It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush's memoirs reveal how he considered attacks on Iran and Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

George Bush's memoirs reveal how he considered attacks on Iran and Syria

www.guardian.co.uk

George Bush ordered the Pentagon to plan an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities and considered a covert attack on Syria, the former president reveals in his memoirs.

Bush, in the 497-page Decision Points, a copy of which was obtained by the Guardian in advance of its publication in the US tomorrow, writes of Iran: "I directed the Pentagon to study what would be necessary for a strike." He adds: "This would be to stop the bomb clock, at least temporarily."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I did a quick search prior to posting this and I didn't see anything similar to this particular story, so my apologies if this has been posted already by someone else but I thought it was better to have it posted at least twice than not at all.

I haven't got much to add here, instead I felt this news was more than worthy of being posted but I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised by this revelation to be honest, especially since it's come from G.W.Bush himself, I mean attacking Iran and it's nuclear facilities, not to forget an attack on Syria for whatever reason would surely be seen as a massively dumb move would it not? Even by George Bush's standards, and he set the bar pretty high might I add. I mean, just what the hell was he thinking here?

Anyway, In hindsight of the release of some of his memoirs, I don't suppose the term war criminal would be any stretch of the imagination anymore, even by George Bush followers.

Any thoughts?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I cant believe the things that are coming out of this book, he really seems to have no idea of the implications of what he is saying or is trying to influence Obama`s foreign policy. Either way the man is a monster

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
To be honest I am not all that surprised that he ordered for contingency plans to be written up in case he decided that an attack was necessary. However, it is an interesting move for him to disclose such classified information so soon after he left office, and whilst the issue of Iran is still of great importance for Obama. Sabotage? Or the confessions of a man trying to demonstrate that he in fact can grasp morality, and the principle of honesty (in stark contrast to his behaviour throughout his administration, may I add).

Hopefully this does not cause more conflict between the US and Iran. I would love to see Ahmadinejad recognised as a legitimate president, or at the very least, see Iran recognised as a developing country, and for the sanctions that have been hindering their progress as nation for the past thirty years to finally be lifted .
edit on 9-11-2010 by leprapom because: Poor syntax xD

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This really shows how much control the neocons had over Bush. The fact that they would influence his thinking to a degree that he would be willing to destroy the fragile relationships we have with many middle east countries and widen the war in order to appease their fetish need for military action is appalling.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
WHAT? Iran sympathizers? Do you even know what goes on over there? Did you not see the riots in Tehran? Where the people fought their corrupt government for days with stones and fire vs guns and armor? We go around crusading, talking about freeing the people of corruption, yet we wont help a nation who tried to overthrow the gov. themselves and failed? Do you know how the protests ended in Tehran? A muslim leader told the people to kill protesters.. that they were infidels... and the next day there were no more videos coming out of Iran.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kronnikx

I certainly do not agree with what has been going on in some parts of Iran. The problem for me lies in the sanctions placed on the nation, which will inevitably effect the people of the nation to a greater extent than the government. Sure, we should be supporting the nation, but in a way that is conducive to progress; engaging their government in diplomacy, rather than harsh rhetoric and providing them with resources through trade agreements. I highly doubt that the nation would respond warmly to obvious American intervention, as American intervention is what has precipitated revolutions in the past from my knowledge of their history.

Is it not the place of a developed nation to support developing ones rather than to tell them how they should be running their own nation?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
First of all , what is key here is that America, under Bush , was seeking methodologies which would allow them to attack nations who were nothing to do with the war on terror. These attacks were not attacks on terror cells in the area, but attacks he was having planned, against nations who , while having questionable home affairs, and having animosity toward the west, were NOT actualy involved in any action against the USA either directly or otherwise.
This would have been a premeditated, unprovoked act of war. If anything George Bush has pointed out, even more starkly and clearly , that he should never have been at the helm of anything more important than a litter picking device, and possibly the tv remote. Even in his attempts to explain himself, he digs himself an ever deeper chasm from which to climb.
These revalations prove beyond any doubt that under his control, Americas world veiw, and its foreign affairs policies would have been as violent and terrible no matter what the circumstances ended up being, and no matter which nations ended up under the hammer of war.
If there was ever any doubt that George W. Bush is a megalomaniacal , malignant little dwarf with the moral fortitude of a dead cat, then it has been firmly eliminated , by his own word no less.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
For anyone that has done their research, George W. Bush is a liar, thief and all around nasty person.

History, if recorded accurately, I believe, will back up my viewpoint.

While George W. Bush was touting his tax cuts, mostly for his rich pals,

Middle class Americans with a little money to invest were put in a bind.
They had 4 options:

- Spend their money.
- Put their money under a mattress.
- Put their money in a FDIC insured CD with a yield lower than inflation rates.
- Hand their money over to Wall Street in order to get reasonable earnings on their money.

As you can see, middle class Americans with a little spare change were being squeezed by George W. Bush. The fact that FDIC insured CD interest rates were being artificially lowered by the FED was nothing more than a tax increase on Americans wanting a secure FDIC insured CD with a fair return on their money, but that's just the beginning of "The Great George W. Bush Tax Increase."

George W. Bush was determined to be a two term President and didn't want to be like his father and serve one term because of a recession, but George W. Bush had a huge problem. How was he going to decimate our manufacturing base increase the trade deficit and spur the economy all at the same time? Well starting a phony war in Iraq would help spur the economy, but he knew that wouldn't be enough, but if he could steal enough money from middle America and hand it over to his rich pals they could spur the economy by building homes and sell these homes with creative financing. The perfect plan, all home grown and he could still export our manufacturing base and increase our trade deficit all at the same time.
Well George W. Bush managed to keep the economy stumbling a long and did what his dad couldn't do; he got elected to a second term.

It was during his second term George W. Bush realized his perfect plan was about to explode in his face. He knew there was a mortgage/housing crisis and the only way to solve it was to steal some more money from Middle Americans and transfer it to his rich Wall Street pals. So how could George W. Bush keep his Wall Street pals solvent? Easy, just convince the American people to privatize Social Security

The privatization of Social Security would in the short term, dump money on Wall Street, keep it solvent; make his Wall Street pals that had already received huge tax cuts, even richer. Problem solved, but the American people, thank goodness, didn't buy into his plan to transfer more of Middle America's wealth to his rich Wall Street pals. Game over. We all know what happened next, Wall Street collapsed and we bailed them out, the value of our 401K's plummeted and the cost of that to American people was, by some estimates $7.4 trillion and I consider this the largest tax increase in the history of the United States of America, courtesy of George W. Bush.

Source: www.hillbillyreport.org...

I have numerous books on George W. Bush Jr. and the guy is a real smuck, a liar, cheat, thief, drunk, arrogant, self-centered, selfish, mean and dumb individual.

He encompasses all the worst qualities a single human being can possess.

And he's not even hesitant to tell you all in his memoirs how he screwed over the American People and our country.

Most people bashing our current President do not realize that it takes approximately 5 years for a president's policies he / she signs into office to begin to take effect.

Obama is simply George W. Bush Jr.'s "clean up person", the one stuck trying to straighten out the nightmarish mess George Jr and his administration left our country in.

He proclaimed faith in God, even referring to himself as a Christian, but his conduct in very important matters has been anything but.

The war has claimed many lives and usurped over 1 trillion in tax dollars, with the President requesting tens of billions more. Congress, inexplicably, has given him a blank check, underwritten by your tax dollars, for a war the White House lied to the public regarding.

If he had told people what he was truly doing with that war they would have told him: you can't control that rambunctious region nor its assets and you're going to send the U.S. economy in a terrible tailspin, from which it may never fully recover.

But, moving on from the spilled blood milk for a second. Let's look at some other lesser, but important factors, in where the nation is headed.

Record Number of Citizens Lose Their Homes to Foreclosure

This year a record 3 MILLION Americans have lost their homes, breeding the worst mortgage crisis in U.S. history that George Bush does not have the mental capacity to fix.

Said mortgage crisis has caused foreign banks with a culminated trillions in assets to pull out of American financial institutions, freeze assets abroad and adopt a, "We're not lending you anymore money until we see where this crisis is going" attitude.

The U.S. dollar has decreased in value. So much so that the Euro and Pound have soared and last week, the Canadian dollar caught up with the U.S. dollar for the first time since 1976. That can be interpreted as erasing 30 years of progress

Over the last month, economists who don't use crib sheets have rendered some dire predictions as to where they think the economy is headed. Yet Bush in his weekly radio addresses continues to declare the economy is "strong."

Which economy are you looking at? You do realize the £ is not the same as the $ sign.

Citizens are suffering. There is no way Bush's daze of denial is going to help matters. Since when did denial ever solve a problem?

At the beginning of the 20th century, the world entered it with Britain being number one. By the end of the 20th century, America was number one. Citizens and immigrants from all over, engaged in free enterprise, started businesses and became success stories, and thus the American Dream was born.

You however, Mr. Bush, adopted a terrible financial philosophy on how to run a country...into the ground. You started a costly deceitful war; spent money like it was going out of style and took care of the corporations that were trampling the citizens.

Banking Industry Allowed To Gouge And Swindle Citizens

You left the banking industry unregulated at the worst possible time in history - during the country's most expensive war. There were credible reports coming out from all over the country of deceitful banking practices gouging citizens and swindling their homes and you did nothing.

Because in your mind, corporations and big business come first, which is a stupid financial motto, but clearly one you live by.

Banks took predatory lending to new extremes during your administration. They knew the ally they had in you and gouged the financial life out the country's citizens.

Americans were enticed with low introductory new loan and refinance rates, didn't grasp what they were truly signing and now people who had $600 mortgages are being told THIS YEAR their new mortgage payment is $1,800 per month. How do you expect them to pay that or do you just not give a hoot because your bills are paid.

I know people that this has happened to. There were even people on the national news protesting that they are going to lose their homes to this. MANY CITIZENS ALREADY HAVE. The banks are putting the squeeze on citizens all over the country, left, right and center.

But you, Mr. President, allowed these banks to prey on citizens, because in your eyes big business can do no wrong. Well guess what, they can...and they have...and now it's affecting the country's bottom line.

Then there's Enron. Credible news pieces have stated that because you and your family are friends with the two CEOs of Enron and their families, they were allowed to continue running that farce of a business.

Rather than stopping the madness, when there were so many terrible warning signs, it was allowed to continue until it culminated into the biggest corporate disaster in U.S. history. Enron hurt many Americans, whose pensions and savings were wiped out.

Source and rest of article: www.aishamusic.com...

I believe that George W. Bush Jr. also had foreknowledge of and possibly indirectly manipulated 911 as a false flag operation to incite the American People into backing his war.

Now research who the companies are that have profited from our huge military spending. Almost every single company that got a government contract for military purposes has a direct connection with the Bush Family.

Blood money, lies, lies and more lies, manipulation.........George W. Bush Jr is the kind of person described in Andrew M. Lobaczewski's book, "Political Ponerology": A science on the nature of evil adjusted for political purposes.

Anyone, in my opinion, that doesn't see this man for what he is, is either blind, stupid or so arrogant that they just don't want to admit they were manipulated and fooled.

Just looking at his arrogant, I'm better than you smirk should have warned everyone. But, people believe what they are fed via the corporate owned media.

George W. Bush's whole two terms was spent dismantling our economy and eradicating our middle class while at the same time padding the pockets of his rich crony friends.

He stole the 2000 elections which essentially was a hidden coup and spent his two terms padding the pockets of his "haves and have mores" at the expense of the American People.

Again, just do your research on who the companies are that profited during the Iraq War. If this idiot and his pupper masters could have thought up a way of bringing us yet additional wars with Iran and Syria, without a total nuclear appocalypse, I'm sure we would have gone down that road as well.

Now, in his memoirs, the jack @ss even admits such, openly and arrogantly.

As stated before, I have read numerous books on GWB and the guy is a nasty piece of work, any moron should have spotted this traitor's treachery long ago.

He stole pensions and bankrupted the two companies his father left him to run - he couldn't even manage a company correctly.

He lied; his whole administration was built on lies and illusions.

Our country is now known throughout the world as just another country, like many others that openly condoned and allowed torture despite the Geneva Agreement we signed............so we are a country that does not live up to our word.

Again in my opinion, George W. Bush would have probably, if he thought he could have gotten away with another false flag operation, would have invaded Syria and Iran. He just couldn't pull it off in time.

911 was a false flag operation, and I believe GWB "arranged" for it to happen. I am sure if he could have gotten away with arranging another false flag operation against Syria and Iran he would have done so.

A real piece of work. A real reptile in human clothing.

Anyone that doesn't see this has not done their research. The deeper one delves into not only George W. Bush Jr, but Bush Senior and Prescott Bush begins to see a pattern of a family psychopaths.

We are lucky we did not end up with a nuclear exchange on this donkey's watch. As it is our country is broke and left in economic ruin while he sits on his 100,000 acre ranch in Paraguay.

Good riddance to George W. Bush and will Americans for god sake, put down those ipods, xboxes, romance novels and remote controls and start to research into who is really doing what to our country.

edit on 9-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar & spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I have numerous books on George W. Bush Jr. and the guy is a real smuck, a lier, cheat, thief, drunk, arrogant, self-centered, selfish, mean and dumb individual.

He encompasses all the worst qualities a single human being can possess.

And he's not even hesitant to tell you all in his memoirs how he screwed over the American People and our country.

...and of course same kind of people who supported Bush are now kissing the behinds of the likes of Palin. It does take a modicum of retardation to do, but such a conclusion is inevitable.

Good ridence to George W. Bush and will Americans for god sake, put down those ipods, xboxes, romance novels and remote controls and start to research into who is really doing what to our country.

Sadly, there is no chance of that. America is done for.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes I am afraid you are most correct.

And it's due in part because the American People are too lazy and spoiled to do their research. They get "bored" watching the Senate and Congressional channels". They don't find political essays and books "exciting' so they leave the handling of our country up to morons like Bush Jr.

And, they watch one / two hours of "corporate media" news a day and read the corporate owned newspaper and consider themselves "educated" on current events.

Sad, we have nobody but ourselves to blame for losing our many freedoms and liberties all under the guise of "Homeland Security" (which sounds like a fascist term anyway - something right out of nazi Germany).

And now that the smuck has come out and actually admitted publically to some of the frap he pulled, the people will sit back like the sheep they are and not unite, rise up, rebel and demand this war criminal be held accountable.

TPTB operate by separting us from each other. Bush Jr. was only a puppet, you have to ask who the real great and powerful wizards behind the curtain are?

edit on 9-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar & spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronnikx
WHAT? Iran sympathizers? Do you even know what goes on over there? Did you not see the riots in Tehran? Where the people fought their corrupt government for days with stones and fire vs guns and armor? We go around crusading, talking about freeing the people of corruption, yet we wont help a nation who tried to overthrow the gov. themselves and failed? Do you know how the protests ended in Tehran? A muslim leader told the people to kill protesters.. that they were infidels... and the next day there were no more videos coming out of Iran.

Back in 1979, they had a much more effective revolution. It was against the Shah, who got into control via a CIA coup, made exclusive oil deals to the West and Israel, and killed tens of thousands of leftists. You think the vast majority of Iranians want the Americans to help them again? These hundreds of protestors probably have some nice wads of cash too thanks to more CIA meddling.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I agree with everything you say about the horrendous, brutal, murderous clamp down on the protesters - and in fact on any expression of free speech which doesn't toe the party line.

However, the Green Movement explicitly asked US not to intervene - and wanted them to keep out of it. Any hint of US involvement meant those protesting would be found guilty of being spies, which carries the death penalty. Also, the Greens want their own country to be their own country. They didn't want US intervention with the subsequent inevitable US 'influence' in the country.

I am totally gutted at what happened, and is still happening to so many of those wonderful, truly wonderful young people.

The Greens would have welcomed a strong challenge from US on human rights violations, which didn't really happen. But then in terms of human rights, US is a glasshouse in this instance, and could not therefore throw many stones.
edit on 9-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The way another country treats its citizens can't determine whether the US (or any country) should wage war against them or not. By your reasoning the US military should be occupying large parts of Africa since so many people there suffer under corrupt and weak governments.
edit on 10-11-2010 by kj6754 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join