It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Volcano season ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Indonesia

Flight chaos as volcano death toll rises to 138

AIRLINES cancelled flights into Indonesia's capital yesterday after a volcano hundreds of miles to the west unleashed its most powerful eruption in a century, incinerating villagers as they fled a searing gas cloud.

Philippines

Bulusan volcano emits steam, ash

Hence, the public is strictly prohibited to enter the 4-kilometer Permanent Danger Zone (PDZ). Likewise warned were people residing near the valleys and streams in close proximity to the volcano to be on extra alert against sediment-laden stream flows in the event of heavy rains.

Iceland

Grimsvotn: Is Another Icelandic Volcano About to Erupt?

After the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull in spring 2010, Iceland's Grimsvotn volcano is showing signs of activity. Will more disruption of air travel follow?

Russia

Russia's Shiveluch volcano erupts

Russia's Shiveluch volcano is erupting in Kamchatka, spewing ash to a height of 10 kilometres above sea level.

Russia2

This Is Not Snow

Think that's snow falling on that awesome double cab Toyota truck? Nope. It's actually ash from Klyuchevskaya Sopka, Russia's most active volcano. The 15,584 ft. tall volcano erupted last week, blanketing the town of Ust-Kamchatsk in ash.

So what do you think?

Is it Volcano season?

OR

[YOU FILL YOUR THEORY HERE]

oz

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This was posted quite recently off YouTube. "Earthquake / Volcano Watch Nov 8-11"

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
nice post!
I will admit i never really paid to much attention to volcano's in the past. i don't even know if Australia has an volcano's.. (i should find out)! But with all these volcano's erupting all within close proximity of each other... well it makes you think.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hunterschild88
nice post!
I will admit i never really paid to much attention to volcano's in the past. i don't even know if Australia has an volcano's.. (i should find out)! But with all these volcano's erupting all within close proximity of each other... well it makes you think.

I don't know about Australia, but I do know about North America:

Super Volcano threat to North America.

Some experts believe that a super volcano in the United States may soon erupt with such force as to lay waste much of North America. Moreover they believe that such an event may now be imminent and would constitute a major catastrophe whose effects would be felt around the world and push Mankind to the very brink of extinction.

Very interesting read.

I live in New Zealand, if something happens in Australia, it will definitely effect New Zealand:

This analysis from 2009:

Australia under threat of volcanic eruption

"The geological record shows that new volcanoes in these areas have erupted perhaps every 2,000 years in the past 40,000 years — and given there has not been a major eruption there for the past 5,000 years, a significant eruption seems well overdue," he said.

Interesting.

Which cities that will get effected?

University of Melbourne geologist Bernie Joyce said the threat of volcanic eruption in Victoria, South Australia and Queensland should be given more attention by emergency management authorities.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Flight chaos as volcano death toll rises to 138

Yet this flight chaos at least as far as yesterday was only International flights. Local ones were still running OK.

AIRLINES cancelled flights into Indonesia's capital yesterday after a volcano hundreds of miles to the west unleashed its most powerful eruption in a century, incinerating villagers as they fled a searing gas cloud.

Very sensationalist reporting. Yes of course the loss of life is regrettable, but if you look around you will see that most of these people died because they failed to heed the instruction to evacuate. Merapi is not actually not doing anything more than was expected.

Bulusan volcano emits steam, ash

Of course you have to pick the more sensational of the two reports. Try this one from the geologists. Does not sound quite as scary does it.

This is the list of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines. Like Indonesia they have a few that go off from time to time.

Grimsvotn: Is Another Icelandic Volcano About to Erupt?

Nope. Not yet anyways. Tremor dropped off and the jokullhlaup is coming to an end. There was an increase in tremor today:

but it is subsiding and I think was possibly because of a couple of quakes that happened on top of Grimsvotn today.

Russia's Shiveluch volcano erupts

It is in Kamchatka, which like Indonesia is one of the most volcanically active regions of the earth. There is always a volcano going off in Kamchatka. This is neither unusual or surprising.

Russia2 - This Is Not Snow

See above

So what do you think?

Is it Volcano season?

OR

Nothing to see, move along.

Now we have the Australian in the video.

Yes there will be an 'event' in Greece or Crete. I would be very very surprised if there was not. In the last 7 days there have been 91 'events' ranging from mag 2.0 to mag 3.8. Historically this area is more likely to have a big one in Jan/Feb and 2011 is when it is due (sort of)

Regarding a volcano around lat 12 deg, how extremely convenient that his video was posted the same day that Bulusan spouted a bit of ash, and Bulusan happens to be at lat 12 deg.

6.8 in Nepal. I doubt it but time will tell.

Yellowstone? Not a chance. Not in your or my lifetime.

Australia? That report is a little sensationalist as all tend to be these days

The voluminous Newer Volcanics province covers a broad 15,000 sq km area of SE Australia with nearly 400 small shield volcanoes and explosive vents of Tertiary-to-Holocene age. Volumetrically the vast proportion of volcanic products consist of flat-lying lava flows, although the most prominent features of the volcanic field are the numerous small scoria cones, tuff rings, and maars that rise above the lava plain. Several vents were active during the Holocene; another vent (Mount Tower) is now considered to be of late-Pleistocene age. Late-Pleistocene to Holocene eruptions are characterized by small volume and low explosivity, forming a series of scoria cones, maars, tuff rings, and major valley filling lava flows. The youngest dated eruptions took place at Mount Schank and Mount Gambier about 5000 years ago, when explosive activity formed several maars and associated lava flows.

Smithsonian.

My friend you would do well to worry more about your home country. There is far more chance of danger there.
edit on 7/11/2010 by PuterMan because: Digital Dyslexia rools KO

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes this is Natural Disaster Season, it is the beginning of sorrows that Jesus Talks about. there are about 1200 active Volcanoes in the world. Yosemetie is a very large Volcano that will erupt in our lifetime. mt.st. helens will erupt again. We are living in the last days , that Jesus foretold. Things are only gonna get worse from here on out till Jesus Returns. All you have to do is read the book of Mathew and Revelation from the Bible. The world is gonna experience some real scary stuff.. Jesus said (when the Gospel is Preached all over the world then the end will come) . The communist countrys ,hes talking about and the people who have never heard of Jesus..Jesus said we will see signs and wonders . The anti-christ will do things to make people marvel. He will perform signs and wonders. We will see signs from the cosmos(asteroids) .

top topics

join