It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer Lubricated the Rise of Civilization, Study Suggests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

When you have been slaving in the hot Egypian sun all day building a dam pyramaid .......(that admitted sounded like a cool idea at first but after the first year or so... the idea wayned....
)

A 2% beer would be just FINE-just give me a lot I think the desired effect will occcur nicely.

(and you can't tell me there wasn't some black market boot-legging going on by some of the more shady Egypians Beer makers. Maybe making it 4-6%, maybe even 8% (for the all nighters).

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes beer has been part of the building process for quite a long time.
Makes me wonder how that first taste test went
Anyone remember when they brewed some beer from an ancient Egyptian recipe? Always wondered what it tasted like! It was auctioned off for some cause I think, limited production and all that jazz. It would be interesting to see some brewers today use ancient recipes. It would be a great way to fund research

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Dogfish Head has you covered.

Chateau Jiahu An ancient Chinese recipe dating from 7000 BC brewed with rice, honey, grapes, & Hawthorne fruit. 10.0% ABV

beeradvocate.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Nicely done on the post
Star

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The title of this thread is, ironically, in a sense half-true.

The Mystery of the Golden Blossom

The ill fated axle of the grievous wheel of Samsara is lubricated with alcohol. - Samael Aun Weor

edit on 8-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

You should expand on that idea/concept.

Interesting, now that I looked at the title after reading your post. Good insight

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am so glad that academia is finally agreeing to what i've been saying for years.

The rise of human intelligence was fueled by alcohol and other intoxicants.

Mans inventiveness came about in periods of intoxication where the universal question was asked, "what will happen if i do this?"

In these periods of insane experimentation, neurons misfired and created new cognitrons that lead to even more experimentation.

Awesome.

Well, i'm off to feed my brain..hehe.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Mans inventiveness came about in periods of intoxication where the universal question was asked, "what will happen if i do this?"

Which, of course, led to the ultimate destiny of mankind's evolution: Jackass The Movie

Also, Central American natives constructed an even larger pyramid than the Egyptians, but they were drinking tequilla

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
You should expand on that idea/concept.

Interesting, now that I looked at the title after reading your post. Good insight

Introduction to Gnosis - Lesson Eight: Alcoholism

This vice has three perfectly defined aspects:

Initiation

Intoxication

Death

Basically, Buddhism teaches that suffering exists because we have attachments to the cycle of existence(Samsara) due to desire(Mara); and that our egos and our suffering exists because of desire.

However this does not mean that we shouldn't participate in civilization...:

The Three Mountains

There are guests in all the halls of the world who know how to play with the Devil. They pass the whole night with one cup in their hand and marvelously defend themselves.

Each time when there is a new toast they show that they are drinking, but in reality they do not drink. They mock the Demon of Alcohol...

...what it does mean, is that to end suffering, we transmute our desire into Will-Power by means of the Bliss of Meditation and Alchemy. The Tantric vehicle of Buddhism teaches that desire(attachment) and Bliss(non-attachment) are not the same thing. Bliss is our Natural State; whereas the conditions of the ego are unnatural and of desire, which is suffering. Since attachment to alcohol is of desire, it is therefore not conducive to a civilization based on Bliss.

The Perfect Matrimony: The Door to Enter into Initiation

Liquor and fornication must be banished from the bosom of Gnostic homes. However, we must not be fanatics. Whosoever is incapable of handling one drink at a social gathering is as weak as someone who cannot control his liquor and gets drunk.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

An excellent reply and great info.

Nicely done.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The ruling classes had the answer since the beginning. No wonder the conservatives have always supported the alcohol industry.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by anon72

I don't doubt it a bit. If more people could sit down over a beer or two most wars could be avoided.

Hmm...I think it's after the 4th or 5ht beer that the wars start...

Nah.. that's when we all start singing together and the cats and dogs run away from the noise. Of course it depends on the drunk: some get mean, some get mellow.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
Isn't it amazing that they undoubtedly faced many of the same problems of modern man. Namely, how do I get her out of my hut before any sees this?!!

LMAO! A coyote scenario in ancient times? Too funny!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
I am so glad that academia is finally agreeing to what i've been saying for years.

The rise of human intelligence was fueled by alcohol and other intoxicants.

In these periods of insane experimentation, neurons misfired and created new cognitrons that lead to even more experimentation.

Awesome.

Well, i'm off to feed my brain..hehe.

Cosmic...

These days that "what if" scenario typically extends to red-necks. You might be a red-neck if you attend the funeral of a person who's last words were "Hey ya'all! Whatch this!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join