It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans signal a hard-line stance after election success

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
See, I am thinking purely of strategic political value here, if the Democrats want to turn this into their advantage, they will have to compromise on issues with the GOP. The GOP's hard line stance here can be used against them.

Issues can be resolved in a bi partisan way and for the GOP to take a no compromise stance can be used against them. When the GOP comes out with a bill that will benefit only corporate interests instead of the American People's interest, the Democrats can use that to their advantage by exposing it to the people.

I think the game changer here would be the Democrats exposing the GOP and right wing lobby groups during this next legislative cycle.

There is another factor, which is the success factor - the economy IS getting better, it is VERY clear in my area that this is the case, business is booming here. Considering I live in one of the most populated counties in the states it is also clear that this will still take a little longer to hit "Real America" but it is coming.

When this happens the next story per GOP and our ATS friends is ownership of this success, they will claim the TP, GOP, conservatism has created the positive; if you listen hard enough you can hear it now... The coming message needs to be killed preemptively or it will thrive and fester - I think the clued in, hard core political folks around here already know the Standard rhetorical routine, contend with this and it looks good
in the long term.

<< 1   >>

join