It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please suggest some good comedy films

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
So you're saying that yeah it's comedic genius but yeah onlly if you get the culture....
Hello? Isn't that what I posted as to my experience of this movie?

No.... I was actually mocking you through the subtle use of sarcasm.
You keep mentioning Bosnia.... this Film was about a guy (supposedly) from Kazakhstan..... and the UK is Nowhere near Russia.... again, It was a mocking sarcasm.

No wonder you didn't "get" this film...

And NO, I did not see
comedic genius, I saw easy peasy insults to everyone: Bosnia, the US, everyone and OK go ahead
and insult everyone but leave a message. There was no message unless it's all stupid. And I already got
that message.

LOL..... why Bosnia?

And It's a comedy.... does it need a message.
I thought some scenes were very revealing personally... especially the anti-semitic comments and how people just kind of opened up to Borat.

I thought the movie was funny, clever and actually quite a good insight into people and their preconceptions and willingness to reveal their prejudice's about others so easily.

Sorry, this movie is a bloated effort to promote someone as the next comedian of the decade
and failed to deliver.

Er... if you had a clue.... you'd know that Sacha Baron Cohen has been around for quite a while.... mid-late 90's.
It was not a promotional movie trying to gain him status for the future.... it was a mockumentary that went clearly over your head.

Here he is as one of his other characters... Ali G

Go and watch American Pie 9 or something.

edit on 29/11/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

So you're saying that yeah it's comedic genius but yeah onlly if you get the culture....
Hello? Isn't that what I posted as to my experience of this movie?

No.... I was actually mocking you through the subtle use of sarcasm.
You keep mentioning Bosnia.... this Film was about a guy (supposedly) from Kazakhstan..... and the UK is Nowhere near Russia.... again, It was a mocking sarcasm.

No wonder you didn't "get" this film...

And NO, I did not see
comedic genius, I saw easy peasy insults to everyone: Bosnia, the US, everyone and OK go ahead
and insult everyone but leave a message. There was no message unless it's all stupid. And I already got
that message.

LOL..... why Bosnia?

And It's a comedy.... does it need a message.
I thought some scenes were very revealing personally... especially the anti-semitic comments and how people just kind of opened up to Borat.

I thought the movie was funny, clever and actually quite a good insight into people and their preconceptions and willingness to reveal their prejudice's about others so easily.

Sorry, this movie is a bloated effort to promote someone as the next comedian of the decade
and failed to deliver.

Er... if you had a clue.... you'd know that Sacha Baron Cohen has been around for quite a while.... mid-late 90's.
It was not a promotional movie trying to gain him status for the future.... it was a mockumentary that went clearly over your head.

Go and watch American Pie 9 or something.

If you think anyone has to be an intellectual "to get" this film, you have clearly over rated yourself.
edit on 29-11-2010 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If you think anyone has to be an intellectual "to get" this film, you have clearly over rated yourself.

I didn't mention intellectualism at all.... Humour and comedy is varied and works on many levels... me saying it was over your head and you didn't get it is not a dig at your intelligence, more at your lack of humour.

Also... as you're not replying to my points about your ignorance and your inability to grasp humour, geography and how to have a conversation/debate... then I'll just leave you to it.

Thanks for the 3-4 mines of dialogue... It's been real..

Booyakasha & Jagshemash

ETA:

This thread is for people to list their fav comedy movies, not for us to argue about comedy and geography and so on.... U2U me if you want to carry on.
edit on 29/11/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I didn't mention intellectualism at all.... Humour and comedy is varied and works on many levels... me saying it what over your head and you didn't get it is not a dig at your intelligence, more at your lack of humour.

Also... as you're not replying to my points about your ignorance and your inability to grasp humour, geography and how to have a conversation/debate... then I'll just leave you to it.

Thanks for the 3-4 mines of dialogue... It's been real..

Booyakasha & Jagshemash

You are on ignore. I can't believe anyone would be so desparate to prove their supiority in humor that they would
try to start an argument. Humor has many levels. That someone does not find a type of humor funny is meaningless.
You are ....well what you are.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Anyone seen this one?
I thought it was very funny.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If you are interested to watch or download comedy movie then you should download Rare Exports movie.this is very nice abd comedy movie.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
want ultimate funnines heres my collection

Trailer Park Boys (complete series)
Hot Rod
Step Brothers
How I met your mother
south park
drawn together
any seth rogen movie

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Office Space, Rush Hour 1, Revenge of the nerds 1, Stripes (bill murray classic!)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join