It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Fireballs , The Best Documented Examples of Unidentified Flying Objects

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireballStorm

As usual though, the only argument, you have to back up your claims is "they are real". After all these years, that is the best you can come up with? Really?

I used to be like that,then i took a green fireball to the knee

Meaning that you need to see one to believe,but since i have no photos to back my claim on an event that happened for 5 seconds tops at a distance of no more than 20 meters and an altitude of 15meters tops i dont go talking about it. But we dont need to discourage people from talking. Ufos are really one of those things you need to see to believe whatever they may prove to be in the end.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A friend and I were traveling down the San Luis valley one evening on our way to Crestone Colorado. We saw a green fireball over head traveling from north to south. It was was traveling low and slow and in a straight path. We were dumbfounded at the time. I had forgotten it until just now........a reply to: gortex

edit on 15-9-2019 by Bmused7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM

As usual though, the only argument, you have to back up your claims is "they are real". After all these years, that is the best you can come up with? Really?

I used to be like that,then i took a green fireball to the knee

Meaning that you need to see one to believe,but since i have no photos to back my claim on an event that happened for 5 seconds tops at a distance of no more than 20 meters and an altitude of 15meters tops i dont go talking about it. But we dont need to discourage people from talking. Ufos are really one of those things you need to see to believe whatever they may prove to be in the end.

Isn't that a cop out though?

How do you know I have not seen what is required for most to believe, but I simply do not believe because (for want of a better phrase) "my extensive research into the subject leads me to a different conclusion"? Have facts and hard evidence gone out of fashion that much?

To be fair, there are plenty of "mundane" things that might appear "other-worldly" under the right circumstances - take the following footage for example:

Tell me honestly - if you did not know better, if you turned around and saw what we see in that footage from the 3:45 mark, you would not think you were seeing a UFO?

We know it's not (its a combination of the sun and an unusual temperature inversion layer), but to some people it will still be a UFO... only it's not: it's our sun, not a UFO, and to suggest otherwise will just muddy the waters even more for other people. See Spaceweather.com for further info on the above footage.

Most people would consider the sun mundane/familiar, but meteors less so I would propose, yet under the right circumstances even something as seemingly familiar as our very own sun can look odd to say the least!

So, can we call it what it is, and move on, or can you add any evidence which backs up your point of view in regards to the topic in question - if not, why not?

If I'm that far off the mark, it should be easy to find the holes/flaws in my thinking surely?

I'm all for talking about things, but if you really want to talk, then let us talk about facts...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

While I do agree that there are still some mysteries when it comes to orb like phenomena (ball lightning, earth lights for example), and there could be other, even more mysterious phenomena yet to be documented that is orb like, most UFOs' like the ones in this thread, can be fairly easily de-bunked by someone who understands the subject.

I am willing to listen, but I'm still waiting to see any actual evidence, or even a coherent argument, that backs up your claims... if you want to be taken seriously?

Have you ever even seen a ufo? You claim to "understand the subject" in a post that can only be described as written in a condescending manner to people who have had very real experiences with the orbs, heck who have even been 12 inches being eyeballed from a golf ball white type ufo orb. In addition to which if these orbs are as you suggest Earthlights (
) why are they seen in connection with radiant white motherships? I can assure you in reality your understanding is very limited to your Earthlight state of mind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join