It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive decided to jump into the world of science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have always been facsinated with science, the stars, evoloution and how things work around us, i think in this day and age science has never been more important, so ive decided to start a University course on Science, starting at pretty basic things and then progressing onto higher and more facsinating things (including astronomy which i love)

This is going to be a interesting couple of years

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I have always been facsinated with science, the stars, evoloution and how things work around us, i think in this day and age science has never been more important, so ive decided to start a University course on Science, starting at pretty basic things and then progressing onto higher and more facsinating things (including astronomy which i love)

This is going to be a interesting couple of years

Haydn_17 best of luck to you. I did not take many science courses in high school and when jumping into biology/chemistry in college it was a shock. The courses are hard and require much more time studying than most of the other courses. I love science and I am constantly thinking of new theories and what not, no matter how crazy they may seem. Some people fly right through these courses with straight A's, become doctors and dentist, but I cant seem to make above a B in most of the classes, no matter how much I study. If I were you, since you love astronomy take on that course range and a few bio classes will most likely be in the category. If you just don't LOVE research work/papers/massive amounts of studying, then I don't suggest you take that route.

Best of luck

bcm

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Good for you!! You should never stop learning new things if possible.

I took physics / Chemistry / Biology at A-Level (College) but the maths involved in the physics part put me off of the whole thing

As a useless bit of trivia, I know someone that has a PHD in Astrophysics from Cambridge university that now works as a tattoo artist, it's a strange world!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Good for you man, I decided about a year ago to do something similar, majoring in astrophysics. I'm taking calculus and physics classes right now and i hope to transfer to either UCLA or UCI next year. It goes by pretty quick.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the messages, ive always studied IT, and its getting a bit monotomous, i fancy a change of scenary, i want to be able to walk outside and understand the world around me.

Thanks again

This is going to be brilliant

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I'm glad for you. Maybe you can help raise the intelligence level on ATS. Sometimes I feel like I'm all alone in understanding science around here!

It’s a little frustrating being a scientist for a living and having a bunch of maroons argue with you based on pseudo scientific crap they saw on youtube.

new topics

top topics

join