It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

Right. And NORAD, detecting an unknown missile launch, would do nothing. No planes scrambled, no ships deployed.

That makes sense.

The cameraman placed the "launch" in the vicinity of Catalina Island. US Air flight 808 was in the vicinity of Catalina Island at 5:00, the time of the incident. The next day US Air flight 808 produced another contrail at 5:00. Not weird. I think people call it "connecting the dots".

edit on 11/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

So you are prepared to BELIEVE the cameraman on points that suit your theory but dissbelieve whatever else he says???

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yes, GEL did say that didn't she. She also said that her ex wouldn't tell her anything about it.
I think her ex may have been kidding around with her. It's been known to happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esger

Great video by the way

Quote of the day, from this video : "It could be a bunch of kids on a boat..."
edit on 11-11-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

Sadly I found it on GLP

But yes, I laughed my butt off when that guy said that. They have a big shot former general and pilot...and then the next two get increasingly stupid.

The lady starts by saying "I am not an expert, and am in no way at the level of understanding that the General is at...but this is my expert opinion!" and then the fat man just randomly says the kids on boats with model rockets....all.....professional like lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I believe he knew roughly what direction he was looking...west.
That's pretty hard to screw up.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
boondock...let's just think about it for a second.

If they would of picked up a missile or rocket on their radars....would they just sit there to try to figure out what it was....or would they be scrambling jets all over the place???

sorry outkast
but no jet in the world can catch up
to a ICBM in transit, so why bother???

Maybe to look for the sub.

But if nothing else to get the jets in the air just in case it IS an actual attack...you don't want your jets on the ground and possibly get taken out by a first strike. It's basic logistics...if there is danger...scramble. WHY would you keep your jets on the ground just sitting there waiting to be taken out?

They keep jets fueled and ready just for these scenarios. Once something would be picked up on radar that even "looks" like a missile...I'm sure they would scramble first...ask questions later.

This didn't happen...so it logical to believe that they picked up nothing on radar.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nittin
Former General & Pilot is 100% Sure It Was a Missile Over Los Angeles

hmmm...let's see...Fox News and Hannity wouldn't have any motivation in trying to push the "missile theory"...would they???

They wouldn't want to make Obama look bad for a missile being fired close to the coast...would they???

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

boondock...let's just think about it for a second.

If they would of picked up a missile or rocket on their radars....would they just sit there to try to figure out what it was....or would they be scrambling jets all over the place???

sorry outkast
but no jet in the world can catch up
to a ICBM in transit, so why bother???

But if nothing else to get the jets in the air just in case it IS an actual attack...you don't want your jets on the ground and possibly get taken out by a first strike. It's basic logistics...if there is danger...scramble. WHY would you keep your jets on the ground just sitting there waiting to be taken out?

They keep jets fueled and ready just for these scenarios. Once something would be picked up on radar that even "looks" like a missile...I'm sure they would scramble first...ask questions later.

This didn't happen...so it logical to believe that they picked up nothing on radar.

Kind of like how a plane just manages to crash into the Pentagon without anything scrambling and no missile defense going off over a no fly zone. It is one of the most protected known buildings out there...and somehow they expect us to believe a completely outside attack could do that.

The point is, just because things don't go to protocol does not prove that it was not a missile.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tulkor

Exactly. you caught what I thought I heard. (Im old)
I was being physicious when I said that.
Thank you, thank you.

Where the heck is that spellchek?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You seem to know everything. You think experts are wrong and now even put words into the cameramans head although you think he lies.

I think many here would really really like to know what your qualifications are that make you the single expert in everything.
I'n not asking for your name or address, just what degrees or experience etc you have..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My 95 year old grandpa says it's a missile. I'm going to go with that being he's been around alot longer and seen alot of things in his life.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tulkor

The point is, just because things don't go to protocol does not prove that it was not a missile.

Ok...so there is no convincing you I see.

But hey...I'm stubborn...I'll try one more.

LA is a very populated coastal area...don't you think more than one person would of caught a ROCKET LAUNCH on camera? Maybe while it was closer to the horizon?

And why does this rocket move so so slowly???

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You seem to know everything. You think experts are wrong and now even put words into the cameramans head although you think he lies.

I think many here would really really like to know what your qualifications are that make you the single expert in everything.
I'n not asking for your name or address, just what degrees or experience etc you have..

Don't you know? He's Dr. Who, man.
edit on 11/11/2010 by dethduck because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I don't know everything. Some experts are wrong and some are right. Did I say the cameraman was lying?

My qualifications are irrelevant, you don't believe anything I say anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If they couldn't find it before it got 35 miles
off the coast, how are they gonna find it
afterward???

They didn't scramble cuz the trajectory placed the missiles' path
Northwest AWAY from the coast. Also, if an enemy ICBM is
launched from only 35 miles out, IF it was to be pointed at
LA, the missile would have hit it's target in less than 90
seconds. The pilots would have never got off the runway.
At that point, it was better just to duck for cover than to
lose both planes AND PILOTS.

Not if the launch signature looked like
one of our own to begin with.

Lt. Gen. McTierney and many others seem to
think otherwise.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
My 95 year old grandpa says it's a missile. I'm going to go with that being he's been around alot longer and seen alot of things in his life.

What if we find another 95 year old man that says it's a jet contrail?

Who's right then?

Personal opinions mean very little in this case...because of the optical illusion factor.

But there is actual evidence for the contrail theory...none for the missile theory.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

So basically your theory is that they saw this on radar...and there was response was:

"Meh...can't do anything about it...why try."?????

People are really having to stretch to keep their hopes of this being a missile.

And yes...I said HOPE...because it is clear that the people saying this is a missile WANT it to be a missile so they have some sort of excitement in their life.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Makes me feel safer. But I am glad I am currently not living in the city regardless. Mostly the smell and noise...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The Forum Moderator greeneyedleo who posted originally on page 8 that she had info firsthand from someone regarding this incident hasn't posted anything on ATS since 11:15am Wednesday morning. Her original post on page 8 was edited and now says nothing, except that it was edited. Where is she? Has anyone heard from her. Could something have happened to her?

Just sayin'.

edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: Was Wednesday morning, not Tuesday morning she posted last

edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

link   

Yes, GEL did say that didn't she. She also said that her ex wouldn't tell her anything about it.
I think her ex may have been kidding around with her. It's been known to happen.

How convenient huh.
Mind you GEL posted quite a few more times that she was asking him.
He said they knew what it was but he couldn't tell.
I'd think she would have sounded serious being that she is a Mod and would like a scoop like that.
I don't buy your "think" this time.

link   

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join