It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Afghan mission might be extended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well... I wasn't sure if it was worth posting... But I tend to agree to the proposal of this idea. Why? We have to prove that we side with NATO and get back into the Security Council. Why would we be disallowed? I'll tell you why.... Canada is a peacekeeping nation!!! Not a nation of war. This is a serious negotiation regarding Canada's role in the war. We won't fight, but we will train your men our way. I DONT THINK SO!!! It's time to stand for your country, hope for the best, prey for your country and hold your gun's (meaning a retro-fitted hockey stick complete with stretched elastics ready to deploy [INSERT FAVORITE BEER HERE] bottle caps by the quick flick of your clothes pin trigger.) Oh yeah... Bring plenty of hockey tape boys (and girls)... Someone's about to go pick a fight. (In your best Scottish accent of course). FREEEDOOOOM!!! We need to stand with other nations... Not for the the sake of ourselves, but for the love of every man in every country. We Stand United!!!

Canada's Afghan mission might be extended

BUT I DON'T WANNA WHERE A PUFFY SHIRT!!! I don't wanna be a P.... Waite a minute... I am a Pirate. Yarrr!!! Bahahaha.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

*blink*

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54914fad4e6a.jpg[/atsimg]

Afghan Girl [1984]

And of course the afghan girl, picture shot by National Geographic photographer Steve McCurry. Sharbat Gula was one of the students in an informal school within the refugee camp; McCurry, rarely given the opportunity to photograph Afghan women, seized the opportunity and captured her image. She was approximately 12 years old at the time. She made it on the cover of National Geographic next year, and her identity was discovered in 1992.

Her village was attacked by Soviet helicopter gunships sometime in the early 1980s. The Soviet strike killed her parents—forcing her, her siblings and grandmother to hike over the mountains to the Nasir Bagh refugee camp in Pakistan.

www.worldsfamousphotos.com...

edit on 8-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

And woman... Sorry. The women must be freed most of course.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ok All brain carrying Canadians knew that the reform/elite puppet government would eventually figure a valid political reason for extending support to the US corporate trade route. Slave consent is hard to manufacture in an election race.............better dealt with once elected. One word though MINORITY

Besides Portugal got our spot on the SC because their ass is owned...

Long live the Canadian way " If you don't make enemy's...usually you won't have any"

...well unless they are subversive and inherently undermining in that case unleash the fury///
edit on 8-11-2010 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinorityReporter
Ok All brain carrying Canadians knew that the reform/elite puppet government would eventually figure a valid political reason for extending support to the US corporate trade route. Slave consent is hard to manufacture in an election race.............better dealt with once elected. One word though MINORITY

Besides Portugal got our spot on the SC because their ass is owned...

Yeah, we shouldn't even be in Afghanistan, war is hell, bin there done that, it was hot. Portugal on the SC? Security Commission? Canada can't have a spot on the SC and neither can Australia or New Zealand or any other British territory. To be on the SC, the member has to be a country not a colony, otherwise, the SC outcomes are weighted towards the country that owns the colonies.

Let me know when Canada becomes a country eh!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Most Canadians are completely against the Afghan mission from day one. I have family who have served over there in the Canadian military and the media promotes a false illusion that the troops and families of the troops support the mission... this is not true... we only support our troops. My little brother got wounded protecting an oil pipeline and poppy fields. Canada is a victim of the neo-con propaganda machine. Canadian media is just as bad if not worse as the American media stations. Every time I turn on the TV or read a newspaper it get disgusted with the garbage they force feed us and claim it is the opinion of the average Canadian. I feel for the Afghan people because all they have been put through in the last 30 years but Canada has enough problems at home that we should not be out in foreign countries actively engaging in combat. I can think of many better things to spend my tax dollars on. The liberal government was not perfect but at least they somewhat listened to what the voters say. It seems with this conservative government in power we have no say in anything that goes on in this country. If every single Canadian protested against this mission we would still be there. Democracy in this day and age does not exist.

top topics

join