It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-cola boycott,,,, Ben Bernanke owns 60%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You wanna do something simple to send a message.
Boycott Coca Cola products

www.philipbrennan.net...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Do some research.

There is no one that owns 60 % of coca cola.

Big Red , new your stock exchange symbol KO, has about 15% owned by insiders. and 9% owned by SunTrust Bank

The largest single share holder is Berkshire Hathaway with about 200 million shares or about 8% of the company.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Am looking into it atm.
2nd

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Its seems owners and shareholders vary from country to country,Heres top twenty shareholders Amitil Aus

ar07.reports.ccamatil.com.au...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That's interesting! Talk about eugenics!

Check out this statement from the Coca-Cola company's website:

Rumor: Soft drinks cause dehydration, leading to cancer This particular rumor claims that 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated, and that by drinking five glasses of water each day, the risks of certain types of cancer are greatly reduced. The dehydration is blamed on the substitution of soft drinks for water in many Americans' diets.

Our Response: All beverages are a source of water. In addition, many foods provide additional water. Soft drinks, like other beverages and foods, are sources of water. The vast majority of healthy people adequately meet their daily hydration needs by consuming beverages at meals and otherwise letting thirst be their guide, according to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS).The NAS report refers to total water, which includes the water contained in beverages and the moisture in foods, to avoid confusion with drinking water only. The reference level of nearly 4 quarts for adult men and nearly 3 quarts for adult women per day covers the expected needs of healthy, sedentary people in temperate climates.

Products and Packaging Rumours

That statement is just opposite of the research.
Soda Drinkers Have a Higher Cancer Risk

The Real Dangers of Soda and Your Kids

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I stopped drinking cola some years ago - when a friend of mine who was working with metal, and happened to have access to some of the pre-diluted cola ingredient, told me it burned the metal!

However, I'm in. I will boycott all Coca Cola products. In any case, whether or not Bernanke is a major shareholder, Coca Cola is a symbol of US corporatism. That works for me.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I like the idea of boycotting the big banks, really if everyone took the money out of those places and put them into local banks then the world could change, for good or bad, by putting the power of money in other people's hands.

The idea that Ben owns 60% of Coca Cola is crazy as the above posters have pointed out all shares are accounted for.

Where the idea comes from is the QE2 the FED started, when a product is strictly traded in dollars then it is pegged to the dollar going up or down. When the dollar falls the profits of KO and many other like McDonalds and OIL go up because those products just got cheaper for the rest of the world. Since the FED not Ben just did a round of 600 billion then we should see some good days for those stock. I saw somewhere there is a coloration of .8 or 80% of the time the FED does QE, KO stocks go up.

Or it came from KO just issuing some debt by way of bonds and the terms of those bonds depend on Treasury yields as of November 15.

Or someone was just making up the number to boycott acidic sugar water......

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
You wanna do something simple to send a message.
Boycott Coca Cola products

www.philipbrennan.net...

I really hate it when somebody posts on ATS information that is so false it's below excrement grade.

Congrats.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well i cant find anything other than the link in the op that says he owns 60%.However you will see that the big nastys own most of the Aus market in the second link.
Boycotting coca cola will at least thin their pockets out a bit.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here are the largest percentage holders of Coca-Cola [Number of Shares Held - June 30, 2010]

Top Institutional Holders:

BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY, INC 200,000,000

VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 83,514,535

STATE STREET CORPORATION 79,875,165
FMR LLC 64,911,266

Capital World Investors 59,719,200

BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, N.A. 58,430,922

SUNTRUST BANKS, INC. 57,159,832

NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION 30,195,975

Bank of New York Mellon Corporation 24,163,265

JP MORGAN CHASE & COMPANY 21,485,415

Top Mutual Fund Holders

FIDELITY CONTRAFUND INC 23,539,691

VANGUARD TOTAL STOCK MARKET INDEX FUND 21,893,553

VANGUARD 500 INDEX FUND 21,270,038

WASHINGTON MUTUAL INVESTORS FUND 20,135,000

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust 16,803,931

VANGUARD INSTITUTIONAL INDEX FUND-INSTITUTIONAL INDEX FD 16,544,783

GROWTH FUND OF AMERICA INC 14,555,000

COLLEGE RETIREMENT EQUITIES FUND-STOCK ACCOUNT 11,889,167

DAVIS NEW YORK VENTURE FUND 10,389,565

GMO Quality Fund 10,288,200

It is a publicly traded company. Not only is this accusation rediculous, but do you really believe he could run a Fortune 500 Company plus be Federal Reserve Chairman?

The internet is really starting to be filled with nothing but garbage blogs.

Data

top topics

join