It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation techniques for channeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Okay, I am jumping way ahead of myself here, I am really just trying to learn how to meditate properly. Maybe oneday I can be to the point where I can handle channeling. I would like to hear peoples experiences with meditation, do we have anyone here who practices regularly? What can I expect in the beginning? What would be the long term effects of regular practice? How long should I meditate to be able to recieve the full benefit?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by strawberry91
I would like to hear peoples experiences with meditation, do we have anyone here who practices regularly?

I'm doing it consistantly now. I've had other times in my life when I've done it constantly and stretches when I've not really done it.

The best routine for me is twice a day, for 30 - 45 minutes at a time. I have to work up to that. When I get back into it from a period of not doing it, I start at once a day for 20 minutes.

The experiences can be fantastic. I good session makes me feel like I've just gotten back from a two week vacation, when really I've just been meditating for half an hour. It is calming and refreshing, and these are results you can expect immediately. With practice and consistency, very intense experiences can be had. Everyone is aware of the idea of being "one with the universe." Through meditation, you can feel that in an tangible, intense, ineffable way. You will not be able to tell where you end and anything else begins. You lose the physical sense of your body and you lose the psychological sense of self. That's the state that keeps me coming back. It's categorically different from conventional consciousness, and very pleasurable. Other benefits include increased focus, concentration, emotional calm, and clarity of thought. These benefits persist for some time after the meditation session, and if you meditate regularily these benefits will always be in effect.

What can I expect in the beginning?

The effects in the begining are very mild, but enjoyable. You will have a relaxing experience and that sense of relaxation and calm will stick with you for a while. Like I said, half an hour of meditation can leave you feeling like you've just taken a vacation. You'll find that you'll be more level or even keeled emotionally, and less garbled cognitively.

Don't be discouraged by the lack of intensity at first. It builds, and it takes time. There is real technique to it, and you have to practice in order to be able to do it, like many things.

In the begining, you'll get to know your mind and your self in a new way. You're likely to find something unexpected.

What would be the long term effects of regular practice?

Overall benefits to cognition, emotion, and mood. You'll be better able to concentrate and you're thoughts will be clearer and more directed, and less distracted by random thoughts. You're mental life will be more calm and clear than it is now. You will experience emotions differently. They will not overwhelm you, and you will be in control. They will be more subtle, and your awareness of them will be different. You will be happier. Your mood will be boosted.

All of the above has been shown to be true in published scientific papers written by neuroscientists who have studied longtime practitioners of meditation.

Additionally, you'll have thing awesome trick in your back pocket that you can whip out whenever you want. Bored traveling? Meditate. Upset? Meditate. Want to feel something powerful and ecstatic? Meditate.

How long should I meditate to be able to recieve the full benefit?

You should gradually work up from 20 minutes a day to whatever feel best to you. I think most people who really do it probably do it for about 45 minutes a day. I find that if I can get in two 45 minute sessions, thats great. Any more than that is impractical, but if I do it for less time I find myself wanting more.

You should shoot for everyday, and you should keep doing it until you feel what it's really about. It's hard to measure progress because it all goes on inside your head, but rest assured that meditation is a tried and true technique, and you'll be able to enjoy it if you're willing to tolerate minimal results at first.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When I started just meditating on my own. I didnt really have a sense of direction. I just tried to clear my mind. I didnt seem to get very far until I started doing some research. I found it more beneficial to follow a guide such as chakra meditation or yoga or however you feel to express it. Once I found some structure I was able to have direction and goals to increase my sessions.

If your mind wanders just focus on your breathing. good luck. I hope u find what your looking for

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

I can tell you that if you are gaining progress in your meditation, you will experience many physical effects of meditation. Such as feeling the heat energy or Kundalini energy or Chi energy. Hearing humming sounds, could be 2 to 3 different frequencies at once. Occasional visions when your mind does wander off during the meditation session. Very lucid and vivid dream state. Some of them may even has certain psychic elements (seeing the future and as well as seeing the future of other people that you know). Since I have always been behaving like I have been meditating forever, I don't notice any behavioral changes. However, I meditate in the hope that my physical health will improve. Got to get that Chi energy to circulate in my body. And hopefully I can gain some special psychic abilities that would enable me to see where my life path is heading. Currently, I am lost, yet never really feel restless or feeling inadequate in anyway.

Physically, meditation is hard. As you will eventually realize, your body tends to tense up as the more you mind begins to focus at a specific point. After an hour into it, you feel like your whole body is locking up. I generally meditate twice per day, morning when I am awakened by a dream around 6am (consistently) and about 2 hours before bed. I usually spend about 1 to 1 hour and 45 minutes, because I meditate on almost all of the 7 chakras. It takes time to work its way to the third eye or the crown chakras.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
With time meditation becomes easier, you dont have to do it for hours a day, and it is something that is really simple. You do what you want to. Guided meditations are great, but sometimes lead you to other places and not where your intentions are, Also, dont believe that it is difficult. Our brains have been trained to have thoughts all day long, and all that you are really doing is quieting down your thoughts, and with practice, quieting the chaos becomes really simple. Sit comfortably, relax every muscle in your body, until you cannot feel your body anymore. At this point your inner being becomes activated. When you are in this state, put the intention out there that you want to channel. Ten or fifteen minutes a day is all you need. Dont frustrate yourself by trying for long periods of time. GOOD LUCK!

join