It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stormtroopers attack! The crime, barbering without a license!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yes the govrnment mafia runs protection rackets too.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Hey everyone, don't get your panties all twisted up just yet, there's a good couple reasons why Barbers & Cosmos are licensed. (My wife's a Cosmo and explained it to me so I could explain it you!)

1. Social disease. Believe it or not, using dirty utensils on dirty hair will propagate disease and gross stuff like lice. Believe it or not, if there was no licensing inspections lots of stylists wouldn't ever clean their tools. Gross? Yes it is, but sadly many cosmetologists are complete trainwrecks, and some lack of hygienic practices occur even with the threat of unannounced inspection.

2. Hair colors & Perms. My wife's kind of an authority on color (She's a corporate trainer for the #2 color product in the world). The chemicals that stylists/barbers put on your head are potent. If they are incorrectly mixed they can literally melt your hair and burn your skin, leaving you bald FOR-EVAH! Would you let a doctor work on you without knowing he went to school? In a much smaller way, it's the same preventative regulation.

In the OP example, that was total BS. The cops bent the law in order to execute an illegal search. Too bad the courts won't agree with the truth of the matter though.

No.

That is not the reason we have licensing.

We have licensing of barbers because a group of pre-existing barbers were fed up with new barbers starting up businesses everywhere and undercutting them.

So they went to government and made up all sorts of excuses about why we need to license barbers, including the ridiculous two things you just mentioned.

You see, if someone began cutting hair and melted someones head off, they could be sued in the courts and possibly even charged with criminal negligence if it was bad enough. Thus, the license is totally unnecessary. Further, it does not take a degree in rocket science to read the directions on a perm kit.

If someone gets injured by a barber they can sue for damages, license or no license. Since this is true, it makes licensing of barbers totally unnecessary.

FURTHER - people who have no idea WTF they are doing when cutting hair don't get into barbering in the first place. If someone doesn't know what they are doing, they certainly aren't going to spend all the time and capital required to open up a barber shop. The market naturally limits barbering to people who at least know something about the profession.

FURTHER - if someone is bad at cutting hair, they will not remain in business very long. We can say the barbers cutting hair that were arrested in the article MUST NECESSARILY HAVE BEEN GOOD AT CUTTING HAIR because they had customers willing to pay them for haircuts.

edit on 9-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I read a few of the posts in here that mention that it is a good thing that barbers have to have licenses. I find that this is a prime example of people not understanding how badly they have been brainwashed. A license for anything by the government is a joke. You don't need licenses to protect the safety of people nor do they actually protect anyone anyways. In fact Mnemeth is correct in his assesment of why they exist.

If everyone wasn't so badly brainwashed/trained from birth, you would see that a society can and will very easily take care of regulating who does what without any sort of licensing. Obviously as Mnemeth said, people for the most part, won't engage in whatever activity it is that supposedly needs a license, without knowing how to do it. And if they happen to, and it is a commercial venture, they would quickly be out of business. Nobody would go to someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Also, a lack of a license in no way means that they are still not held responsible for whatever it is they are doing.

I only wish I could word this better. The truth is, licenses are a joke. They are a way for government bureaucracies to justify their existence. Nothing more. Civilization made it a long long time without the governments licensing daily life. They are merely micromanaging our lives.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Lol I don't know about perms, but I been cutting and dying my own hair for years. It isn't exactly rocket science. Bleach my hair totally white, then dying it red once a month back when I could afford it. Saved me a lot of money, a stylist in NY would charge me 30 bucks a pop. Licensing is a money racket. I couldn't put up a fence or a shed back in NY without getting a "permit" from the town FFS. To get the permit I had to ask my 4 closest neighbors to sign off on it, it is all ridiculous.
edit on Tue, 09 Nov 2010 08:50:41 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by mnemeth1

Lol I don't know about perms, but I been cutting and dying my own hair for years. It isn't exactly rocket science. Bleach my hair totally white, then dying it red once a month back when I could afford it. Saved me a lot of money, a stylist in NY would charge me 30 bucks a pop. Licensing is a money racket. I couldn't put up a fence or a shed back in NY without getting a "permit" from the town FFS. To get the permit I had to ask my 4 closest neighbors to sign off on it, it is all ridiculous.
edit on Tue, 09 Nov 2010 08:50:41 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

It is all ridiculous.

Your neighbors don't own your property and neither does the State. As long as you aren't damaging your neighbors property in some way by your actions, no one should be able to stop you from building anything you like on your property and you certainly shouldn't have to get permission from the State first.

Licencing IS a racket as you say, it is a way for the State to erode our property rights, loot us, and drive up the cost of doing business.

The men who should be arrested are the cops that raided the innocent barbers.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
LOL!!! Soon you will need a licence to fart!!! Gimmeee a break,TPTB are certainly looking for us sheeple to react to all this bogus garbage.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hmmm... I was just reading about a settlement is a similar case this morning. Evidently something similar was done in CA a couple of years ago.

Settlement In Black Barber Racial Profiling Case

Two and a half years after a group of Moreno Valley barbers sued, claiming that authorities conducted racially targeted, illegal searches of Black barbershops, Riverside County has agreed to pay $99,000 to settle the case. County Counsel Pamela Walls said lawyers for the barbers and the county signed an agreement on November 2.

Hopefully the same will happen down the road here.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Ohhhhh boy I'm usually for holding people accountable but wouldn't a letter mailed to the estalishment sufficed? Even a constable could have served the papers..what a giant waste of resources...freaking barber shops..who would have thought but then again I recall some produce place was also raided and it was somewhere on ATS that I read that...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well, I thank my lucky stars that we have regulators like this. Without such regulation, everyone would have bad hair cuts, no where safe to live, no food, and would never leave the cave because of the fear that the sky will fall on them because the EPA isn't there to hold it up.

I think these barbers should be tarred and feathered.... then molested by TSA.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
They could not get a search warrant. So they used some thing else. Bending the law! Ha! Next they will have raids for littering. The hair got on the side wall'k. Just because they can not get a arrant to search for drugs. What no judges that are bend? That's a new one.

Even been in a bar/club when the gendarme strolls in for a friendly bar check?..

Cops don't need a search warrant to enter locations that are licensed and "open for business"... open to the public is open to the po-lice.

I found this odd:
"an arrest report shows deputies found Ski Joseph Vasquez, 40, with "2 baggies of coc aine in a prescription bottle" "

No cop in his right mind would write that in a report, coc aine is always described as "a white powdery substance resembling coc aine".. not even a wells test is 100% proof enough, the crime lab has to verify what it is... whoever wrote that would look pretty stupid if the crime lab reports it was baking soda, or meth, '___',.. or crushed Dexedrine / Oxycontin or any number of drugs people pummel into powder and snort.

Defense lawyer "Deputy Dufuss..you arrested my client of possession of coc aine, but police lab results show he had none.. is it true you're an incompetent dumb#?, of just a racist who thinks all black men carry coc aine?".. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Taking a stroll into a business is a bit different then being raided, don't you think? A cop can come in sure, but if they aren't there to use whatever service is being offered, the owner/employees can ask them to leave. They also can't go in demanding to see employees lockers or checked coats...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Some of the barbers were arrested for not having their license's displayed properly which will hopefully be a wake up call to many(probably won't). Do not forget this happened in Florida, without a very good and usually expensive lawyer they will probably be offered a plea bargain, pay fines, ect.. If they go to trial they pretty much guaranteed a trial of retired brainwashed republicans who will side with the police every time and the judge will probably give them the maximum sentence allowed to because they weren't good sheep and took the plea bargain. I don't know how other states operate but there is no such thing as a jury of your peers here. The only people who get selected for a jury have no criminal records and as I stated before tend to be retirees who will take the police's side 100% of the time.

That said I hope a very good lawyer takes on this case free of charge and the victim's in the Orwellian raid receive a fat settlement from the OCPD.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yeah, that was here that you read that. Here it is-www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then you had a raid on raw milk-You are too dumb to decide what to eat

I am sure there are probably close to a hundred stories here on the gestapo raiding small businesses.

That is what a fascist state does. It destroys the small business for the advancement of the corps in bed with the state.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by GovtFlu

Taking a stroll into a business is a bit different then being raided, don't you think? A cop can come in sure, but if they aren't there to use whatever service is being offered, the owner/employees can ask them to leave. They also can't go in demanding to see employees lockers or checked coats...

I'm not suggesting it's 'cool', just say'n those are the rules.. business owners surrender lots of 'rights' in order to obtain a business license. Going in hard with a SWAT team is a bit ridiculous, back in my day a ruse of telling business people there was a red tape screw up at city hall & the permits needed to be checked out..worked just fine.

No, the employees can't ask them to leave during open hours of business, on duty police are immune from trespass while conducting official business. Checking permits / licenses is official business. There are also dozens of laws certain business must follow and must allow police to check.

That blue antiseptic liquid you see in barber shops can be checked .. it's a code violation, health & safety like, if it's adulterated. Ever seen a cop in a local bar put his flashlight under an open bottle of hard liquor?.. they're looking for "buggy booze" or adulterated alcohol. Some bars dont cap their bottles and critters dive in to the JD, or bars water it down.. just like some barber shops let that blue stuff get funky or use blue colored water.

As far as checking lockers and such, any secured separate locked box or reasonable facsimile thereof would probably require a warrant. Coat pockets, eh.. a gray area.. if cops can see into the pockets.. contents might be fair game, or if nobody claims ownership of the coat.. it's considered found property subject to inventory. If a drug hound alerts on a garment that might offer enough PC to dig inside... depends.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Bump

top topics

<< 1   >>

join