It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in the gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like to use flashearth.com to look at the world because you don't have to download anything. There is a setting called Nasa Images (updated daily?)
Anyway, I don't know if it really is updated daily but I was looking at the gulf. There is no cloud cover, except for four lines. I don't know if these are contrails, chemtrails or what they are. I have been using flash earth for a while and I have never seen anything like this before. It almost looks like plumes from missile launches or something. I can't really tell what it is, so I want people to see. Has anyone on the gulf noticed any strange clouds?

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Due to the cold weather they might be plumes from factories.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ok, that might explain it. Also, use flash earth and use the nasa setting, look at Nevada, Utah, Colorado area and zoom in. You can literally see the sky is just filled with lines of contrails. I have never seen anything like it. You can see all these lines and then I guess the shadows of them on the ground. It looks really weird. They are spraying a lot in that area, as if maybe trying to hide something.

Here is a picture of that
img.photobucket.com...
edit on 6-11-2010 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I am still not clear about chemtrails as being a sinister plot. It might simply be NOAA and scientists simply trying to add protective layering to our ozone-atmosphere to protect against solar radiation.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Due to the cold weather they might be plumes from factories.

Smoke or something from a factory is possible, or it could be smoke from fires, hazard reduction maybe.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have never noticed these plumes before, but it is getting colder. They look pretty big but I guess one factory could make a plume that spreads out like that, especially if it is cold outside. Anyway, the flash earth is pretty neat to play around with. Just look yourself sometime and see if you notice anything unusual with it. It might be good to have some more people keeping their eyes on the skies.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
More than likely what you are looking at is the burning of sugarcane fields. This is harvest time and the burn the fields after, LARGE fields. That pic is the gulf coast from west of Houston,TX. to around Layfayette, LA. Sugar country! I used to live in New Orleans, you could see the haze in the air and smell the smoke for hundreds of miles. I miss that.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ok thanks, that's probably what it is then. I learned something new today.
Where I live it is soybeans, cotton, and tomatoes.

join