It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The International Space Weather Initiative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The International Space Weather Initiative

science.nasa.gov

Nov. 8, 2010: Prompted by a recent increase in solar activity, more than a hundred researchers and government officials are converging on Helwan, Egypt, to discuss a matter of global importance: storms from the sun. The “First Workshop of the International Space Weather Initiative (ISWI)” meets Nov. 6th through 10th and is convened by the United Nations, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).

"Strong solar storms can knock out power, disable satellites, and scramble GPS," says meeting organizer and ISWI executive
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Space Goat Farts, indeed.

Hell, they could have just asked the guys over at halfpasthuman what was going to happen with space weather and solar storms. The giant solar space flare of 2010/11 has been reported with increasing frequency for the last two years.

Really, folks. If we are just emerging from "solar minimum" why the crisis mode over a few X-ray flares?

Perhaps it's true about predictions and buttholes... everybody has one and they all stink.

Or perhaps there are no such things as predictions, only global consciousness that 'steers' the future.

Maybe we all will wake up December 22, 2012 and have a laugh at all the brand new generators and Mountain House food for sale on Craigslist.

Who knows. All I know is that this whole thing has turned into a scary freakshow that now even has NASA scrambling.

science.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Not exactly breaking news since it was started in 2008..
From your link.

The ISWI got its start in 2008 after the United Nations concluded the 2007 International Heliophysical Year (IHY). The goal of IHY was to raise global awareness of heliophysics, the emerging science of space weather, and to make cross-disciplinary connections among researchers. Hundreds of seminars, conferences, and classroom visits in dozens of countries during IHY 2007 laid the groundwork for the ongoing initiative. NASA, JAXA and the UN are primary sponsors.

But it is worth being prepared considering the damage a direct hit could do to a world reliant on electronics like never before..S&F just for the info

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
More:

Space Weather Monitoring Center

Can't wait for the creepy pyramid logo fanatics to chime in.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I personally believe that they get to the point where they can no longer hide what is happening and then they scramble to make some sense of it. If they can't make sense of it they make it so unbelievable that most people just write it of as gibberish or don't pay any attention to it at all.

I think now that since everybody and their brother has access to the heavens they have to think real long and hard about what they say and release because it can be debunked or confirmed almost instantly by the worlds eyes and satellites that gaze into the heavens all the time.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Can't wait for the creepy pyramid logo fanatics to chime in.

Well there's no denying that IS a pyramid..
Then there's the NASA eye (well it looks like it) and FEST with multiple pyramids..
It is kinda freaky that they seem to associate pyramids with space..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think were going to learn some very new things about the power of our sun and the solar system in the next few years. As far as NASA goes what ever they may find if anything, be asured they will not share it with us in a save our a** situation.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Here is a very interesting article from Clif High.

Solar numerics, Warning for Indonesia (se asia plate - sw pacific plate boundary region), and addendums....

Halfpasthuman.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Humans have worshiped the sun as God for thousands of years, perhaps soon we will understand why???

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stevetech

You beat me to it!

I was just reading this...

top topics

join