask them questions instead of facing their critics.

I've never seen so many media shy candidates in an election cycle before, usually the candidates are going for all the exposure they can.

In a cycle where they were big on opposition banging but very short on new ideas as to how to fix anything, it's hardly surprising they didn't want to talk to the press.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by patent98310
I saw the whole interview, and he did not handle anything, just dodged a lot of questioning. . I don't care who the interviewer was and if he has an agenda. That is a journalists job, to uncover truth by prying it out. He didn't defame him in his questioning. Paul was very effective at shifting the focus off of him without answering a damn thing. It should make you wonder when politicians avoid questioning and turn it upside down on the interviewer. His tactics are getting in the way of him being a trustworthy man. He is obligated to explain himself, he's a member of the government, and works for the American people now.
edit on 10-11-2010 by patent98310 because: (no reason given)

I think Spitzer was unreasonable in his line of questioning.

If Rand was sitting there with a budget in front of him, it would have been appropriate to ask him specifics on programs.

However, it is unreasonable to pick out specific programs and ask for specific numbers on what Rand would cut without Rand having any way to look at the actual budgetary numbers.

It's like asking a brand new CEO to give specifics about what specific changes he's going to make to a corporations production line without the CEO having gone over the data yet or having that data in front of him.

Rand Paul makes the point that in order for cuts to actually take place, you first have to force the politicians into a position where they have to make cuts. That comes from a balanced budget amendment.

Rand was also clear that he would produce a 1 year balanced budget shortly - after which time he would be able to give more specifics about what programs he wants to cut.

Rand is a politician after all, so he has to be able to come out and say:

"I would cut 400 billion from entitlements here, here, and here, but I would also cut 400 billion in war spending here, here, and here." - this way he can appear equally evil to all sides, yet equally good to all sides.

edit on 10-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I think Spitzer was unreasonable in his line of questioning.

If Rand was sitting there with a budget in front of him, it would have been appropriate to ask him specifics on programs.

However, it is unreasonable to pick out specific programs and ask for specific numbers on what Rand would cut without Rand having any way to look at the actual budgetary numbers.

It's like asking a brand new CEO to give specifics about what specific changes he's going to make to a corporations production line without the CEO having gone over the data yet or having that data in front of him.

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? THIS GUY JUST GOT ELECTED TO A NATIONAL OFFICE, AND HE DOESNT HAVE A PLAN!

I found this thread by searching for Spitzer/Rand after seeing it on the Daily Show.

Spitzer owns Rand in this! I dont know what you guys are watching....Rand ran on a platform of cutting big .gov. So Spitzer gives him a big opportunity to say what he would cut, and Paul DOESNT EVEN HAVE AN ANSWER, BECAUSE HE IS AFRAID TO ALIENATE ANY OF HIS VOTERS! After the big hoopla of his flip flop last week, hes now gunshy.

So far, Rand is looking like a nearly uneducated jackass that is trying to protect his own best interests. Did you see the look on his face when Spitzer revealed how much he made from Medicare!!! And Rand Paul is against cutting Medicare payments to doctors!! LOL how "rich"!

top topics

join