It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama piles more military pressure on Iran - conspicuously

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Obama piles more military pressure on Iran - conspicuously

www.debka.com

Before taking off for Asia Saturday, Nov. 6, President Barack Obama ordered the Pentagon not just to beef up American and NATO military pressure on Iran but to do so as conspicuously as possible, Washington and military resources revealed.

At a special White House security consultation last week, Obama said it was time to plant America's military option against the Iranian nuclear threat visibly and tangibly under the noses of Iran'
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: You must use the original story headline from your source. Please review this link: Changes to News Submissions for the Breaking Alternative News Forum
edit on 7/11/10 by argentus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/10 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of the story link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"In the last few days, three aircraft carriers, four nuclear submarines and marine assault units have piled up opposite Iranian shores.

The French carrier Charles de Gaulle with strike force has joined the USS Abraham Lincoln and USS Harry Truman and their strike forces in the Persian Gulf.

Three days earlier, Thursday, Tehran issued an unusual communiqué noting that a fourth nuclear submarine had been stationed opposite Iran, without further information."

Hey people, Israel has also been handing out Gas Masks to all its people this last week or so, on the quiet!

So is this why Obama has effectively taken his entire Government out of the Country, enough people to run a War and sustain the Government in case the US is hit back?

Anybody know friends or family in the Forces that have suddenly received orders to go away recently?

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm AF stationed in New Mexico. Its business as usual here. No random deployment orders. Although we have a excerise in about a month or so, where we deploy out. But we do those all the time. So I dont think it will actaully turn into a real deployment. But then again, they could make it seem that way then actually send us. Who knows. But from my end of the Military, nothing unsual.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hmmm,.
where are our resident experts on this topic.
Slayer69?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

So is this why Obama has effectively taken his entire Government out of the Country, enough people to run a War and sustain the Government in case the US is hit back?

Hey minkey53, I have been wondering this too and I ran across this from the Pres himself:

During my first visit to India, I will be joined by hundreds of American business leaders and their Indian counterparts to announce concrete progress toward our export goal — billions of dollars in contracts that will support tens of thousands of American jobs. We will also explore ways to reduce barriers to United States exports and increase access to the Indian market.

Indonesia is a member of the G-20. Next year, it will assume the chairmanship of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations — a group whose members make up a market of more than 600 million people that is increasingly integrating into a free trade area, and to which the United States exports $80 billion in goods and services each year. My administration has deepened our engagement with Asean, and for the first eight months of 2010, exports of American goods to Indonesia increased by 47 percent from the same period in 2009. This is momentum that we will build on as we pursue a new comprehensive partnership between the United States and Indonesia.

During my first visit to India, I will be joined by hundreds of American business leaders and their Indian counterparts to announce concrete progress toward our export goal — billions of dollars in contracts that will support tens of thousands of American jobs. We will also explore ways to reduce barriers to United States exports and increase access to the Indian market.

Indonesia is a member of the G-20. Next year, it will assume the chairmanship of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations — a group whose members make up a market of more than 600 million people that is increasingly integrating into a free trade area, and to which the United States exports $80 billion in goods and services each year. My administration has deepened our engagement with Asean, and for the first eight months of 2010, exports of American goods to Indonesia increased by 47 percent from the same period in 2009. This is momentum that we will build on as we pursue a new comprehensive partnership between the United States and Indonesia.

www.nytimes.com...
As far as the whole entourage, I can only guess part of it is for security reasons too?
Peace,
spec
edit on 7-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: add

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Well, it's not like the Iranians don't know exactly where Obama, et al are. After all, they are right down the street. This explains the warships though.

ETA: I'm not convinced it's Iran that they're signaling, Pakistan has been making threats here lately.
edit on 7/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The U.S. is honeycombed with Shelters in case of a nuclear and biological attack.

This notion that places like FEMA's Storm Mountain and lesser facilities already known fully to the public like the one underneath the GreenBriar resort in West Virginia could not just shelter Obama but the Congress the Senate and the Joint Chiefs of Staff and their Staffs is just patently rediculous.

Obama is out of town to visit India and announce 10 Billion in U.S. Investment there with a host of corporate leaders, and then on to the bi-annual G-20 in Seoul Korea.

The fear mongering on ATS is reaching absurd levels in recent days.

The U.S. Government has been building shelters for 50 years in case of an all out nuclear attack from Russia, do you really honestly think they couldn't handle any limited counter attack from Iran with these.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

American bunkers are nothing compared to the civilian superbunker complexes that the Russians still continue to maintain in their cities. Unless you are worth something to the US government then don't expect to find room in an adequate bomb shelter anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

American bunkers are nothing compared to the civilian superbunker complexes that the Russians still continue to maintain in their cities. Unless you are worth something to the US government then don't expect to find room in an adequate bomb shelter anytime soon.

You mean just the ones the public is aware of....

Government has been looking for an excuse to attack Iran for the last couple years. They will find one eventually however this is not the time,.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They won't attack Iran. They had way too many reasons to attack Iran

1. Ahmad's a holocaust denier--that's good enough
2. Rumors Iran was funding Hamas--that's a war crime in their eyes (of course ignoring their own war crimes)
3. Nuclear reactor--that's like eight red flags simultaneously
4. Ahmad is a 9/11 truther-- it's just beyond craziness now

With all these reasons, there are only two reasons they are not attacking Iran

1. They are afraid, maybe because Iran won't lay down their weapons like Iraq did, or
2. Iran is controlled opposition /or they can sanction them enough to not worry about it.

Either way, I'm thinking war with Iran is not gonna happen.

However, I could be wrong, the Republicans are coming into power, so anything is possible, but I'm still gonna say nothing will happen unless a Republican takes office in 2012. Again, I could be wrong but let's face it, the 'war drums' have been beating on Iran for so long the mallets have fallen off.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

They won't attack Iran. They had way too many reasons to attack Iran

1. Ahmad's a holocaust denier--that's good enough

With all these reasons, there are only two reasons they are not attacking Iran

1. They are afraid, maybe because Iran won't lay down their weapons like Iraq did

Either way, I'm thinking war with Iran is not gonna happen.

That Iran doesn't believe the holocaust happened is good enough reason to invade them.... You have got to be kidding....right?

And your belief that the US is afraid of Iran..... AFRAID OF IRAN!.....are you serious ? Sure it might get ugly with Iran perhaps attacking the US using terrorists with dirty bombs or whatever. But if they were stupid enough to do that Iran would blown off the face of the planet.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by eNaR

Exactly. If the US really got pissed enough, Iran would be a smoldering crater and there MAYBE one nuke wouldn't be too bad for us

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

If Obama has told the guys to step up the pressure on Iran..looking between the lines he's stepping up the pressure on China..No one seems to have mentioned the amount of Chinese warships in the Gulf at this time.India would have been at war with China by now if it wasn't for the Nuclear implications...someone is gonna say "stuff them" and that will be that.Could be India and pakistan.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
debka is not the most reliable source around. I once suscribed to Stratfor and corresponded with them about a debka claim of a large fleet of destroyers in the Indian ocean. It was bogus and startfor told me that's why they never believe anything from them. Now thsi claim is that Obama, just before he left, gave orders for a build up. But the second US aircraft carrier is already there and has been for a couple of weeks now. It takes several weeks for ships to arrive on station, so the proof of this will be yet another carrier, which won't get there until after Obama gets back. If a third US carrier arrives then, yes, we've got an issue. So far, we do not.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am not conviced the OP's link is reliable. It states they pick up where media leaves off - fearmongering.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting....

So there are about 31 warships now in the immediate vicinity of the Persian gulf. I wonder if the visit to India was also used as cover to get more forces there, being 34 warships alone were dispatched to the area around Mumbai, which is on the border with Pakistan and a short hop skip and jump from the Gulf.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Hmmm interesting....

So there are about 31 warships now in the immediate vicinity of the Persian gulf. I wonder if the visit to India was also used as cover to get more forces there, being 34 warships alone were dispatched to the area around Mumbai, which is on the border with Pakistan and a short hop skip and jump from the Gulf.

I sgree with this. Is there an Israel TV Station you can watch online or via Sattelite TV?

Sky, BBC, Fox, CNN all crap and hide things. My next door neighbour works high up in the Home Office here in the UK and said that they tell the News Channels what to say, what NOT to say and when or threaten them with loosing their licence. It''s all so rigged and fixed (Phoenix Lights, 1997, 3 month delay, ring any bells)?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just checked. 31 warships in the Persian Gulf? So? 20 or so is normal. Here is the state of our forces:

CVN-65 Enterprise is home at Norfolk
CVN-68 Nimitz is conducting exercises near San Diego
CVN-69 Eisenhower is home at Norfolk and nondeployable
CVN-70 Vinson is home at San Diego
CVN-71 Roosevelt is home at Norfolk and nondeployable
CVN-72 Lincoln is in the Persian Gulf
CVN-73 Washington is home at Yokosaka, Japan
CVN-74 Stennis is in Bremerton/Kitsap and is nondeployable
CVN-75 Truman is on station in the Persian Gulf
CVN-76 Reagan is conducting exercises near San Diego
CVN-77 GHW Bush is home at Norfolk

The above are all Carrier Strike Groups that normally travel with about 7-8 support ships inclding one cruiser, several destroyers, a fast attack supply ship, and a fast attack submarine. The support ships are designed to protect the carrier. A CVN is about 100,000 tons displacement and can carry approximately 100 aircraft. Above is all we have and as you can see, no other carrier is anywhere near the Persian Gulf. We do have two there, which is a little unusual, but certainly not unprecedented.

Below are the Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units. The main ship here is a "baby" carrier that is about half the size or less of a CVN, about 40,000 tons displacement. It is designed to hold helicopters and Harrier VTOL jets. These guys can pull of a minor invasion, if necessary. they usually carry a handful of tanks. Marines, by and large, are light infantry.

LHA-4 Nassau is home at Norfolk
LHA-5 Pelelieu is off India and headed home after relief efforts in the Pakistani floods. It has nothing to do with Obama's trip.
LHD-1 Wasp is home at Norfolk and undeployable
LHD-2 Essex is on a port visit in Singapore
LHD-3 Kearsarge is in the Persian Gulf
LHD-4 Boxer is home in San Diego
LHD-5 Bataan is home at Norfolk
LHD-6 Bonhomme Richard is home at San Diego
LHD-7 Iwo Jima is in transit to Haiti for relief operations
LHD-8 Makin Island is home at San Diego

Sum total now on station is two CSGs and one ARG. Note: NORMAL is one of each. This probably represents about 30 ships total. NONE of the remaining ships are within striking distance. There may be a few destroyers running around, but there is not a fleet of them lurking just off shore.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
How would the US pay for war against Iran, print more money ?
Doesn't Congress need to approve a war as well against Iran. They acknowledged sanctions but I don't believe, could be wrong, that this provides the green light for engaging Iran. Won't happen, just debka fear mongering garbage.

brill

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Reply to post by eNaR

Exactly. If the US really got pissed enough, Iran would be a smoldering crater and there MAYBE one nuke wouldn't be too bad for us

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You can't nuke a country that's not an island. It would kill the people in all of the other countries around it. Haven't you ever heard of nuclear fallout?

A war with Iran would be a ground war, and Iran has a pretty big army. Don't be fooled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join