It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simpsons "All we own, we owe" chanting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Some episodes of the Simpsons contain references to secret societies. When watching Simpson "Rosebud" in Episode 4 of Season 5, I noticed the scene where three people dressed like bishops walk in circle at night outside Mr. Burns mansion, chanting "All we own, we owe..." repeativly. The scene is completly out of context and very strange. Anyone have any ideas what this could be a reference to?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
www.snpp.com...
there is a transcript of the episode

here is more evidence of the same chant in the wizzard of oz.

answers.yahoo.com...
anyone ever heard it was named after liber oz by crowley and not his book shelf as he claims?

I dont know exactly what masonic meaning is behind this chant, but if it is all we own we owe her, its starting to sound like goddess worship... how wiccan.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: addition

edit on 7-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Burns' guards The close captioning for the guards had their chant written as "O-E-O, E-O." Some people think it might have been "All we own, we owe" instead, which might make sense since they work for C. M. Burns.

Why is his three guards dressed as bishops?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's from the Wizard of Oz

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

nice work on the vid, i was looking for a better source that whole time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

hmmmmmm.... VERY INTERESTING and good catch. i'm gonna look into this too. off hand i can think of 2 explanations:

1. the early simpsons were clever and conscious enough writers to probably include something like that so that somedya someone like us would talk about it, haha. they may have even taken it from that wizard of oz thing.

2. the wizard of oz, i've heard but don't know for sure, is some kind of allegory about staying on the gold standard , so it could be a chant about the dangers of debt/non gold standard.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

The Wizard of Oz is one of the oddest most wonderful, bizarre, mind bending movies ever made.
You can watch it over and over and always find something else strange and new in it, not to mention that I am a complete freak for technicolor.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
www.snpp.com...
there is a transcript of the episode

here is more evidence of the same chant in the wizzard of oz.

answers.yahoo.com...
anyone ever heard it was named after liber oz by crowley and not his book shelf as he claims?

I dont know exactly what masonic meaning is behind this chant, but if it is all we own we owe her, its starting to sound like goddess worship... how wiccan.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: spelling

howd you come into conclusion its a masonic thing?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You can see the original Simpsons version here It's translated but the chant is the same.
It's the very first scene.They're even wearing the same uniforms as the Winkies from Oz

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I just get that secret society vibe from the scene. But yea It kind of reminds me of the guards they post outside buckingham palace, and its got a military vibe too, so go figure...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
You can see the original Simpsons version here It's translated but the chant is the same.
It's the very first scene.They're even wearing the same uniforms as the Winkies from Oz

Thanks! They chant at 0:40

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have heard this three other times recently in stuff on tv or the radio... for some reason I CAN NOT PIN DOWN where... which is odd.

If you think about the mantra in connection with recent press releases like the british government wanting to take witholdings for pay checks back into state control and rather than fixed flat rates they'll just take what THEY FEEL they need and send the poor person what's LEFT OVER!

This is getting more and more common... and people seem to be more and more willingly accepting CRIPPLING tax loads here in the US...

I don't know but what I do know is it's very very hard not to have your subconscious mind keep repeating it after you read it once... Which is interesting in itself that it seems to be self reinforcing.
Rabbit Hole kids... Good Catch OP even if it does indicate bad tidings for our society as a whole

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Are we sure it says all we own we owe, or oh wee oh, weee oh?

The thing would be to close cption the clips in question to detrmine exactly what they are saying.

The play sounded like oh wee oh to me. Or owe we owe....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think they changed it to "all we own, we owe" in the Simpsons to reference them working for Mr Burns, but it's hard to tell as it's really just a series of vowel sounds.

Closed captions are often wrong as well, depending on who did them.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
DId anynoe catch the last line the witch said as she walked off the stage?

" The next time I enslave an entire nation I must take out their intelligence first"

I'd say she probably meant it. But why would you enslave a nation and then slap them all in the face with a statement like that? Just to see if you can get away with it?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This has been an interest to me for quite a while. Its called "synchromysticism", it is how we are subliminally told certain things, as our minds will not recognize it the second time, but refer to it, as we heard it before. The 2 people that I would recommend for lots of information about this is Jake Kotze, and Steve Willner aka Soundless Dawn.

Watching the videos that he has made, and his pod-casts, has been a great way to learn how to see, and hear, those things that most people would hope that we miss.

Here is his page on YT.
www.youtube.com.../c/3DA0F1D137ED625A

And Jake Kotze.
thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is the same chant on the intro to an old metallica song, I though it was some kind of marching chant from the civil war.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've never thought they were saying anything other than O-E-O E-O.
I'm pretty if they were saying anything else it would be in the subtitles.
Also as there are no real words but only speculation (and it's written as the sounds) on what they say in the wizard of oz and this being a spoof of that I would say it's just the OEO etc.

Besides any of that though, this is really nothing. The Simpsons have been a lot more blatent with their messages and conspiracy/secret society gags in episodes past. Example:

edit on 9-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Wow. Thats the most unbelievable thing to come out of this thread....
Metallica actually have a sense of humour, who'd of thought it

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think i read that in the Wizard of Oz they are chanting "Oh we loathe the old one" referring to the witch they worked for. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join