It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am tired of trying to figure out God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am tired of trying to figure out about our God.
I am sick of it.
I do feel that there is a God.... the beginning of everything.
I do feel that we humans are more than a machine...that we have a soul/spirit...
but I am sick of it.
Lately I feel more and more that we humans are complex machines.
We are so complex that we believe that we are actually eternal beings... like humans.
I sometimes wonder, are we really the beings that we think we are?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I have something for you. Something that no other then small people of large faith believe in their life.
G-d
For you to enjoy.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Personally I still believe that there is a God, but I do not believe in churches. I don't think God ever meant we were supposed to go to a physical building to worship him, the temple is your soul. Churches are a scam. Even tithing, the most benifit from that would be to tithe directly to a needy person, not give it to a church.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

My head is pretty messed. I was raised in what some would call a cult. I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't care anymore. What will be will be. If God is omniscient and loving.....i know i will be OK. So now, i just wait.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
are we thinking too highly of ourselves????
so high that we don't really know ourselves?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Honestly....i don't have the power to look at another link, another theory, another belief........i just don't give a crap.

but i know.....i will be fine.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Well I believe in the concept of God as universal. My view is not religious. Not even a spatial view. Just logical.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This is what I call Agnosticism. We have IMO always been on the fence concerning our faith, and that has been proven for thousands of years. Our search could last a lifetime, but answers may never be heard. Do what makes you happy, be yourself, and be compassionate, understand and be hopeful that one day you will find what completes you.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

hahaha "your tired of trying to figure out god"?????? hahah really??? nahhh? come one.

not withstanding the fact that virtually every person who ever existed has tried to do this and hasnt come up with a conclusive answer im pretty sure the fact your tired is universally accepted and agreed on. even the people that say they know god has doubt. lmao funniest thread this week S&F still cant stop laughing.

edit to add

the concept of god is so beyond the human psyche to comprehend its comical. that fact that we know next to nothing about even the immediate matter around us let alone the other energies that permeate that matter or the other dimensions. to be so arrogant as to assume we could even fathom a infinite fraction of the vastness of something that created all this is to me the height of the human ego. lmao if you want proof god has a sense of humor just have a look at our species. insignificant bacteria who think they know it all. lol
edit on 6-11-2010 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Both God and the Universe meet the same 4 basic requirements and are therefor the one and the same thing.

They're both...

Perfect in the sense of Totality not Morality!

Omnipresent as you have to start somewhere!

Omniscient as they wrote the physical laws of "[y]our" reality!

Omnipotent as being everthing and knowing it all sure makes one all powerfull!

Now all states self observe [unethical but doable] and that meens we are all observers at our level of scale!

Even electrons are aware and change their behaviour according to [y]our behaviour.

Dr Quantums Double Split Experiment [youtube.com]

And the evidence that you yourself are a [unethical] self observing observer collasping their own wave function is...

Cogito ergo sum (by Rene Descartes) [wiki]

... "I think, therefor I am!"

Personal Disclosure: God was so powerfull as to be self causal and that like your own self is a miracle of and from God! I hope your place in that map is now clarified and you can recalibrate when and where you are going etc.
If you require any more details please see my signature for extra directions ok!

P.S. If you require a map for morality I can only suggest ...

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Hail Eris! Hail Achlys!

2nd Edit: And here is the dimensional map of God/The Universe and where you are in that scale wise!

Ten Dimensions [youtube.com]

edit on 6-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited a grammatical fail. soz

edit on 6-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add dimensional map!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If God exists, its about design and existence, not sentience.

No point worrying about something that will never affect you in any way that can be controlled. Its like doing your head in over why you are a sentient creature. It just is.
edit on 6-11-2010 by seenitall because: God told me

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well Ask a scientist to explain consciousness...he cant give you a definite answer. So I go by the belief that God, consciousness and the universe are the same thing. its really that simple

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by The Great Day

Well I believe in the concept of God as universal. My view is not religious. Not even a spatial view. Just logical.

2 days ago it was jewish...4 days ago you was a proud atheist..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

You know what I mean! I'm an Agnostic. I like wearing the Atheist label though. I just wanted to share the site he might be interested in.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by angrydog

You know what I mean! I'm an Agnostic. I like wearing the Atheist label though. I just wanted to share the site he might be interested in.

I AM Agnostic and I dont wear ANY label except the one I presented.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Well maybe I should start following in your footsteps.

I feel I need to catch up to you. lol

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I feel like growing and process are the points of evolving. You cannot claim to one, but be in your heart for the opposition of the others.

What that means to me is that while others may fear judgment, you know what to say on your behalf, if you fear hell, you know that it is either existent or not, and if you fear life, you know the way of death and the path leads to you.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Read '___': The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman.

For good insight read the I CHING.

And I would recommend researching the concepts of Hinduism and Buddhism I can elaborate a lot more if you want.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Hey bro, did you ever think of not trying to figure God out? What is the point? If you believe then you believe, have a little faith if you are going to believe in God, if not then don't worry about it. Our logical minds want to try to understand everything and there are some things in this world that logic can't comprehend. Knowing that there is a God (or Creator/Great Spirit/ Divine spirit, whatever you call God), is an internal feeling. You can feel it in your heart and in the core of your soul.

Why do people want proof of God? What is this proof? Do you think God is going to manifest right in front of your face just so you feel better and then you can believe? Is God going to put on extravagant displays of power just so YOU can know God exists? No, it doesn't work that way. Some people don't know that God is inside of them, inside of all of us and when we realise this, and then we can fully feel God's presence in us and all around us. Well, I mean if you believe there is a God or Creator.

But why listen to me? Life is a long journey that you ultimately have to travel yourself to find the answers that you seek. Think about it and when you are ready you will feel the presence and the power. If you are at this point then you are close my friend, just hold on a little longer and push through this despair. Look into a baby’s eyes or a puppy's eyes, it's there -- all you have to do is remember that connection and you'll find it. It takes time, effort, and sacrifice. What are you willing to give up to find this out? Everyone wants but no one is willing to give in order to get what they want.

Maybe you are to “plugged” in with this material world and have to grow a bit more spiritual before you can realise this. It's a touchy subject but be strong and have faith in yourself first and don't look externally for a Saviour or a deity to help you. You are that Saviour so start there and I guarantee you'll like what you find.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Edit: post moved.
edit on 6-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join