It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35 Whales found dead on Donegal beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Environmentalists are trying to establish how 35 whales beached and died off the coast of County Donegal.

They were found on Rutland Island near Burtonport on Saturday. It's understood they were mostly mothers and calves.

It's thought they were the same group spotted in the Inner Hebides at the end of October.

this is rather strange you dont

usually get things like this round the UK

mabye the odd one getting stuck but not 35

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I thought it was well known that military sonar is responsible for whales beaching themselves? Any military activity in the area?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The article mentioned something about possible sonar interference. I wonder if the solar flares of the last 3 days could possibly have interfered with their sonar? There was a potential for radio wave disruption (which my son informs me-- the one is electro-magnetic in nature, the other compression.) All differences aside, could solar flares possibly disrupt both types of waves?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

First of all Donegal is not the UK, dont want to piss off our Irish friends.

But as for the OP, very unusual! Maybe their internal navigation was disrupted by sonar or even geo magnetics? Or disease? Who knows?

What species were those poor animals?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oops double post
edit on 7-11-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
both very good ideas but it just

seems strange as i said you may get one beaching its self

but not a whole pod i have never heard ever in my 42 years on this planet

a whole pod of whales grounding them selves on an irish or uk beach
edit on 7-11-2010 by digby888 because: made some errors

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
both very good ideas but it just

seems strange as i said you may get one beaching its self

Agreed.
As strange as it is sad.
I hope they figure out the cause, in case it can be prevented for any future Earthlings of the sea...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

i think it has something to do with the moon, i know mamals use the magnetic field to find their way around, and im sure were having some sort of shift or something, all these earthquakes and volcanoes, something is happening i think cme's can twist our magnetic field as well maybe this could be a reason.

very odd to see that in the uk tho

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well you possibly have not been looking or listening in the right places then since it is not uncommon.

The largest stranding of false killer whales on record is 835 animals

From the link below.

Here is an example
edit on 7/11/2010 by PuterMan because: to add ex

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
These things and much worse will continue to happen as Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Frankly if your God requires that whales/dolphins are slaughtered in order to show me that the end of the world is nigh then frankly that sucks big time and I would not subscribe to that at all, or to this being who is so violent that if he ever did show up he would probably be incarcerated in a mental asylum.

Please explain also how, since this has been going on for hundreds of years, why he needs to take so long about getting his point across in this extraordinary and wasteful manner, destroying his own wonderful creation in the process.

For the next story please turn to The Big Blue Book of Fairytales...............
edit on 7/11/2010 by PuterMan because: Ah, the inevitable speeling erra

new topics

top topics

join